Everything You Need To Know To Un-"Cripple" Your Captivate

Fiftyace

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
Its fixed....
looks like it starts to work properly....
then..
same error as it tries to update from sdcard...

can't verify 'E signature'

Fiftyace

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
oh...lol... I had the 'other way' programed into my brain... DOH....

Wow... that was too simple.

(FYI, don't mess with the name of the zip file.... like rename it 'update'...lol)

ferriss86

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
not sure if this is where i should be posting but heres my problem...ok really needing some help with my samsung captivate, I did a super one click root on my phone worked out great then i downloaded animod from applanet and it worked well till i had to restart to get the change to fully switch and well it would run through the boot all the way to the point you should see your lock screen instead it was black and vibrating every two min or so tried odin3 and i get as far as file analysis and it never moves...if anyone can help id be greatful...sorry so long

ferriss86

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
ok really needing some help with my samsung captivate, I did a super one click root on my phone worked out great then i downloaded animod from applanet and it worked well till i had to restart to get the change to fully switch and well it would run through the boot all the way to the point you should see your lock screen instead it was black and vibrating every two min or so tried odin3 and i get as far as file analysis and it never moves...if anyone can help id be greatful...sorry so long

tubbypop

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
"adb push %userprofile%\desktop\settings.db /sdcard"

I was able to pull the file settings.db to my desktop. When I try to push back to my phone after changing the default value from 0 to 1 using SQLite Manager I keep getting this error.

c:\Program Files\Android\android-sdk\platform-tools>adb push %userprofile%\desktop\settings.db /sdcard
failed to copy 'C:\Users\Michael\desktop\settings.db' to '/sdcard': Is a directory

Can someone tell me if I need to change it to /mnt/sdcard? That's where I see a file called settings.db and settings.db.backup.

SHIFT_Pump

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
It appears that the app "titanium backup" allows you to delete, un-install, restore,freeze individual apps. Is this the same as doing all those command prompt actions except a whole lot easier for some of us. Is there a difference? Seems like it would save alot of headaches as there are many posts in this thread looking for certain app commands to delete them?

Can anyone answer this?

morrna

Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
su says permission denied!

I followed all the steps to root the phone, and I have busybox and superuser permissions installed. The busybox installer also confirmed that my phone is rooted.

Then enter adb shell and type su, and it tells me "Permission denied"! What am I doing wrong?

ar

May 24, 2011
Visit site
okay so im having a problem on the part that says cp/dbdata/databases...etc and what happens is it says it's not found +i have root su and sdk also busybox v1.19 from busybox installer

pls someone help i'm getting sad over here

pittsm

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
this method is so complicated. why would anyone want to use it. After you root your phone just install a custom rom and ta-da, problems solved.

ice_cream

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
hey i have a dell aero(i know its a terrible mistake) on 2.1 update 1. it is unlocked(no at&t) . i cant install 3rd party apps. there is no option for usb debugging or unofficial sources app installing. all i want is 3rd pary app installing, and moving apps to sd at least.plz help.

here i a link of update
http://opensource.dell.com/releases/aero/2.1/

Last edited:

muksud03

May 15, 2012
Visit site
i'm actually new to cmd, i could not do anything after Connect USB to phone with USB Debugging ON
Command prompt... is there any other way without typing commands? please help

Aj9800

Aug 12, 2012
Visit site
Judging the date on some of these responses I'm praying i get a response.
I am currently trying to Root my Samsung Galaxy S (Captivate).
I've gone through every step, but i can't seem to access the internal memory on the device.
I dragged and dropped the .zip file to numerous locations throughout the device to try and get it too work, but thus far, I have come to nothing. If at all possible to anyone reading this, could you explain what to do from this step forward, as well as how and where to drop the zip file, I would more than greatly appreciate it.:)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ukfred