Hidden Tethering for TMobile?

GoliathIAm

May 25, 2015
Visit site
I have an unlimited plan with TM w/o throttle because my sister works for them and gave me her plan. I was using PDANet on my jail broken iPhone. But I just got the M9 and need my tethering back. I can't add tethering to the plan because then they'll throttle me. Anyone have any ideas? I tried FoxFi and it's not working. I get met with a T-Mobile splash page to upgrade to tethering.

anon(9057135)

Oct 21, 2014
Visit site
I have an unlimited plan with TM w/o throttle because my sister works for them and gave me her plan. I was using PDANet on my jail broken iPhone. But I just got the M9 and need my tethering back. I can't add tethering to the plan because then they'll throttle me. Anyone have any ideas? I tried FoxFi and it's not working. I get met with a T-Mobile splash page to upgrade to tethering.

HTC will allow you with Bootloader.

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
They have pretty much patched the holes.. Plus its against ther TOS and because its your sisters plan and she works for them best to not get your sister in trouble.

GoliathIAm

May 25, 2015
Visit site
I need tethering for work. She knows I'm doing it. Without tethering I have to take a bus to the nearest Starbucks or McDonalds. The only reason I can't tether now is because I run out of the included 5GB of tethering in a few days. I only need to hide it to bypass the 5GB cap. I've been doing it for months on my iPhone. I easily reach 80-100GB of use a month. With or without tethering. So any direction would be great. I haven't rooted my device but I'm not against it if it's necessary to hide tethering usage.

Posted via the Android Central App

mfreeland

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
I need tethering for work. She knows I'm doing it. Without tethering I have to take a bus to the nearest Starbucks or McDonalds. The only reason I can't tether now is because I run out of the included 5GB of tethering in a few days. I only need to hide it to bypass the 5GB cap. I've been doing it for months on my iPhone. I easily reach 80-100GB of use a month. With or without tethering. So any direction would be great. I haven't rooted my device but I'm not against it if it's necessary to hide tethering usage.

Posted via the Android Central App
Wow, thats a LOT of data! You can usb tether (faster than wifi) with PDANet. I use it, when I need to tether and it works well. You should be able to root and use one of the ROM apps for it. Be careful not to use the T Mobile app! Just curious: If you use 80 gb a month over and over again, have you ever had T Mobile question your heavy usage? That's a crazy amount , even for an unlimited plan.