How did you layout your UI?

untarded#AC

May 21, 2010
Visit site
Here is my layout for now:

ScreensCapture.png

Love the wallpaper. Where did you get it?

MikeBinOK

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
th_snap20100619_175602-1.png
th_snap20100619_175540-1.png
th_snap20100619_175532.png
th_snap20100620_002622.png
th_snap20100619_175516.png
th_snap20100619_175727.png
th_snap20100619_175524-1.png

My center screen is stuff that I use a lot and want quick access to--Time and weather display, foxyring silencer widget (wonderful widget to temporarily silence the phone!), Evernote, voicemail, HTC News widget, Astrid Tasks.

To the immediate right of the center page is my settings page, with the Android Power Control bar at top, and several settings widgets below. I have some overlap between these because the Power Control Bar has buttons to control refreshing and brightness that aren't duplicated in the settings widgets, but I like the up/down switch nature of the settings widgets. These take up the upper half of screen, below that are miscellaneous stuff I use moderately often but don't need instant access to, especially the two navigation/map applications, messaging, and email.

To the right of that, a full screen is taken up with bookmarks for favorite web pages.

At far right is my tools/utility page. Since I'm new to Android, I haven't used 2/3 of these, but I expect things like flashlight, photography utility, scientific calculator, to come in handy. And I just love the tricorder app, even though it isn't useful, strictly speaking!

Just to the left of the center screen. is my daily agenda, listing out calendar items for the next day or two. It takes up the whole page.

To the left of that is my entertainment page, with the MP3 player, link to video player, tv.com, Sprint TV, and link to "Daily Strip".

We get more optional and fun stuff at the far left, the whole page is filled with the HTC "Today in History" widget. Fun stuff for history geeks!

By setting it up this way, most important and quick access stuff is accessible immediately, and other important stuff is just to the left and right of the center page. Optional or less time critical stuff is at far left and far right, where they take the most time to access.

CansFan

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Where can i get those clock widgets that have clear backgrounds? I like to show more of my wallpaper...I know a previous poster mentioned he paid for his but just wanted to check if there were any free alternatives.

ElCartelDR

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
I'm not quite done organizing, but basically it goes as follows

Screen 3 (Main home)
Clock/weather, email, map/nav, voice dial and keyboard settings
4708993885_6e9b41e5d0_b.jpg

All screens have phone, people, messaging and browser(Dolphin HD) on the dock.

How did you get your dock like that?

Raf

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I'm not quite done organizing, but basically it goes as follows

Screen 1
Settings & service toggles.
4708993437_a8b8b7e5e1_b.jpg

Screen 2
Miscellaneous utilities
4708993671_cd589a4f71_b.jpg

Screen 3 (Main home)
Clock/weather, email, map/nav, voice dial and keyboard settings
4708993885_6e9b41e5d0_b.jpg

Screen 4
Multimedia, camera/camcorder, messaging, social networking
4709634946_9d4b741db5_b.jpg

Screen 5
In progress

All screens have phone, people, messaging and browser(Dolphin HD) on the dock.

Is your phone rooted?

Blubble#AC

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Hi guys,

I hadn't seen your questions earlier.

First, the phone isn't rooted. That's one thing I am loving about Android. You can tweak the hell out of your phone without having to root.

The dock is set up with LauncherPro. That replaces Sense UI's default home/launcher. It lets you add whatever shortcuts you want to the dock. You can also swipe the dock to the left to reveal up to two more sets of shortcuts.

LauncherPro also lets you use your home screens in landscape. That was the main reason for me to remove the Sense UI home/launcher. Unfortunately, you can't use the HTC widgets without Sense, but it was worth the trade off for me.

The battery widget on the 1st panel is a standard Android shortcut.

Tap and hold on home screen and select Shortcuts/Settings/Battery Use.

Blubble#AC

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
No. It's free in the market. So is ADW.Launcher. It is similar to LauncherPro, but has some different options.

If you're going to be experimenting with launchers, I'd recommend you also download Home Switcher(free). It lets you quickly switch between different launchers without having to go digging through the app settings.

Raf

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Cool.

Question about using a different Launcher......does it delete your configurations on Sense, specifically your custom "Scene" layout, when switching to Launcher Pro?

dfine1966

Apr 16, 2010
Visit site
Hi guys,

I hadn't seen your questions earlier.

First, the phone isn't rooted. That's one thing I am loving about Android. You can tweak the hell out of your phone without having to root.

The dock is set up with LauncherPro. That replaces Sense UI's default home/launcher. It lets you add whatever shortcuts you want to the dock. You can also swipe the dock to the left to reveal up to two more sets of shortcuts.

LauncherPro also lets you use your home screens in landscape. That was the main reason for me to remove the Sense UI home/launcher. Unfortunately, you can't use the HTC widgets without Sense, but it was worth the trade off for me.

The battery widget on the 1st panel is a standard Android shortcut.

Tap and hold on home screen and select Shortcuts/Settings/Battery Use.

When I put the battery widget up, I don't get the number remaining showing. It just say Battery Use. How did you get it to show number remaining (61%)?

Blubble#AC

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
No. That's the cool part. Your configuration for each launcher stays intact as you switch between them.

Your Sense layout won't transfer to LauncherPro, but when you switch back, everything should be exactly as you left it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Katiebaby3110