Don't worry, here's a phony tracking number to console you

Mooem

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Just got an update on the shipment, there's apparently been movement since the 13th. They are also shipping Next Day Air which was surprising and it'll be delivered tomorrow.

I'm not sure why UPS's tracking system takes so long to update but there's definitely movement even if you can't see anything on your end.

gmen78

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
Just got an update on the shipment, there's apparently been movement since the 13th. They are also shipping Next Day Air which was surprising and it'll be delivered tomorrow.

I'm not sure why UPS's tracking system takes so long to update but there's definitely movement even if you can't see anything on your end.

That's encouraging.... cross my fingers!!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

terps49

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
Had the exact same problem. I was starting to worry that actually getting my Nexus was in danger. (I ordered mine on Thursday the 12th and thought maybe I missed that preorder time)

This greatly relieved my worry. Still annoyed, but since I ordered Thursday don't have as much of a right to be annoyed as others.

EJT

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site

While it's encouraging.......I'll believe it when I see it. I suspect I have a zero point zero percent chance of seeing my tablet tomorrow, and like 50/50 on Tuesday. Of course, with my luck, it'll get lost in delivery, and I'll get it in September (broken) :mad:

droidnutt1130

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
Same here..... its technically 24 "business" hours, and since UPS won't be updating over the weekend you won't see anything until, at best Monday morning.

What more than likely happened. Companies can create/submit tracking numbers & shipping labels from UPS on their own. So on July 9th Google created all the tracking numbers and labels preparing for everything to go out that evening for delivery on July 12th.

Something happened and Google stopped the packages from going out the door to the UPS trucks. They decided to not release the packages and e-mail out tracking numbers till late Friday after UPS would have made that afternoon's pickup.

So as a total waste all our Nexus 7's will sit in a warehouse till Monday morning or afternoon. With 2nd day shipping we more than likely will not get them till Wed.... meanwhile some people have been walking in and picking them up at Sam's Clubs and Gamestops...... :(

Well that really sucks,i was all happy thinking i would be recieving mine monday morning but looks like ai am in the same boat as you guys because i got my fake tracking number at 2:30 am friday aswell so like you said it is setting in a @#%#ing warehouse with us thinking it was shipped and in all reality we will not see them till wensday,man that sucks,i was so happy thinking for sure monday.:mad:

droidnutt1130

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
We should all be clear about one thing. If Google sent you an e-mail that states that your Nexus 7 shipped on Friday, then two day shipping means your package will arrive on Monday or Tuesday. Any later than Tuesday, shipping must be refunded.

Now that my friend is very true and i have not looked at it that way,when we all rerecieved our email with tracking it says your order from what ever day you ordered it has been shipped,so that was friday and we paid for 2 day shipping,if we do not receive it monday than we are eligable for a shipping refund.Now that makes me feel a little better.Thanks for pointing that out.

mark@laura.org

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
I used to work in the shipping business and these kind of shipping 'pops' are usually handled something like this:
1. Shipping labels are created and printed at the shipping origin. A tracking number is assigned at the time the label is printed. The label has barcodes containing the tracking number, destination address, and other information.
2. Labels are put on boxes of product.
3. When the boxes are ready to be handed over to UPS, an electronic manifest report is transmitted from the shipper to UPS. This can occur anytime but typically it is sent at the end of each day and includes data for all of the shipments prepared that day (tracking numbers, destinations, etc.). When UPS receives this data they usually post something like 'Billing info received' in the tracking status.
4. Usually when shipments are picked up by the courier the label barcode is scanned as a pickup checkpoint. But in a large batch the boxes may already be palletized so they are not scanned at pickup, but will be scanned later as they transit service centers, sort centers, etc. Many status checkpoint scans can occur as the shipment moves from origin to destination but only a few key updates are shown in the tracking status on the UPS website.

I would be surprised if Google were doing this themselves. I would expect them to contract this whole process out to UPS or let a distributor (or ASUS?) handle it.
Note that at step 1 Google had all of the information needed to send the notification email that I received on Friday night. They could have sent it anytime so it maybe they got to step 3 on Friday, or maybe it's still bogus.

The shipping sequence/priority seems random. Sometimes label batches (step 1) are printed by destination state or zipcode as a presort for UPS, rather than by order date.

I hope they are not sitting around with piles of shipping labels and no product to put them on.

My N7 situation:
Ordered during keynote on June 27, 16Gig, no case.
Received email that it had shipped on Friday July 13 at 9:33 pm. My credit card was also charged on Friday.
Current status:
>>> UPS could not locate the shipment details for your request. Please verify your information and try again later.

Reactions: juststart

richo123

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
My tracking info says it was shipped on 7/12 and is scheduled for delivery 7/16. Two day shipping says it must arrive at the end of the 2nd business days after shipping. In my case that is 7/13 and 7/16 so unless it arrives at the end of Monday it has not met the conditions of the Two day shipping. It is still showing waiting for pickup on Sunday 7/15 so they are going to have to get their asses into gear tomorow to meet their stated shipping info. I also got an email from MyUPS specifying delivery between 11.30am and 3.30pm tomorrow. Lets see if they meet their commitments

Drapetomania

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
I used to work in the shipping business and these kind of shipping 'pops' are usually handled something like this:
1. Shipping labels are created and printed at the shipping origin. A tracking number is assigned at the time the label is printed. The label has barcodes containing the tracking number, destination address, and other information.
2. Labels are put on boxes of product.
3. When the boxes are ready to be handed over to UPS, an electronic manifest report is transmitted from the shipper to UPS. This can occur anytime but typically it is sent at the end of each day and includes data for all of the shipments prepared that day (tracking numbers, destinations, etc.). When UPS receives this data they usually post something like 'Billing info received' in the tracking status.
4. Usually when shipments are picked up by the courier the label barcode is scanned as a pickup checkpoint. But in a large batch the boxes may already be palletized so they are not scanned at pickup, but will be scanned later as they transit service centers, sort centers, etc. Many status checkpoint scans can occur as the shipment moves from origin to destination but only a few key updates are shown in the tracking status on the UPS website.

I would be surprised if Google were doing this themselves. I would expect them to contract this whole process out to UPS or let a distributor (or ASUS?) handle it.
Note that at step 1 Google had all of the information needed to send the notification email that I received on Friday night. They could have sent it anytime so it maybe they got to step 3 on Friday, or maybe it's still bogus.

The shipping sequence/priority seems random. Sometimes label batches (step 1) are printed by destination state or zipcode as a presort for UPS, rather than by order date.

I hope they are not sitting around with piles of shipping labels and no product to put them on.

My N7 situation:
Ordered during keynote on June 27, 16Gig, no case.
Received email that it had shipped on Friday July 13 at 9:33 pm. My credit card was also charged on Friday.
Current status:
>>> UPS could not locate the shipment details for your request. Please verify your information and try again later.

I read elsewhere that someone said a Google CSR said that shipping was based on how the UPS put them on the pallet.. Does our non-existent info UPS-side mean it may all have been placed on a pallet and is still coming Monday?

occam49

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
Yeah ... I'm a charter member of the Punked by Google club.

I ordered my N7 at 11:30A on June 27th. Got my my faux shipped notification on Saturday July 14 at 1:30 AM. I was charged on 7/14 at 1:07 PM.

UPS tracking status: We've never heard of you or your tracking number.

steve dave

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
Yeah ... I'm a charter member of the Punked by Google club.

I ordered my N7 at 11:30A on June 27th. Got my my faux shipped notification on Saturday July 14 at 1:30 AM. I was charged on 7/14 at 1:07 PM.

UPS tracking status: We've never heard of you or your tracking number.

I am in the same boat. I have all the same events within minutes of yours. Google is a joke.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

splmonster

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
You guys need to understand something.. Clearly. It's the weekend and no shipments or anything is updated on the weekends. Google also does not operate in that department on the weekends from what I was told. The issue isn't Google or UPS, it's the "weekend". Learn the shipping literature. It's always been this way.....

diana

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
You guys need to understand something.. Clearly. It's the weekend and no shipments or anything is updated on the weekends. Google also does not operate in that department on the weekends from what I was told. The issue isn't Google or UPS, it's the "weekend". Learn the shipping literature. It's always been this way.....

False, I received a UPS shipping update for another delivery, scanned this morning at 7am

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

splmonster

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
False, I received a UPS shipping update for another delivery, scanned this morning at 7am

Did you pay for specific weekend shipping? I have two UPS friends that have confirmed that normal shipping is not done on the weekends, nor is the system update. "Unless" You pay for specific weekend shipping for Saturday. Sunday is a dead day.

I have never once in all the years that I have ordered things, got any updates or shipping stuff sent to me on the weekends. That's over hundreds of sites, and different shipping companies.

diana

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
Nope, this was a package shipped ground, it arrived in the bay area this morning, scanned at 7am and will be delivered tomorrow, my tracking number for my Nexus says second day, left the 12th but not a single scan, just that the label has been processed

splmonster

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
Nope, this was a package shipped ground, it arrived in the bay area this morning, scanned at 7am and will be delivered tomorrow, my tracking number for my Nexus says second day, left the 12th but not a single scan, just that the label has been processed

I have never once experienced my shipping info ever be changed on a Sunday. I will just once again reiterate something to everybody. When you ordered the device.. It clearly stated "Ships within 2-3 weeks" Business days I might add. "When released!" So how is Google being phoney? Let alone lying.. If anything they are getting these shipped out quicker then the original 2-3 weeks that was originally stated.

diana

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
Shipment ProgressWhat's This? Location Date Local Time Activity
San Pablo, CA, United States 07/15/2012 7:25 A.M. Arrival Scan
Hodgkins, IL, United States 07/12/2012 8:57 A.M. Departure Scan
Hodgkins, IL, United States 07/11/2012 12:56 A.M. Arrival Scan
Louisville, KY, United States 07/10/2012 9:00 P.M. Departure Scan
07/10/2012 5:07 P.M. Origin Scan
United States 07/10/2012 1:29 P.M. Order Processed: Ready for UPS

Josefius

Jun 3, 2012
Visit site
Just installed the UPS app for my GN, logged in and it shows that mine has a delivery day of 7/17/12 that's more info than what is on their website.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

crackberrytraitor

May 10, 2012
Visit site
Did you pay for specific weekend shipping? I have two UPS friends that have confirmed that normal shipping is not done on the weekends, nor is the system update. "Unless" You pay for specific weekend shipping for Saturday. Sunday is a dead day.

I have never once in all the years that I have ordered things, got any updates or shipping stuff sent to me on the weekends. That's over hundreds of sites, and different shipping companies.

You don't know what you're talking about here, man. I currently have 8 deliveries on their way to me via UPS and I ship via UPS almost every day. The only thing different about the weekend is whether or not the vans that deliver to your house come out. Saturday delivery costs extra, and there is no delivery on Sunday. The shipping network runs 24/7.

Now a couple things to note. One is that everyone with a delivery date of Monday on their tracking seems to have had their labels prepared on 7/12, which is odd. The other is that according to UPS, every package must have it's label it scanned into their system at the first process center it arrives at usually done with a big stack of barcodes on paper so they don't have to scan each package, which hasn't happened. I would also note that if they had been shipped on Friday, they wouldn't be in bulk groups anymore, they would be spit up and 90 percent of the way to each of their individual destinations. So if the guy who worked at UPS has any more ideas about this, that would be awesome.

When you ordered the device.. It clearly stated "Ships within 2-3 weeks" Business days I might add. "When released!" So how is Google being phoney? Let alone lying.. If anything they are getting these shipped out quicker then the original 2-3 weeks that was originally stated.

We payed for 2 day shipping. If it doesn't come by Monday, then they have failed to provide 2 day shipping.

Secondly, they promised a pre-order. I've quoted this like half a dozen times now, but here's the definition of a pre-order:

A pre-order is an order placed for an item which has not yet been released. The idea for pre-orders came when people found it hard to get popular items in stores due to their popularity. Companies were then given the idea to allow people to reserve their own personal copy, before the release, which has been a huge success. Pre-orders allow consumers to guarantee immediate delivery on release

-Wikipedia

They failed to provide immediate delivery on release. Therefore they didn't provide a pre-order, which is what they sold us. Do you understand?

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
XCman