Head to Head Performance comparison of EVO LTE and SGS3

a22matic

May 10, 2012
Visit site
So let me guess, both of you didn't have an evo 3d did you? Yes the speaker on the og evo was great but the one on the evo 3d had to be one of the worst speakers ever on a smartphone. So yeah the speaker on the og evo is still better than the evo lte but at least the evo lte speaker is light years ahead of the evo 3d.

You are correct, I never owned the 3D. I hear the speaker was awful, so I didn't miss anything there. I've just been spoiled off the OG EVO's speaker. I would use that sucker to play just about anything, and never had issues hearing it.

Mercury81

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
I had the OG Evo and the speaker on the new Evo4GLTE is10X Better imo on phone conversation the speaker is much clearer and louder.

from Evo4GLTE on Android Central

a22matic

May 10, 2012
Visit site
AnnDroid asked about listening to a podcast, & I'f the EVO LTE speaker is as loud or louder than the OG EVO. I've not read one post that says the EVO LTE speaker is as loud or louder than the OG EVO. We're all entitled to our opinion...

Mofus

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I totally disagree. The speaker on my new EVO is louder, and has a fuller, richer sound. It's not as tinny sounding as my OG EVO.

a22matic

May 10, 2012
Visit site
I totally disagree. The speaker on my new EVO is louder, and has a fuller, richer sound. It's not as tinny sounding as my OG EVO.

I still have my OG EVO, & when I first got the LTE I did a by side test. Same songs on two different phones. The OG EVO's speaker drowned out the LTE's speaker. It wasn't a comparison... Same with streaming also... There are numerous threads on the web (Sprint forum, XDA, ECT.) about the comparison, and they're easy to find.

Mercury81

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
I still have my OG EVO, & when I first got the LTE I did a by side test. Same songs on two different phones. The OG EVO's speaker drowned out the LTE's speaker. It wasn't a comparison... Same with streaming also... There are numerous threads on the web (Sprint forum, XDA, ECT.) about the comparison, and they're easy to find.

I'm just giving my personal experience from when using the phone speaker . I could barely hear people before with my OG Evo and now it's wonderful to not have to even struggle with the hearing of who ever I speak to on my Evo4GLTE .

a22matic

May 10, 2012
Visit site
I'm just giving my personal experience from when using the phone speaker . I could barely hear people before with my OG Evo and now it's wonderful to not have to even struggle with the hearing of who ever I speak to on my Evo4GLTE .

Sure, np. There is no right or wrong answer here. We all give our opinions based on our experiences.

ibleedbloo

Feb 28, 2012
Visit site
What happens? I listen to podcasts almost all day long and have the og EVO. Right now, when my call has ended, it simply goes back to playing the podcast.
Also, do you ever list to podcast using the speaker? If so, is the EVO LTE as loud or louder than the og EVO?

My experience is with the Pocket Casts podcast app. I will be listening to a podcast usually via a headphones plugged in to the 3.5mm jack or via my car speakers also via headphone jack. When I receive a call the podcast will pause as it should. However about half the time the podcast will not automatically resume after the phone call is ended. To resume I have to physically pick up my phone, unlock it, then navigate to the app and push play again...Very frustrating.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

MDteX

May 14, 2010
Visit site
I still have my OG EVO too. It is way better than the EVO LTE speaker. I could not use the EVO LTE speaker for a conference call yesterday. I had to put in earbuds.

Just another small thing I will miss from the awesome original EVO.

MDteX

May 14, 2010
Visit site
As for the comparison of the EVO LTE and the Sammy S3 here is a quote from Wired.

" the S III isn't quite an iPhone killer, nor does it dethrone the One X as the best Android handset. While it's a fine smartphone, it's not the unqualified success it aspires to be, and it's regrettably held back by software that never works as well or as easily as it should."

While they say it is a really top notch phone they prefer the HTC over the Sammy. Of course everyone will have their own point of view. Basically both are good and will have pros and cons. Its up to the individual to decide which pro or con pushes them one way or the other.

kbp08tls

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
As for the comparison of the EVO LTE and the Sammy S3 here is a quote from Wired.

" the S III isn't quite an iPhone killer, nor does it dethrone the One X as the best Android handset. While it's a fine smartphone, it's not the unqualified success it aspires to be, and it's regrettably held back by software that never works as well or as easily as it should."

While they say it is a really top notch phone they prefer the HTC over the Sammy. Of course everyone will have their own point of view. Basically both are good and will have pros and cons. Its up to the individual to decide which pro or con pushes them one way or the other.

I think at this point we're talking about the difference between a ferrari and a lamborghini. Who wins? The consumer, and Android as a whole.

"... isn't quite an iPhone killer. " Say what?? By what criteria? All I know is that the EVO squashes the iPhone in every way possible, it's not even close. Between the S3 and the HTC One line, nobody ever has to say "yeah but... " in comparison to the iPhone.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

Reactions: cloak.n.dagger

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site
Sure, np. There is no right or wrong answer here. We all give our opinions based on our experiences.

Sometimes there are wrong answers when people supply answers NOT based on experience. Or draw broad conclusions based on a sample experience of one. :) Just saying...

mazzmoney95

Sep 10, 2011
Visit site
Thank you. This makes me a bit more content with baing an EVO owner. I really want someone on this site to do an actual side by side review of the 2 phones on the same network. I just want to see what all this talk is about the bad Samsung radios at work.

541rrhse

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
Pictures: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=79312161&utm_source

Samsung Galaxy S III is hot: bursts into flames and melts through its own casing -- Engadget

dillo2k10 said:
So I driving along today with my Galaxy S3 in my car mount when suddenly a white flame, sparks and a bang came out of the phone.

I pulled in to look at my phone, the phone burned from the inside out. Burned through the plastic and melted my case to my phone. The phone kept working but without any signal.

I brought it to the carphone warehouse and they told me that they couldnt replace it for me that they had to send it off to be checked out first. No even replacement phone, left with nothing.

The phone was destroyed and it slightly burned a piece of plastic on the inside of my car.

And they are refusing to give me a replacement they had to send it off. Probably nothing I can do, but Im really annoyed. That could have burned the side of my face or through my pocket and my leg, or set fire to my bed. Its very dangerous.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WydeAwake