Got my S7. Ask me questions!

Zendroid1

Trusted Member
Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
Have you tried out the personal hotstpot? Just curious if it has any trouble connecting. I've had issues with this on my past few phones.

ron561

Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
Whats your antutu score?

Posted via the Android Central App

I ran it earlier but no longer have the app...I think it was around 120k. Don't quote me on that.

Does HDR works during movie recording like in older galaxy S?

Based on the menu wording, HDR should work unless you're recording in 60FPS.

Have you tried out the personal hotstpot? Just curious if it has any trouble connecting. I've had issues with this on my past few phones.

No issues here

wxman2003

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
Does the S7 become carrier locked once installing the sim card? There have been articles written that it does become carrier locked.

ron561

Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
Does the S7 become carrier locked once installing the sim card? There have been articles written that it does become carrier locked.

How would I go about testing this?

Can you test cell reception dBm score between the S6 and S7 using this app

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...s?id=com.staircase3.opensignal&token=THBDfXiW

dreaming of electric sheep

Don't have the S6 on me right now. Not sure how accurate LTE Discovery app is, but both were around -90 dBm which translated to full bars when I checked earlier.

For those who are wondering, I believe the Cell Standby issues that plagued the S6 are fixed. No need to disable WiFi Calling and VoLTE

ron561

Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
Losing 8% over 6 hours night on WiFi doesn't look very good. Did you have always on display on?

I agree. I'm testing again tonight on LTE to see if it makes a difference. Always on display is off by default so I didn't have it on.

Put in a different carrier sim card. If on verizon, try an AT&T card.

Only have T-Mobile sims...If i can get a hold of someone elses i'll try.

Custnam

May 23, 2012
Visit site
Do fingerprints show up really bad on the back like the gold and silver? Can you post some pics of the back after its been touched a lot. I have a black S7 on the way and just want to get an idea for how bad it will smudge, and show fingerprints on the back. Thanks

ron561

Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
Do fingerprints show up really bad on the back like the gold and silver? Can you post some pics of the back after its been touched a lot. I have a black S7 on the way and just want to get an idea for how bad it will smudge, and show fingerprints on the back. Thanks

The fingerprints on the black one are noticeably visible at a certain angle in the light. Just looking straight at the phone, they aren't that bad.

Not good at all. When I was trying out a Nexus 6P I only lost 1-2% overnight in about a 8-9 period.

Last night I was only able to get 4% loss on LTE which is somehow better than my WiFi test. The biggest culprits overnight were Cell Standby and Messenger.

What is about phone speed ?

It's fine, but that's what most of us said about the S6. So I'm giving it sometime before I judge. The only real improvement is due to the extra RAM, multitasking has improved. The system itself still takes up almost 2 GB of RAM.

Jay Holm

Mar 20, 2013
Visit site
How is QC 3.0 compared to QC 2.0? Have you tried to see if it really charges from 0%-80% in 35 minutes and if so under what conditions, off, or screen dark?

ron561

Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
How is QC 3.0 compared to QC 2.0? Have you tried to see if it really charges from 0%-80% in 35 minutes and if so under what conditions, off, or screen dark?

I'm pretty sure I heard the S7 still uses 2.0...And based on my experience I think that is true. It seems to charge about the same rate as the S6. I put my phone on the charger yesterday at about 6% and it had only gotten to about 35%-40% in 30 minutes.
how is the wireless charging bro???

Haven't tested fast wireless charging. My old Qi charger still works fine.