Google Nexus 6 on Verizon

floroorida

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
Nexus 6 pre-register pages live on all major carriers but Verizon?

Glad to see Sprint, T-Mobile and At&t all have a pre-register pages live now to get information sent when available and Verizon seems to be the only one not too. Hope this is not a glimpse at whats to come.... On a lighter note, anyone staying up to constantly check for it to go live on play store? lol

nickacs

Mar 28, 2010
Visit site
Re: Verizon and pre-ordering on Wednesday

My family and I have bought three 2013 Moto X's directly from Motorola and we activated all three ourselves, without stepping inside a VZ store or calling a rep.

I don't see how a Nexus from the Google Play store will be any different.

I REALLY hope this is the case!!! :)

trunks527

Nov 12, 2011
Visit site
Re: Google Nexus 6 Verizon and pre-ordering on Wednesday

Just got done with talking to a Google rep. Verizon won't be supported right away but will be. Also he says carrier versions could have pre-installed apps. However he did say the play store version will work on every carrier unaltered and would be getting updates first. I asked about just flashing a stock play store image and he said he didn't see an issue on why we couldn't do that.<br/>

trunks527

Nov 12, 2011
Visit site
Re: Nexus 6 pre-register pages live on all major carriers but Verizon?

Just got done with talking to a Google rep. Verizon won't be supported right away but will be. Also he says carrier versions could have pre-installed apps. However he did say the play store version will work on every carrier unaltered and would be getting updates first. I asked about just flashing a stock play store image and he said he didn't see an issue on why we couldn't do that.<br/>

trunks527

Nov 12, 2011
Visit site
Re: For those looking to buy the nexus 6 for Verizon from Google Play :(

Just got done with talking to a Google rep. Verizon won't be supported right away but will be. Also he says carrier versions could have pre-installed apps. However he did say the play store version will work on every carrier unaltered and would be getting updates first. I asked about just flashing a stock play store image and he said he didn't see an issue on why we couldn't do that.

mchi5

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site

Thanks for the info. I'm leaving the note 4 for nexus 6 because tired of the pre-installed apps and Touchwiz. Gonna pre-order thru Google play store. Hopefully it'll go live early tomorrow

Sent from my new Note 4 via Tapatalk

trunks527

Nov 12, 2011
Visit site

Thanks for the info. I'm leaving the note 4 for nexus 6 because tired of the pre-installed apps and Touchwiz. Gonna pre-order thru Google play store. Hopefully it'll go live early tomorrow

No problem. I got tired of people freaking out so I decided to investigate myself. The Google rep was very informative.

maverick96

May 16, 2010
Visit site

No problem. I got tired of people freaking out so I decided to investigate myself. The Google rep was very informative.

Not right away means if you plan on using with Verizon at launch then forget it? Am I missing something?

Crispy

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site

Anyone want to guess Verizon details? I'm thinking launch date will be Dec 15 or later at the earliest, price $200 for 32GB, $250 for 64GB, and it will have different update schedules than Play Store version.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site

Anyone want to guess Verizon details? I'm thinking launch date will be Dec 15 or later at the earliest, price $200 for 32GB, $250 for 64GB, and it will have different update schedules than Play Store version.

Obviously we'll know more tomorrow, but my assumption is that Oct 29th nothing for Verizon will be known other than, "wait". November 7th is when I think preorders will start with availability for direct order and shipments beginning on November 17th.

Crispy

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site

I was hoping we'd have details by now, this is terrible planning by both Verizon and Google. I want to get it on contract with Verizon, keep my current plan, and thus save money, but only if their version isn't gimped by delays.

But now I'm not sure if we'll have month long delays in the Play store like previous years. So if I want to get this phone, I have to pre-order tomorrow to make sure I do, then possibly return it if and when Verizon announce their plans.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

I was hoping we'd have details by now, this is terrible planning by both Verizon and Google. I want to get it on contract with Verizon, keep my current plan, and thus save money, but only if their version isn't gimped by delays.

But now I'm not sure if we'll have month long delays in the Play store like previous years. So if I want to get this phone, I have to pre-order tomorrow to make sure I do, then possibly return it if and when Verizon announce their plans.

Verizon just started selling the Moto X, Moto 360, Z3v, iPhone, iPad, Note 4, and the DROID Turbo. I don't think they're in a rush to sell the Nexus 6.

Posted via Android Central App (Moto X)

mchi5

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site

Obviously we'll know more tomorrow, but my assumption is that Oct 29th nothing for Verizon will be known other than, "wait". November 7th is when I think preorders will start with availability for direct order and shipments beginning on November 17th.
So you're thinking if I pre-order off Google play store tomorrow, that it won't ship until Nov 7?

nickacs

Mar 28, 2010
Visit site

So you're thinking if I pre-order off Google play store tomorrow, that it won't ship until Nov 7?

what a joke that would be. WHY can't VZW be like the other 3 carriers and offer pre-orders tomorrow and ship/activate it in a week.
Ugggg..... for sure this is going to be with the N6/XZW :(

Last edited by a moderator:

Crispy

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site

Since there's only model for sale on the Play store, it doesn't (I think) matter which carrier you intend to use it on. Release date for L is Nov 3. Release date on TMobile is Nov 12. That's a 9 day window in which you can get the phone.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site

My assumption is that the Verizon specific orders won't be available from anywhere tomorrow - which would mean that you couldn't pre-order on contract- but I think (or hope) that it is all one SKU and if you pre-order tomorrow for an unlocked model that you'll be able to use it once V is up and running. The best case scenario is everything is ready to go tomorrow, worst case we have to wait for awhile before anything is usable on V - the reality is probably in between.

CarbonOak

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site

My assumption is that the Verizon specific orders won't be available from anywhere tomorrow - which would mean that you couldn't pre-order on contract- but I think (or hope) that it is all one SKU and if you pre-order tomorrow for an unlocked model that you'll be able to use it once V is up and running. The best case scenario is everything is ready to go tomorrow, worst case we have to wait for awhile before anything is usable on V - the reality is probably in between.

This is what I'm thinking, though hoping for the best case scenario. I'm okay with waiting a bit though if it comes to that; I don't urgently need a new phone.

Crispy

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
Is there a chance Verizon won't even have the Nexus 6 in 2014?

There were earlier rumors on this, but I thought it was a joke. Now I'm not so sure.

Google clearly has no clue about inventory management or selling, I expect shortages like with every Nexus so far. Verizo has plenty of new phones to push - Droid Turbo, Note 4, Z3v, they have zero reason to rush to sell the Nexus. Chats with Google reps already say that Verizon hasn't certified it yet.

I'm waiting for an official announcement from Verizon or Google.

trunks527

Nov 12, 2011
Visit site
Re: Is there a chance Verizon won't even have the Nexus 6 in 2014?

Google doesn't know. I heard today about next year for the Nexus 6. But that was from a store rep. Wouldn't take it seriously. I'd wait till the phone becomes official. The play store model is confirmed to work on verizon directly from Google.

Crispy

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
Re: Is there a chance Verizon won't even have the Nexus 6 in 2014?

Google doesn't know. I heard today about next year for the Nexus 6. But that was from a store rep. Wouldn't take it seriously. I'd wait till the phone becomes official. The play store model is confirmed to work on verizon directly from Google.

Since I'm not leaving Verizon, I'd rather save $450-500 and get the phone on contract. I guess I was stupid to expect this launch to go smoothly and have the phone.