From OnLeaks, Get Excited

Alex98

Sep 11, 2015
Visit site
The CPU's frequency seems very low to me. 1.55Ghz for a CPU that usually runs at 2Ghz ?

Maybe that's the way google will go to prevent the overheating of this SoC ?

Hasbrobot

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
The CPU's frequency seems very low to me. 1.55Ghz for a CPU that usually runs at 2Ghz ?

Maybe that's the way google will go to prevent the overheating of this SoC ?

I thought it was odd being so low for that chip. At this point, who knows if this is even accurate?

Kaido

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
gimme battery size, gimme gimme gimme ... that's all I need to know

seriously though, those results are pathetic and make me question the 810 more than I already did. Qualcomm must be giving them away.

it might be a smart idea to sit 2015 out, the chip situation is a nightmare and I don't think that's an overreaction.

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
gimme battery size, gimme gimme gimme ... that's all I need to know

seriously though, those results are pathetic and make me question the 810 more than I already did. Qualcomm must be giving them away.

it might be a smart idea to sit 2015 out, the chip situation is a nightmare and I don't think that's an overreaction.

That's probably only true for the flagship purchase. For the person looking to dip a toe into the "high end" (or at least the high mid-range), then it's a great year to buy a phone. There's an incredible amount of value at the $400 mark this year. It's really quite wonderful (even if it's coming at the expense of the otherwise high-end buyers of the SD810 who soured on that SoC).

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site

Kaido

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site
Ok... and after looking at few more links on their site I found that this was the website with the BAD report that the Nexus 5 was only going to have 2G of RAM.

Phonearena never has any exclusives nor do they fact check. They will repost anything even if the source is questionable and if the other rumors/leaks conflict it.

"Lol, more traffic" - their thought process in a nutshell

Still, sometimes whatever they repost does turn out to be accurate.

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
That's probably only true for the flagship purchase. For the person looking to dip a toe into the "high end" (or at least the high mid-range), then it's a great year to buy a phone. There's an incredible amount of value at the $400 mark this year. It's really quite wonderful (even if it's coming at the expense of the otherwise high-end buyers of the SD810 who soured on that SoC).

I would agree with you there, the Moto Pure is a solid phone, one I'm still seriously considering. On the high end side, if you're a fan of Samsung's new design, they have what many consider the perfect phone. For some the Edge+ and Note 5 are as good as it gets, and they have great processors to boot.

On a separate issue, I spoke with an AT&T store rep today, he was behind me grabbing a coffee and I couldn't help but pick his brain. We both agreed that at this very moment, all things considered the best phone to buy is the Nexus 6 for $350.

He said people buy nothing but iPhones (shocker, I know), which I obviously knew but he was emphatic about it, and he owns the regular S6. He said occasionally people buy the S6 and Edge, and the Note is still a niche product, but 9/10 times they come in for an iPhone.

anon(5506951)

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
I would agree with you there, the Moto Pure is a solid phone, one I'm still seriously considering. On the high end side, if you're a fan of Samsung's new design, they have what many consider the perfect phone. For some the Edge+ and Note 5 are as good as it gets, and they have great processors to boot.

On a separate issue, I spoke with an AT&T store rep today, he was behind me grabbing a coffee and I couldn't help but pick his brain. We both agreed that at this very moment, all things considered the best phone to buy is the Nexus 6 for $350.

He said people buy nothing but iPhones (shocker, I know), which I obviously knew but he was emphatic about it, and he owns the regular S6. He said occasionally people buy the S6 and Edge, and the Note is still a niche product, but 9/10 times they come in for an iPhone.

Interesting that you mentioned what the rep said about the Moto Nexus. Right now, I'd have to say my choices are between it, the Moto XPE, or the 2016 Moto X with the 820. For all my excitement over the Huawei Nexus over the last few months, I don't know if I'd trust the new Nexus devices.

Posted via the Android Central App

adamgalas1

Jul 31, 2015
Visit site
Google Nexus 5 (2015) Known As Nexus 5X Might Turn Out To Be A Killer Device - Neurogadget.com

The rumored specs of 5.2 inch screen, 1080 screen 3 gb ram, 808 processor, 16/32 gb memory and 2700 mAh battery are nothing new note is the base price of $399.

But check out the bottom where it says the 32 gb model will cost $499.

Have to say, that if the that will be a shocking bad deal for me range specs.

When a moto x PE 64 gb model costs $499, the nexus 5x choosing that much and not offering SD card, well it's madness.

The moto x comes with a better camera, twice the memory, bigger better resolution screen and SD card support, plus those useful moto assist features.

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Better camera? Says who? I haven't seen any high res pictures from the New Nexus yet. Have you? And have you compared in detail to the Moto X?
Nexus has a fingerprint reader.
Nexus has an LED notification light
Nexus has vanilla android (not everyone likes moto stuff)
Nexus has a better design (IMO if renders are accurate)
Nexus has lower screen resolution (I prefer this due to better battery life)

the lower screen resolution and battery life will be key for me. I've read a lot of people approaching a week into their Pure that are reporting 3-3.5 hours SOT. If that where it's at now, it'll be even worse in a year. That just wouldn't fly for me.

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
the lower screen resolution and battery life will be key for me. I've read a lot of people approaching a week into their Pure that are reporting 3-3.5 hours SOT. If that where it's at now, it'll be even worse in a year. That just wouldn't fly for me.

I've got to think that 3-3.5 hours of Screen On Time for the Moto X is a dubious number at best because it depends entirely what processes that screen (and the underlying SoC) are working on. If we're talking about 3.5 hours of constant gaming, that's one thing, but if we're talking 3.5 hours of reading e-books, that's something else.

It's not a concern to ignore, and you're wise to bring it up, but those numbers seem highly suspect.

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site

Sounds like it time for you to go buy a Pure.

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Sounds like it time for you to go buy a Pure.

lol ... I actually really like the Pure, but can picture getting the Hauwei Nexus instead. Moto is hands down my favorite OEM, and for the price, I can definitely do a lot worse. The Moto features are my favorite.

But yeah, the closer we get to Sept 29, and the more sh:t I type on my S4 (no complaints, it's been a solid phone for 3 years), the more I think I'll be lined up on release day hitting F5 like a fu$king madman again!!

I'm a sucker for stock, it's perfect!

adamgalas1

Jul 31, 2015
Visit site
CNET is reporting that benchmarks for nexus 6x are 5.7 inch 4k screen same as moto x PE, 3 gb ram 32 gb memory and 13/8 mp camera.

No word on battery size or price so it seems that. The nexus 6x is matching the moto step for step except possibly in memory and the soc.

Hopefully they offer a 64 gb option as well and if so then it all comes down to price.

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
CNET is reporting that benchmarks for nexus 6x are 5.7 inch 4k screen same as moto x PE, 3 gb ram 32 gb memory and 13/8 mp camera.

No word on battery size or price so it seems that. The nexus 6x is matching the moto step for step except possibly in memory and the soc.

Hopefully they offer a 64 gb option as well and if so then it all comes down to price.

I didn't read anywhere that it'll have a 4K display.

This is the only article CNet had today, and it clearly states a 1440p display, which isn't 4K. MXP doesn't use a 4K display either.

http://www.cnet.com/news/new-huawei-nexus-6-benchmarks-paint-clearer-picture/

The biggest difference BT the Hauwei Nexus and MXP are the fingerprint sensor, SD slot and USB-C. Battery and camera will be an interesting shootout, and one I suspect will be the determining factor for many.

It'll come down to battery life, not price for me. I don't see a huge difference in price anyway, and especially after the Amazon deal I got on the Nexus 6, I'm not gonna let $100 or whatever get in the way. I'm no big shot or anything, but I intend to keep this phone 24-36 months, so price won't factor into the decision.

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
I really hope they come with a reasonable sized battery. I'm hoping for 3500+ although I don't see that happening, not this year.

I really don't know where my threshold would be though. I guess a lot of it depends on reviews prior to release. I can't remember last year, or the year before, if reviewers got one before we could place our order.

Cause if it's 3300+ I'll buy it no matter what. 3000 I might want to read a few reviews. Anything less than that I'm going back to my flip phone!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acecool99