Galaxy Note 8 Tempered glass screen protector

jadenerd

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Just chatted with a Verizon sales rep and he says that they have a tempered glass protector for the N8 that has full adhesive across the screen, not just on the edges. The advantage for me is that the experienced folks at the Verizon store will apply it and I don't have to stress out about getting it perfect. If this doesn't pan out I'll probably forgo the screen protection and use a flip case, although I'm also looking at the Whitestone protector.

bertsirkin

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
Just chatted with a Verizon sales rep and he says that they have a tempered glass protector for the N8 that has full adhesive across the screen, not just on the edges.

I wish I could believe that - but Verizon reps don't have a good track record about upcoming products.

jadenerd

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
I wish I could believe that - but Verizon reps don't have a good track record about upcoming products.

I agree except he said it is ready for shipping now. I repeatedly asked him about the full coverage adhesive and he kept confirming it. He's calling me back after Labor Day so I can have it before the 15th and still be in the 14 day return window.

bertsirkin

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
I agree except he said it is ready for shipping now. I repeatedly asked him about the full coverage adhesive and he kept confirming it. He's calling me back after Labor Day so I can have it before the 15th and still be in the 14 day return window.

Well, this is the Verizon screen protector:
https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...ay-protector-for-galaxy-note8/&token=FBgY5Lbr

The text indicates: "Once you release the glass on your phone, the silicone adhesive does all the work. No bubbles, no fuzz! Perfectly flat and pristine every time."

It's not clear if it's full adhesive or just edge.

jadenerd

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Doing some more research, it looks like the current Verizon screen protector is the same material and style that I bought and had Verizon apply to my N7. I returned to the store an hour later and told them to remove it and refund my money, which they grudgingly did. Maybe they've changed it but I'm not hopeful.

EMGSM

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
The zagg one for s8+ looks to have a tiny bit if adhesive along the edges. Keeps dirt out. I'm more worried about impact protection than scratches. Most cases for these curved glass phones don't protect enough from a face down impact.

The curved edge does make it challenging. For the Note 7 I tried 6 different brands.

durandetto

Trusted Member
Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
I'm just gonna stick with no screen protector and the Samsung care insurance. I finally gave up trying to find one for my s8+ after spending close to $100. The way I see it save your money and when the screen becomes unbearable just pay the $100 deductable and get a new one. I've been running my s8 for months without a screen protector and there are no noticible scratches yet. I am a mechanic in a rural area so my phone sees plenty of dirt.

kj11

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Its an expansive device.. going naked might not be cost effective in my opinion

Sure it's cost effective, it costs nothing. Ha.

Maybe I'm just more careful with my expensive devices than the average person, my Note 5 has been naked since day one and it's perfect. Been the same with every phone before this one as well.

EMGSM

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
I'm just gonna stick with no screen protector and the Samsung care insurance. I finally gave up trying to find one for my s8+ after spending close to $100. The way I see it save your money and when the screen becomes unbearable just pay the $100 deductable and get a new one. I've been running my s8 for months without a screen protector and there are no noticible scratches yet. I am a mechanic in a rural area so my phone sees plenty of dirt.

I've been running the S8 for about a month with out a screen protector & just the other day I found a scratch. Don't know where it came from. I might protect the Note for a bit then we'll see. It's so smooth without a screen protector though.

rumbikrobo

Dec 13, 2015
Visit site
Sure it's cost effective, it costs nothing. Ha.

Maybe I'm just more careful with my expensive devices than the average person, my Note 5 has been naked since day one and it's perfect. Been the same with every phone before this one as well.

lol :)
I'll be getting a screen protector but I do get your point. I guess I'm not that careful with my device.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
manujws00