How do YOU carry your EVO?

Lupevalenz#AC

Jan 17, 2010
Visit site
I'm so glad I don't care what others think of me lol I guess I'm all around douche for having a holster case (For Pre, not Evo, that thing too heavy to have on belt :O) and bluetooth headset, but most don't know its bluetooth headset since it kinda sporty looking headphones :) Ohh Great Part of Bluetooth, you can talk to yourself and no one would notice :O err ok I guess TMI. Oh as for Evo, Innocase Active LE Burgundy, love the Treo 755P color return :)

Last edited:

Pure87

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
I keep mine either naked in the back pocket or in a leather pouch when I carry a purse. I'm waiting on an Otterbox commuter case so I can worry a little less about keeping the evo safe.

Rhoq

Jul 5, 2010
Visit site
IMO nothing says douche like holsters, pouches, clips, murses, etc. please do yourself a favor and just put the thing in your front pocket.

Don't feel comfortable putting it my pants pocket with keys or loose change. Originally, I had the body glove hard shell and kept it in my shirt pocket, and when it broke, I went naked. It slipped out of my pocket getting out of my car and hit the street. I got lucky - the damage was minimal (just nicked the top left corner of the phone). I bought a cheap (under $9, with shipping), vertical pleather case on eBay and keep it clipped on the inside of my pocket. I assure you, I'm not a douche. :cool:

Last edited:
Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
I'm a douche, as I prefer (and use) the holster, so I can access it when I need it.

I try to counterbalance my douchiness by not walking around with a bluetooth earpiece on, talking to thin air.

Verdes8891

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I'll never use a "holster" case. But where I live (retirement capital of the world), I need both hands on the wheel so I use a bluetooth earpiece.

Ha, where i live it is now illegal to drive and be on the phone everywhere. $100 ticket minimum. IMO, thats not worth it so u have a bluetooth.

Else wise, naked with screen protector

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

bnrbranding

May 31, 2010
Visit site
You guys put your Evo down?

Ok, I guess I do from time to time. Zagg skin on the back for the design (flames & company logo, makes the kids think I'm cool) naked screen. If I am forced to put the phone down for emergencies like giving CPR or hugging my kids, front pocket opposite my keys.

DarkAudit

Sep 28, 2010
Visit site
My work shirts have no pockets. I'm certainly not stuffing it in my pants pockets with my keys or change. So I unashamedly use the platinum case & holster.

Got a problem wit dat? ;)

seraphemz

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
I have to wear a shirt and tie to work, so i have it in my shirt pocket most of the time.

Outside of work, im usually in cargo shorts so it goes in one of those pockets... front of course.

DaveNagy

Aug 5, 2010
Visit site
On topic:

I won't get my Evo until Friday, but after that it will be going into my left front pocket, naked as the day it was born. (I wear either jeans or cargo shorts, almost exclusively.)

Slightly off topic:

I'm hatching a slightly crazy scheme that involves "modifying" that pocket in order to carry the Evo in a more comfy and discrete fashion. Basically, I want to try creating a special Evo-sized sub-pocket within my existing "stock" pocket. The sub-pocket would sized to fit the Evo, and would be positioned as high, and as "close to the family jewels" as possible within the existing pocket. This would, I think, have several advantages:
  1. The phone would stay high in the pocket for easy grabbing.
  2. I think the phone would be less noticible, to both myself and others, in that position. As opposed to the traditional spot down at the bottom of the pocket.
  3. The rest of the pocket will still be available for change, keys, etc.

As a proof-of-concept, I think I'll play around with that iron-on hemming tape, or whatever it's called. I'll just stick the front and back of my pocket together in such a way that it divides it into two areas. I guess you could do the same thing with safety pins. Once you've got the position figured out, you could go ahead and sew the perimeter of the new pocket.

A better solution would be to construct the phone-pocket separately, and then sew it into the real pocket. That would make it a lot easier to get at stuff down in the bottom of your "main" pocket. Then again, it would probably make it harder to "hit" the little pocket with the phone. Hmm.

Anyway, it's just a thought-experiment at this stage.

arachnoman1

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
....seidio plastic case, screen protecter and yes ....drum roll....a holster .... i cant stand crap in my front pockets and the EVO is kinda big so...yeah. what people think about how i like to carry my phone....like i care

Bigfame

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
Mine is naked as well. Front left pocket. I have the 3500mah battery on it (the Chinese knock-off, got it for $10 with shipping on E-Bay:) Works GREAT!!! The back that comes with the battery is actually pretty cool and not as bulgey as I thought it would be. It actually feels pretty nice. It's not that pertruding at all.

I.R.R.V.

May 29, 2010
Visit site
I'm thinking about getting the otterboxcase for mine. Has anyone used this?? And before the "cases are for douches" guy starts yapping, I'm a truckdriver so this thing is as much tool as toy, and as such I need a case that will protect it from as much as possible, including me...lol

pre1561

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
I carry mine in a belt case, gekko you are allowed your opinion but your remarks are uncalled for, my wife carry's her Gallaxy S in her pocket, I've got enough stuff to carry in my pocket and don't have room to carry my phone in my pocket. A pocket is not a place for a phone, especially a back pocket. My daughter has broke a couple of phones carrying it in her pocket. If you sweat at all then you stand a chance of water damage if the phone is in your pocket. Gekko I've never carried any of my phones in a pocket. I tell my wife the same thing I'll tell you it's a good way to break a phone, but if that's the way some people prefer to carry there phones they have a right to carry it that way just like I have a right to carry my phone the way I carry it and should not have to be considered any of your remarks. GROW UP.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danilechadwick