GPS satellite constantly flashing

mofazfaz

Jun 27, 2011
Visit site
Just recently switched over to Droid and I'm trying to find out why the GPS satellite is constantly flashing. It didn't used to do that and I've tried killing a bunch of different apps as well as uninstalling some that I recently updated or installed. Could it be something in the settings keeping my GPS on? It's starting to really drain my battery. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

arran1

Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
It sounds most likely that your GPS is on in settings.

To turn off GPS, go to settings>location> and then click on the check boxes of the settings you want on, or off.

Hope I helped!

jharo

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
If you turned them all off, you won't be able to use any gps enabled apps, like google search, navigation, facebook check-in, etc. I would just get used to charging more often. Location based apps are extremely convenient.

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
There is also the Power Widget that will let you turn the Bluetooth, GPS, Wi Fi, Sync and ringer on an off at will. Very handy.

mofazfaz

Jun 27, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for all the help, since I got it recently I ended up just doing another factory reset. It seemed to fix the problem for now. It was constantly searching for my position while at work. Now it doesn't seem to be doing that. Thanks for your help

mofazfaz

Jun 27, 2011
Visit site
Just wanted to let some people know, I was able to pinpoint the app that kept running my GPS despite the fact I had closed the app. It was poynt, I had installed it since it was great on BB and it was doing well on this too. Randomly started to run my GPS again after the factory reset so got rid of it. Figured I would pass it on.