FYI: HTC U11+ works fine on AT&T.

Billy Bob Jimmy Joe

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
I bought one from eBay and popped in my SIM card and the LTE connection has been fairly good. I never really had fast LTE living in L.A. I did do a speed test and the download speed is about the same around 10/mbps. Although it doesn't shows the 'LTE' logo, I used an app called 'Network Cell Info' and it says I'm connected to LTE.

Other things to know: It's dual SIM, so make sure to put it in the right slot. I was only getting 2G initially because I put it in the wrong slot. Google's Phone/Messages app doesn't work well on this phone so I just use the default HTC ones.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
What about VoLTE (I think AT&T calls it HD Voice)? I read that the U11 (not the Plus) wasn't compatible with VoLTE on AT&T.

Billy Bob Jimmy Joe

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
What about VoLTE (I think AT&T calls it HD Voice)? I read that the U11 (not the Plus) wasn't compatible with VoLTE on AT&T.

As far as I know, it doesn't work. It's a feature I have never tried. I did a quick research and it says that it's a feature exclusive for AT&T branded phones. So, my guess is no.

Mo4SHo

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
I’m looking at getting this phone as well for AT&T. I’m in the Bay Area and in my area, LTE Bands 2 and 17 are the common ones. The U11 Plus has no support for LTE Band 2, but I read in another post that the some people were getting bands that weren’t officially listed on HTC website for the U11. Can you provide some info as to whether you are getting LTE band 2 or whatever LTE band you are currently getting in your area? Thanks!

Billy Bob Jimmy Joe

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
I’m looking at getting this phone as well for AT&T. I’m in the Bay Area and in my area, LTE Bands 2 and 17 are the common ones. The U11 Plus has no support for LTE Band 2, but I read in another post that the some people were getting bands that weren’t officially listed on HTC website for the U11. Can you provide some info as to whether you are getting LTE band 2 or whatever LTE band you are currently getting in your area? Thanks!

I'm not getting any band 2 and 30 (which is unlisted and my most used ones). I took a gamble and so far I have been consistently connected to band 17.

Mo4SHo

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Thanks! I’m like 50/50 on whether I get this phone. It’s either this or the Galaxy S8+. This would be my first android phone.

Billy Bob Jimmy Joe

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Little off topic but how's the screen? Easy to see in daylight and do you yearn for an AMOLED panel?

The display looks great (probably not Samsung great) but it's definitely a big improvement over the Pixel 1. I no longer have to use a third-party app to dim the screen at night and can see quite well outdoors. With the Pixel I had to find shade to see the display. I had burn-in on the Pixel's AMOLED. I definitely won't miss that.

Billy Bob Jimmy Joe

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Thanks! I’m like 50/50 on whether I get this phone. It’s either this or the Galaxy S8+. This would be my first android phone.

It depends where you're at. If you're from the States and on AT&T, I'll say go for it. I'm not so sure about TMobile since it has less supporting bands. I, personally, will choose this over the S8+ (had bad laggy experience with multiple devices). But it is a bit of a gamble buying a phone from overseas with no warranty.

anon(5506951)

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
It depends where you're at. If you're from the States and on AT&T, I'll say go for it. I'm not so sure about TMobile since it has less supporting bands. I, personally, will choose this over the S8+ (had bad laggy experience with multiple devices). But it is a bit of a gamble buying a phone from overseas with no warranty.

I'm on T-Mobile band 4, which is supported by the phone, but I have some questions. How's the battery life on your phone? According to GSMArena, it's not not great, despite its capacity. Considering the fact that it also has an LCD panel, all pixels light up, which drains the battery more so than AMOLED. Are you able to achieve a good amount of screen time?

Also, with regards to the screen, are you able to view it in direct sunlight at full brightness? I'm not expecting Samsung level visibility, but I hope I wouldn't have to squint or use my hand to shield glare?

Finally, how's the audio quality, both with and without a headset? I listen to my music on GPM often, so I like HTC's BoomSound implementation. Is sound as full and rich as I remember hearing on other HTC phones in store?

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

Billy Bob Jimmy Joe

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
I'm on T-Mobile band 4, which is supported by the phone, but I have some questions. How's the battery life on your phone? According to GSMArena, it's not not great, despite its capacity. Considering the fact that it also has an LCD panel, all pixels light up, which drains the battery more so than AMOLED. Are you able to achieve a good amount of screen time?

Also, with regards to the screen, are you able to view it in direct sunlight at full brightness? I'm not expecting Samsung level visibility, but I hope I wouldn't have to squint or use my hand to shield glare?

Finally, how's the audio quality, both with and without a headset? I listen to my music on GPM often, so I like HTC's BoomSound implementation. Is sound as full and rich as I remember hearing on other HTC phones in store?

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

Battery life has been great so far. It's been 24hrs since I last charged it. I still have 55%. I've been browsing the web often, watching YouTube, and listening to music.

I can totally read the display well at outdoors on a sunny day. It's good enough but not great. If the sun shines directly on the display, all you see is a glare (just tested it out).

This is my first HTC phone so I can't compare, but the sound quality of the U11+ is top notch. The dual speakers get loud and very crisp. The USonic earbuds that comes with it sounds good but a little bit bass-heavy. There's a built-in software option that pops up when you plug it in so you can adjust it to your liking. According to HTC's website it uses "sonar-like technology to map your inner ear." I still prefer my Sony MDR XB90EX earbuds which sounds more crisp (but requires a dongle).

anon(5506951)

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
What case are you using? I can't find a rugged protective case for this phone anywhere. Lack of accessories is keeping me from really pulling the trigger on getting one.

Billy Bob Jimmy Joe

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
I'm using the hard shell case that came with the phone. To be honest, I'm totally fine with it. I usually don't use cases at all but the glass back is a fingerprint magnet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cosmojetz