First impressions (no S-notes)

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
If Google Keep or Squid don't have the same shortcuts as Action Memo, there IS a need for S Notes. Also a previous poster has hundreds of notes and memos as do others. Yes. There is definitely a need for SNote.
I've used Google keep for years it's great

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Well you should have started using Google keep years ago when it was first released. I have built up 3 years of notes, reminders, and tasks perfectly saved in the cloud since I use Google keep. It's the first widget and app I install on any Android device.
Same here and I've been through more phones than I want to admit over those years. Love that app

Drayk

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
If Google Keep or Squid don't have the same shortcuts as Action Memo, there IS a need for S Notes. Also a previous poster has hundreds of notes and memos as do others. Yes. There is definitely a need for SNote.
Maybe I'm missing something but, can't S-Note be downloaded from Google play?
92151a670364a0853bbddc88f9442ea4.jpg

ajb1965

Trusted Member
Jun 14, 2014
Visit site
Any time a feature you use for your core productivity is removed, it's beyond frustrating. I feel your pain. I hope you can find a workaround.

Amele

Dec 4, 2015
Visit site
The version from google play supposedly doesn't have the action memo, but I haven't investigated it yet just heard that from someone.

shanghaichica

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
This is android! There will be some form of work around, however it will take a while to discover it so we will have to wait until it's released and folks have had time to play around with it.

Connert

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
Maybe I'm missing something but, can't S-Note be downloaded from Google play?
//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170827/92151a670364a0853bbddc88f9442ea4.jpg
Within a few weeks of the Note 7 coming out, this was made incompatible. So it couldn't be installed through the Play Store. You were also "upgraded" to the new Samsung Notes.

If you take a look at Samsung Notes reviews on the Play Store you can see the many frustrated users and Samsung responding with an apology that made you think it would improve. Never happened... Probably due to the Note 7 death.

I'm just hoping that now with the new Note 8 we will see them start working on more development for this and put back the features that made the Note so powerful in the first place. The S Pen and features like the ones in S-notes are the reason for having a Note, if not for that you just have another large screen phone.

kjung7

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
They were probably going to rework S Notes or update Samsung Notes, but then the Note 7 had larger issues. Maybe they'll get onto developing the S Note software again. I'm just so surprised that Samsung removed so many S Pen features by removing S Note.

EMGSM

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
I've been using S-Note for years. When they took away features such as action memo, took out some templates and the ability to put borders around photos, I started looking for an alternative. There isn't one. Just as @ajb1965 stated, "Any time a feature you use for your core productivity is removed, it's beyond frustrating".

dsignori

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
If you have an older Galaxy Note with the S Note and Action Memo you need and use, you can use ML Manager on that phone to get the APK . Then just send the APK over to your Note 8 , install it, and try it. ML Manager is just an APK extractor that works very well. There's also a $1.49 pro version that is worth it if you need this sort of thing a lot.

toenail_flicker

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
you can use other tools too. I already have several root apps that will do the job. can anyone tell me if the note 3 or note 4 version offered the best action notes experience?

EMGSM

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
If you have an older Galaxy Note with the S Note and Action Memo you need and use, you can use ML Manager on that phone to get the APK . Then just send the APK over to your Note 8 , install it, and try it. ML Manager is just an APK extractor that works very well. There's also a $1.49 pro version that is worth it if you need this sort of thing a lot.

This is good to know. Thanks for sharing.

Katrina White1

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
Didn't many people (inc Verizon's version iirc) lose features like Scrapbook with the Lollipop update (my unlocked one didn't), and something similar or worse befell Note 4 owners with a major update.
I don't think Samsung can be bothered adapting their features for every OS on each version anymore, so slimmed everything down. Just a thought.

Scrapbook and action memo are on my N4. It's running 6.0.1

Attachments

• 393.jpg
    393.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 39

sandra_17

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
We do have the .apk's for all of the S Note components. This worked on the N7. Unfortunately when I installed them all on the N8 in my VZW store, S Note crashed right after opening a new note. And Action Memo wouldn't show up at all. (See my post earlier in the thread - https://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?p=5940487)

I'm hoping that once I have my N8 I can play around with several different versions of S Note. Praying that will work, or hopefully someone more technical than I (on XDA maybe?) can help us figure out a way to get this working again.

Last edited: