Gave my daughter the One and got me an S4

warpdrive

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
Wow thats pretty dumb

What's worse is you won't hear reviewers speak about the short comings when it comes to the One...

This year I feel it has been the hardest to know the truth about phones and their weaknesses as their has been a huge bias in the phone media this year, the likes that I've never seen before.

Don't get me wrong, I think both phones are great, but I'm having a hard time getting the One.

This year is such a hard choice.

sent with my 2 year old HTC evo3d

rion_j

Mar 29, 2010
Visit site
I went into AT&T earlier and got to look at both devices next to each other. I have to say the s4 is a lot more comfortable to hold. Just felt better in my hands, even though it has a bigger screen. Go figure lol.

i came away with the exact same impression. i was expecting to like the feel of the One in hand better since it was metal, but not the case. the S4 for some reason, just feels better. the ergonomics of the device, the location of the power button and volume work really well for me. i tend to always hold phones in my left hand and prefer the feel of the S4. i like the One too, but the larger screen on the S4 just pops in comparison to the One imo. Only thing I'm not crazy about is touchwiz, but a different launcher fixes that issue pretty quickly.

patelkedar91

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
you dont get a flashing led for missing calls/sms and emails ??? (On the HTC One)
I think he meant to say it isn't able to be customized (the color of it). I tried doing it with my Evo3D -- unless HTC upped their notification light sensor thing I don't think it has changed.

To be fair, the GS4 has a very very dim notification light.

Ess_78201

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
I went into AT&T earlier and got to look at both devices next to each other. I have to say the s4 is a lot more comfortable to hold. Just felt better in my hands, even though it has a bigger screen. Go figure lol.

Yeah I have to agree in the comfort. They perfected it with the s2, and the s3 was a disappointment in that regards. I'm glad the S4 feels smooth now.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

Wilbur

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
I also wanted to add on that the WiFi signal is a lot stronger when compared to the SGS3. I couldn't get WiFi in my driveway with the SGS3. I can get WiFi with the sgs4 easily almost in the street, which is about 50 feet further than sgs3 could

31ay0YMJVVL._SY300_.jpg

Just a side note here on WiFi coverage. IF your router uses the little 3-inch long antennas replace it/them with the 7-inch 10dBi 2.4 GHz antennas. They greatly increase your range for less than $10. If you request it your cable provider might do it for you!

madlaw1071

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
UPDATE: after several hours some additional impressions

1. Still no sign of lag
2. Still get the OMG feeling from screen every time
3. Sound output thru my Bluetooth stereo headphones is phenomenal. Perhaps not as loud as the One but superior quality IMO. Like really good folks.
4. Camera and interface is significantly better than One.
5. I live in So. Fla. and today was bright sunny day. Had zero problems seeing screen even with shades on. This confirms several reviews that said Samsung really stepped up on this display.
6. Did I mention no lag yet?
7. Oh yeah the flipboard app with air preview absolutely crushes blink feed on One.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
flynempire