FC while adding a contact!?!

lanje78

Oct 8, 2010
Visit site
So, I've looked and have not seen this issue posted, if it is already posted, forgive me. But anywho, everytime I go to add a number to a contact, to create a contact or to merge contacts, I get an FC error: 'process android.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again' Anyone have this issue. I'm rooted, no custom ROM though. Any help would be great.

cordell

Jan 2, 2011
Visit site
So, I've looked and have not seen this issue posted, if it is already posted, forgive me. But anywho, everytime I go to add a number to a contact, to create a contact or to merge contacts, I get an FC error: 'process android.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again' Anyone have this issue. I'm rooted, no custom ROM though. Any help would be great.

What stock version, VC, V9? I dont have much experience using stock rom as I have ran a custom rom from day one, heck hour one, lol. How far do you get, are you choosing google contact or phone (un-synced)? Provide as much detail as you can and someone with a bit more knowledge in the stock area will come along with a answer/solution. Also did you flash a custom Kernel, if so what one?

Reactions: lanje78

lanje78

Oct 8, 2010
Visit site
I have a V9. I haven't taken the time to sit down and see if there is a way to install a ROM or Flash a kernel via Mac OS10.4.1 as of yet. So, that may be the issue. Last I checked it hadn't been figured out, but that was months ago. I just used Z4Root, which I know is the easy way out. I have successfully "tab-lified" my Nook color, though, so there is hope for me in that regard. I am synced with my google accounts and can enter information if i continually touch the screen fields, but the moment that I try to merge contacts or press the next button, I get the FC error. Does that help?

captmeach7

Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
The only time i experienced force closes when trying to deal with contacts was after i had flashed a new ROM and not wiped anything. The only thing i found on the issue is sometimes factory reset will fix it and sometimes not.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lather7753