Galaxy S4 Active Update

deborah3756

Nov 20, 2011
Visit site
Anyone receive the kitkat update yet? I'm hoping this update fixes the wi-fi, signal and call quality issues. Any inputs?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using AC Forums mobile app

Last edited by a moderator:

hpmini2009

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
Anyone receive the kitkat update yet? I'm hoping this update fixes the wi-fi, signal and call quality issues. Any inputsajo?

I had to do a factory reset after doing AT&T update for my Samsung Galaxy S4 b/c I had no phone or text messaging functions working after spending 90 minutes installing update that had major issues according to tech at AT&T. Tech informed me the update works on some Samsung devices and messes up others!!!!!:(. AT&T suggested I go to a store other than theirs to get my phone fixed. Why should I have to pay BestBuy tech to fix my phone!!!!!:-! Google again puts their bloatware onto the update. Suggestion don't update to 4.4.2 sent from AT&T a month ago!!!!! I still can't get my text messages to notify onscreen or tone. Will only notify by vibration and I have checked every setting in Applications. The only good thing that came out of resetting by to factory and 4.2 update, I now have apps that don't decide to run in background and saves me on recharging battery

Any ideas of ridding phone of KNOX Manager and KNOX services? Causing some issues with bluetooth setup in Prius while using Pandora.
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using AC Forums mobile app

Technosticrati

Nov 28, 2011
Visit site
I got nothing. I'm assuming that this is normal due to the millions of phones out there and not due to this being an S4 Active issue in particular.

Edit: apparently the update isn't available yet for the Active due to software differences.

Posted via Android Central App

Last edited:

troshs

Trusted Member
Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
At&t always drips the Active update separate because it needs to be a different configuration. It took them so long last time (or so I heard) because they couldn't get it stable on the Active. There is an Active in our house and never any idea when updates will show up cause AT&T doesn't seem to know either, or care for that matter. It pisses me off so much, if they are going to release a phone, they need to support it just as much and as often as they support the ever important iPhone or even the regular S4. Carriers give in so much to mainstream BS. It's just like high school all over again...If you're not everyone's favorite, you don't get attention....ugh.

prolongExistence

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
At&t always drips the Active update separate because it needs to be a different configuration. It took them so long last time (or so I heard) because they couldn't get it stable on the Active. There is an Active in our house and never any idea when updates will show up cause AT&T doesn't seem to know either, or care for that matter. It pisses me off so much, if they are going to release a phone, they need to support it just as much and as often as they support the ever important iPhone or even the regular S4. Carriers give in so much to mainstream BS. It's just like high school all over again...If you're not everyone's favorite, you don't get attention....ugh.

It is my understanding that the only diffence between the S4 and the S4 Active is the camera. So, other than a few slight changes to the camera app, what configuration changes do they have to figure out? Oh yea, and the 2 little pop ups that remind you how to keep it watertight.

WBSnow

Jan 13, 2014
Visit site
When I didn't receive the first update from AT&T, I went into the local BestBuy store where there was a Samsung Rep (who worked FOR SAMSUNG) and took care of me.

He updated me to v4.3 and am thinking of doing the same (seeing if anyone is there to update me to v4.4.2).

I'd love to be a Beta Tester for Samsung!

troshs

Trusted Member
Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
We tried that too but our rep said the Active wasn't compatible with his software.

Technosticrati

Nov 28, 2011
Visit site
I have the 4.4 on my G 8.4 tablet and I dont see the difference between 4.3 and 4.4

It's not really changes in the UI that make up the difference. It's supposed to be things like better battery life and minor software tweaks like Google Photos Auto Awesome.