Gave my daughter the One and got me an S4

madlaw1071

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Only had it 2 hours so initial impressions are limited:

1. Screen alone is worth the upgrade over the S3. It's bigger, brighter, crisper and more colorful.
2. No lag yet and lots of apps updating/dowloading in the background.
3. FASTer than the S3 by a lot.
4. Waking the screen with a gesture to reveal notifications works, and it's cool
5. 4.2.2 rocks
6. Whoever says this thing isn't premium is smoking something. Compared to the S3 the S4 is tighter, more substantial and the metal band and swtichgear are a HUGE upgrade. Is it aluminum? No but I'm not afraid of scratching or dinging it either.

More to follow.

Drov

Jul 16, 2012
Visit site

1. Screen alone is worth the upgrade over the S3. It's bigger, brighter, crisper and more colorful.
4. Waking the screen with a gesture to reveal notifications works, and it's cool
5. 4.2.2 rocks
6. Whoever says this thing isn't premium is smoking something. Compared to the S3 the S4 is tighter, more substantial and the metal band and swtichgear are a HUGE upgrade. Is it aluminum? No but I'm not afraid of scratching or dinging it either.

More to follow.

Hearing about issues with lag had me a little bit worried. I am waiting until Verizon gets the S4 and will make my final decision at that time. Until then though I was hoping to get some more actual user opinions of the phone. It is fact that the phone is plastic and that doesn't bother me so I am getting sick of reading about that. Thanks for the info so far and I am looking forward to reading more about actual use.

20blks

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
Hearing about issues with lag had me a little bit worried. I am waiting until Verizon gets the S4 and will make my final decision at that time. Until then though I was hoping to get some more actual user opinions of the phone. It is fact that the phone is plastic and that doesn't bother me so I am getting sick of reading about that. Thanks for the info so far and I am looking forward to reading more about actual use.

What exactly would you like to know? What phone would you be upgrading from?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Android Central Forums

Drov

Jul 16, 2012
Visit site
What exactly would you like to know? What phone would you be upgrading from?

I am just curious about the overall experience and use of new features. I have owned a GS3 and currently have a Note 2 so I am familiar with Touchwiz and a lot of the features. I was also a little worried about the lag claims. One feature in particular I would like to know more about is S-Health and how useful/accurate it actually is.

Eric Kane

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
And having the full screen instead of missing a portion with the black bar menu button is just...so nice.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4

eyecon82

May 26, 2010
Visit site

5. 4.2.2 rocks

More to follow.

#2. I have a good amount of lag
#6. The metal band around the phone is actually plastic made to look like metal....it's probably a good thing since metal would interfere with the radio

I also wanted to add on that the WiFi signal is a lot stronger when compared to the SGS3. I couldn't get WiFi in my driveway with the SGS3. I can get WiFi with the sgs4 easily almost in the street, which is about 50 feet further than sgs3 could

it honestly feels just like the SGS3 to me. The screen is definetly better though.

I do have lag...I hope a quick update will fix that....the SGS3 did too when it first came out and was later fixed with updates

FitMomXtine

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
Im not experiencing any lag whatsoever. Really enjoying this phone compared to my iPhone 4s

maverick96

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Im not experiencing any lag whatsoever. Really enjoying this phone compared to my iPhone 4s

That's weird. I get lag. Maybe I just notice it mire because the HTC is so damn fast and smooth

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

Amao

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
Still lost on people thinking the One is faster. Had both; S4 is quicker.

Huh...All the reviewers had defective models of S4 then. I haven't got mine yet but at least my firend's S4 for has lag. Haven't seen One yet so hard to compare. I'll start using S4 as my work phone and one as my personal phone next week so I will be doing lots of side by side comparisons to if the reviewers were quilty of lying to the public huh...

maverick96

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Huh...All the reviewers had defective models of S4 then. I haven't got mine yet but at least my firend's S4 for has lag. Haven't seen One yet so hard to compare. I'll start using S4 as my work phone and one as my personal phone next week so I will be doing lots of side by side comparisons to if the reviewers were quilty of lying to the public huh...

I own both. HTC is smoother and faster. There is stutter and lag with the GS4. It really shows itself in messaging.

Eric Kane

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
I own both. HTC is smoother and faster. There is stutter and lag with the GS4. It really shows itself in messaging.

If you're having issues with that, turn off window/animation/transition scale in dev settings. And as far as reviewers being biased towards a device and saying things that are incorrect? Oh say it ain't so...

ddot196

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
I went into AT&T earlier and got to look at both devices next to each other. I have to say the s4 is a lot more comfortable to hold. Just felt better in my hands, even though it has a bigger screen. Go figure lol.

FrostyGTA

May 30, 2011
Visit site
The S4 is a definite upgrade but maybe I set the bar too high. The phone feels like a piece of junk(I know I know, it's not)...the HTC One by far feels like a better quality phone(just my opinion). I have zero lag on my S4..I'm liking it but it hasn't really blown me away yet...but then again it's just a cell phone.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
justinedwards