Galaxy S7 Active - Screen Cracked - No Impact! In my pocket!

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
I'm brand new at this too and after reading the last post I decided to reach out. The first thing I saw it was on the front of my screen which also appeared to be a hair it turned out to be a crack on my S7 Edge from one side to the other. The phone was not dropped and I have no understanding of why this happened. Then yesterday I turned my phone over and looked at the back of my screen which I often do because I put my phone down face down and noticed there's a giant crack from one corner to the other and spider-like cracks Fanning out from it on the back of the phone. What the heck is going on is anybody else having this problem and what recourse do we have? The insurance is $200 but of course I have to turn in my phone and get someone else's refurbished phone and start all over and I never drop my phone. Does anybody have any advice. This is so unfair there's obviously something wrong with the design that this is happening almost identical to the Post I'm applying to which I realized is quite old but maybe someone else is having this problem. Very frustrating I couldn't be more careful with this thing it's brand new. 304 months old

I hope that's supposed to be "3 or 4 months old" and not 25.3 years old!!! Or maybe just sarcasm?

Mine is about 6 months old, I'm not at all that careful with it. I have it in a iBlasson Unicorn Beetle Hybrid case with a Zagg tempered glass screen protector. Not a scratch, chip or crack... (as I profusely knock on wood!) I've dropped it a few times in doors but never on concrete or blacktop. For what it's worth!

Last edited:

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
View attachment 250236I bought a Galaxy S7 edge 2 months ago, but yesterday my phone screen was shattered due to it slipped from my hand, it is the third phone that is broken because of my carelessness and it really broke my heart cause it costs much money to change the screen. Now I want to buy a new handset but not a curved display handset anymore because it’s too fragile for me.. I think a rugged phone is better for me.
So I’d like to ask if you guys have any recommendation about a rugged handset?
Sorry to hear Santiago, as for me, this Galaxy S7 Active is a very rugged handset. I have dropped it several times but always in the house, never on pavement. I have no scratches or cracks. As I stated in a previous post, I also have it in a iBlasson Unicorn Beetle Hybrid case with a Zagg tempered glass screen protector. The bad part is, the handset, although made by Samsung, is only available from AT&T, the US Carrier. I am not sure if all that I have just said is now of any help as it sounds as though you may not be in the US? I hope this helps?

Last edited:

anon(1733)

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
View attachment 250236I bought a Galaxy S7 edge 2 months ago, but yesterday my phone screen was shattered due to it slipped from my hand, it is the third phone that is broken because of my carelessness and it really broke my heart cause it costs much money to change the screen. Now I want to buy a new handset but not a curved display handset anymore because it’s too fragile for me.. I think a rugged phone is better for me.
So I’d like to ask if you guys have any recommendation about a rugged handset?
You could look at the Kyocera Duraforce pro. It's rugged as can be. Has wireless charging. Downside is the processor isn't as fast. Camera isn't as good updates may not be as fast either. But I left my S7 edge and Pixel for it. I haven't regretted it yet.

However if you like Samsung and if you are on Att you would most likely like the Active.

jlczl

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
I too have dropped my S7 active several times but I happened to have dropped it on pavement a couple of times. My S7 active is protected by a unicorn supcase and a glass screen protector and so far is pristine despite the fact that it has been dropped. I cannot think of a better, more rugged high-end phone than the S7 active.

Chrisayla707

Jan 26, 2017
Visit site
You know I'm in the exact situation as you I was working and I pulled out my phone out of my pocket and it was cracked from the application button up and I didn't really care until I put it back in my pocket and the next day I looked at the phone again by pulling it out of my pocket and it was shattered from the top now and now it has it a huge shatter that makes it very difficult to see the screen

Astroscuba

Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
My screen is cracked vertically from the center button up. Had the hard protective case installed at AT&T and the glass screen protector by them too. What I find interesting is that the crack is NOT in the upper glass protective screen. Have NEVER out of 5 phones cracked a screen before. With phone being sealed, is a replacement screen available? Have replaced hard AT&T case with unit that covers screen .

OJsakila

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
My screen is cracked vertically from the center button up. Had the hard protective case installed at AT&T and the glass screen protector by them too. What I find interesting is that the crack is NOT in the upper glass protective screen. Have NEVER out of 5 phones cracked a screen before. With phone being sealed, is a replacement screen available? Have replaced hard AT&T case with unit that covers screen .

When did u rget your phone? Just wondering..
I have a case and glass protector, also. My phone was purchased late last month. Build date is mid September

BigCountry216

May 5, 2017
Visit site
Same problem here. Phone in back pocket and the button of my pants shattered my screen. AT&T wants to replace the phone with a refurbished phone. I didn't buy a refurbished phone so I'm not paying for one for the next 2 years. No reply from Samsung yet.

Attachments

• IMG_2394.jpg
    IMG_2394.jpg
    247.5 KB · Views: 8

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Same problem here. Phone in back pocket and the button of my pants shattered my screen. AT&T wants to replace the phone with a refurbished phone. I didn't buy a refurbished phone so I'm not paying for one for the next 2 years. No reply from Samsung yet.

Yeah, you may have to be without it for a while if Samsung agrees to fix it but I still think that's what I would do. Who knows what you're getting when AT&T gives you a refurb? Good luck with Samsung - I hope they come through for you!!!

BTW, I can't believe how deep it looks like the pocket button drove into the screen! Must be a hollow area right under where it popped with nothing to support the display...

mwweis

Apr 10, 2016
Visit site
Manufacturers only replace products based on a manufacturing defects. You admitted you broke it when you sat on it. That's why you purchase insurance. If you crash your new car, does Ford or GM care? Does the dealer who sold it to you?

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
A lot of folks had problems with their S7 Actives. Breaking in their pockets, getting water damaged, etc

I'm going to have to stand my ground! I know the very early S7 Actives had water issues but Samsung resolved that and from, I think, July of 2016 on, they were fixed! As for broken screens - I have dropped my phone, I have to say (knocking on wood as I type) probably five or six times dramatically, where I thought for sure I was done for. I picked up the phone and no chips, dents, scratches... I am totally thrilled with this phone and unless the Galaxy Note 8 totally impresses me, I'll have an S8 Active by mid-September! I already love what I've seen but the S7 was just holding me over from when Samsung took away my Note 7!

UPDATE: December 5, 2017 - Just read my post - I did buy the Note 8 and my S7 Active is my Backup phone now. Still love it but missed the S-Pen too much... that's it!

Last edited:

mslezak

Dec 2, 2017
Visit site
If it makes you feel any better (likely won't), my wife dropped the S7 I bought her 1 time, it had a case (no screen protector). The entire front screen was spiderwebbed. I paid $92 to replace the glass. Wasn't perfect but much better. I left the phone in my pocket for about a day and already saw scratches (no keys were in the pocket either). Immediately got a screen protector. They told me at the repair shop the Gorilla glass is so paper thin on Samsung phones they are an accident waiting to happen. The phone is great in terms of Samsung Pay working on basically any credit card machine anywhere around the world. The camera is beautiful. The software sucks compared to other devices (HTC G4 Play an "inferior" hardware base) I've put custom roms on in terms of lag, even the U firmware I'm using as I type this (no bloat, on a Verizon MVNO). The game performance is spectacular. BUT Samsung keeps using these all glass extended covers that break with minimal force. It's really sad. Make a metal back version with a protected screen and maybe I'll try Samsung in the future. Looking now at the basic HTC U11 that is faster and less problematic since even though it isn't as popular, HTC phones are very solid in my experience. What good is a beautiful phone when it breaks with standard use? Anyhow...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abdul Ali