Dropped in Water. Cell Radio not working

nikedude

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
I went swimming with my phone, Realized it and put it in rice for 48 hours. The phone boots up and touchscreen, wifi, etc work fine. The cell radio is not working though, I brought it into Verizon and got a new SIM card and still no luck. My question is, is it a possibility that this could be a software issue that a factory reset/root might fix. Perhaps reinstalling the cell radio files or something, or is this just a lost cause and I should move on. I have insurance, but it is $100 to get a replacement, and judging from a previous thread, it looks like that is about the asking price of the phone if I were to sell it. I am due for an upgrade in 2 days, but none of the phones out right now have that WOW factor that I am really looking for.

Any help with the radio question would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
You could try unlocking the device and flashing the radio or full factory images. Although I'm really leaning more towards a hardware problem if it went for a swim.

nikedude

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
Thanks Paul.

I guess I will try the full Factory Image just to ensure I cover all my bases. Nothing left to lose at this point I guess.