Gear VR Promotion Success/Failure Thread: please post whether you are successful ...

jgickler

Apr 12, 2016
Visit site
So I have been checking the status page multiple times each day. It just went from “Submission Approved. Preparing for Shipment. Shipping Date Estimate: 4/1/2016” to "Congratulations! Your submission has been approved and your gift has been processed and is currently in route". No tracking number, or tracking email and I can't do the FedEx manager due to it being delivered to a business account, but this sounds like a positive step. I still have not heard anything from the service guru, but at least something changed.

RockyMin

Feb 25, 2016
Visit site
Status finally changed on Samsung page. Submitted 3/11
Still no status from fed ex.

//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160413/8bcaa759e93c4352c4eebcaa8a44497e.jpgView attachment 224391

Edit: Talked to Prize logic and was told no shipping date is coming up. They told me in route doesn't mean as of right now. Within the 8 week waiting period I could get it at any tim. Smh. Pretty sure in route means it should be shipped.

Mine just changed to that too. I had checked earlier today and it was still pending. Nothing in delivery manager yet though.

mikeyt99

Apr 1, 2016
Visit site
My status finally changed today as well, it now says "Congratulations! Your submission has been approved and your gift has been processed and is currently in route" It says this on all three of mine, On my S2 it gives a tracking number (I received it last week) but their is no tracking number on the 2 VR's, prior to this the ship date was 4/1 for the VR's and 4/8 for the S2. So I wonder how long it will take from this "in route" status to actually get here. Fed-ex is not showing anything coming to me.

eddiechi

Mar 3, 2016
Visit site
My page on the Samsung site updated to this

Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

No email and nothing via FedEx or USPS though. Any else see something like this?

Looks like they changed everyones status to "enroute" probably to diminish the flurry of calls they receive daily..... mine says enroute for all of mine, even the one they delivered 2 weeks ago and it is the first time they have displayed a tracking number(albeit 2 weeks after the fact).....

just a fyi: every delivery that has been notated in the forum so far has shown shipped from Plainfield, Indiana for 2.3lbs(package was actually only 15.6oz) for the S2 from - Fedex "home delivery" which means no delivery on sunday or mondays.....

anyone who has received a notification from fedex delivery manager of "label created" the accompanied estimated delivery date does not mean anything until the unit has been picked up and is "In Transit", then the correct delivery date will be re-populated..... notifications of shipping label created started going out from fedex on March 30th although for some people it stayed static for over 2 weeks in some instances with an estimated delivery date of Apr 1 still displayed and no updates until it is "in transit".....

Note: I never received ANY notification from samsung pr VZW that mine was enroute or even delivered, never notified of any tracking number from them until today when it showed up under the "check status" page as "in route " although it was actually delivered 2 weeks ago..... so take whatever they display under "check status" with a grain of salt........s2 enroute.JPG

Last edited:

liquid228

Apr 12, 2016
Visit site
Seeing the same message "Congratulations! Your submission has been approved and your gift has been processed and is currently in route".

While It pleases me that something changed, I am afraid they are merely trying to shut us up. It is much easier to complain when you have an estimated ship date that has long come and gone in the status... I'll believe it when FedEx tells me it's on the way. The fact that everyone's status changed at once makes me think this was more of a tactic than anything else.

LanceAllan

Mar 5, 2016
Visit site
you are right on the money... unless they just found a couple hundred thousand s2's lying around they forgot about, my status even updated on the vr i already received.... i'll get excited when i see a tracking number

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
My second VR has shipped but this time, the status site lists no tracking number like it did the first time. This Gear VR was scheduled to be shipped on the 30th.

liquid228

Apr 12, 2016
Visit site
Every shred of evidence I have seen so far (and I get a little obsessive about things like this) points to precisely towards the theory that they mixed up the 4/18/2016 shipping batch and the 4/1/2016 batch. At this point almost every 4/18 person has received theirs or it is at least on route, and very few 4/1 people have had any movement.

If this is how it really happened I am sure they are being inundated with complaints, and so it was certainly in their best interest to just get the dates off the statuses.

CCCT

Apr 7, 2016
Visit site
I trust the Fedex system much more than I trust the Prizelogic status. I agree that Prizelogic is just trying to shut us up; while Fedex shows that I'm stuck on label creation.

"In route" probably really means that some guy put my order in a holding area, until they decide to hand it to the Fedex guy someday. If they feel like it.

oks10

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
My status is still shipping estimate pending, so perhaps in route means that there's actually movement on it. Maybe not necessarily shipping but it could be regarding the paperwork end of it. Who knows... This is prizelogic we're talking about and we've clearly seen how organized they've been on this... I FINALLY got a response to asking confirmation of what is showing for which devices are tied to my claims since I've had ZERO email correspondence throughout this and I do in fact have 2 gear S2's showing. I just have no idea when they'll actually get here.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dxter