How do YOU carry your EVO?

aznmode

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Mine just has a back case cover to protect the back lens when I have her sitting on her back. Shes naked in the front though.

Paladin

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Given the size of the EVO, how are you carrying it? I have always been a snap-in holster kinda guy (blackberry's were smaller but still couldnt just shove it in my pocket). I use the platinum case from BB (the two piece one with the snap in holster) but it makes a big device much bigger....Is there a snap-in holster that's available that doesnt require a bulkier case? Surely, no one is just sticking this thing in their pocket, right?

Sticking it in your pocket is a good way to break it IMHO. I use the same case as you but I keep it in landscape orientation. It does not hang down that way and you cannot even see it with a shirt covering it. Also in that direction it does not get in the way when you sit down. I found this to be the best way after some experimentation.

IMO nothing says douche like holsters, pouches, clips, murses, etc. please do yourself a favor and just put the thing in your front pocket.

Nothing says douche bag like some idiot with a big bulge in his pocket when he could have simply used a case. i:)i

Seriously man just because you don't like something doesn't mean others are wrong for doing it that way. I would love to see someone call me a douchbag in person for carrying one, I am 6'4", 240 lbs. i:)i

Last edited:

delta7

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
I'm thinking about getting the otterboxcase for mine. Has anyone used this?? And before the "cases are for douches" guy starts yapping, I'm a truckdriver so this thing is as much tool as toy, and as such I need a case that will protect it from as much as possible, including me...lol

Otterbox is coming out with the Defender model so I'd wait for that since it includes a holster.

I have a Pre and I'm getting a Evo soon so I'm interested in this thread.

I prefer a holster rather than putting it in my pocket personally.

I.R.R.V.

May 29, 2010
Visit site
I am waiting for the Defender model, I thought it was out already. Been using the cases sold in the kiosk at the mall, but as a truckdriver my phone drops a good bit. So far the case has done the job and protect the phone, I'm tired of replacing the da mn things. I had a pre now I have the evo. I love it.

Pure87

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
Otterbox is coming out with the Defender model so I'd wait for that since it includes a holster.

I have a Pre and I'm getting a Evo soon so I'm interested in this thread.

I prefer a holster rather than putting it in my pocket personally.

I'm not a fan of holsters. I've scratched the screen of my G1 while using a holster and once had an old Motorola phone get run over by a car after the whole holster fell off while running across the street.

So it's in the pocket or purse for me.

edgemaster191

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Right cargo pocket most days. I have an invisishield screen protector and a seidio 3500mah battery. No cargo pants than its in the front right pocket.

Sent from my Evo 4G using Tapatalk

intheb0x

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
I use a black berry 9700 belt holster case, it fits perfect and it feels high quality.

From my HTC EVO using Tapatalk pro.

Cubfan

Jun 19, 2010
Visit site
Sedio Platinum case, Sprint's no glare screen protector, in my front left pocket (screen facing inward). I tried the naked phone but felt like I was going to drop it all the time.

supchaka

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
Invisible shield on the screen, front right pocket, screen against the leg! I always visualize having it screen out and running into a table or something

supchaka

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
Seriously, I use a pouch for my blackberry when Im working. Because well Im working and its acceptable. Off the clock though, the Evo's in my pocket because nothing says baller like keeping a $500 phone in ur pocket, living on the edge of danger. And yeah, guys in shorts and a Tshirt with a pouch are screaming douche, but its usually overshadowed by the guys BT in his ear while he's walking around the mall.

AnnDroid

May 19, 2010
Visit site
I carry mine in an Aquapac that I got from Android Central's accessory store :). I'm around alot of water and when I'm not, I'm around alot of sawdust and/or paint. My EVO is completely pristine.

I'd get a hard shell case for the other times, but I dislike covering up the HTC on the back. I'm proud of my phone and don't want the case's name showing as what I carry.

brownsdawg

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
Holsters are necessary sometimes - I spend 75% of my work days in surgical scrubs that usually only have one back pocket and one breast pocket. That is why I'm looking for a good leather carrying pouch to clip onto my scrubs for work. When I have to wear dress clothes I just put it in my pocket. I still think I want a case though, having it naked makes me nervous. I just got it this past weekend and have been putting it in a Maui Jim sunglasses pouch for the time being while it sits in my pocket.

What are the best leather pouches? Best buy is all out of the HTC ones where I live.

fatyank#AC

Sep 28, 2010
Visit site
I tried the naked thing then realized I had no pockets :eek::eek:. I decided to put clothes on and put my EVO in my front pocket. Have screen protector and Seidio 3500 battery. I use it so much it almost never is in my pocket. I am a convert from 10 years with Palm, 2 frustrating years with Windows Mobile. This is an awesome phone, that is why it is in my hand or on the desk. To be used and seen. :D

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abhishek397