how to remove the "verizon wireless" text from lockscreen?

debdroid1a

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
PLEASE GET BACK to biz,

How can we remove "verizon wirelss" from the lockscreen? is there a way with root?

Do you mean in the upper left hand corner? That's a part of the new Lollipop upgrade. It replaces the notification icons. Can't be removed if you're on stock. Not sure about rooting. Mine says T-Mobile now.
My additional information lists "weather" and "pedometer".

Olala Olalala

May 2, 2015
Visit site
Folks, I have the same (the T-mobile on the top left side of the screen). But I've found the solution to get rid of it once and for all..

I've installed different locker to my Samsung S5 - and this time it was CM Locker, and I have to admit, that this is the best locker I've ever used. It's very light, though has the basic functionalities (weather, configurable notifications, etc).

JoeFuzzyBunny

May 26, 2015
Visit site
CM Locker and other alternate lock screens are not an option that will work for me. :(
My phone is supplied by my employer. Encryption and a password or PIN are enforced. I installed CM Locker thinking I could replace the stock lockscreen with CM Locker -- nope -- I ended up with two lock screens. I enter my PIN on the stock lock screen ( With "Verizon Wireless" hiding the status icons I want to see ), and then I see the CM Locker lock screen.

I would love to "root" the phone, but that too is not an option -- If I root it I loose all access to my work email and calendar.

AXEL314

Apr 21, 2015
Visit site
If you have a rooted device then you can remove that lockscreen carrier branding text as well as the text in the notification area by installing Xposed Framework and then Wanam Xposed.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

I'm way late to the party but THANK YOU! this is one of the reasons why I rooted as soon as I got my phone.

Posted via the Android Central App

Ryanpm6774

Jun 3, 2015
Visit site
CM Locker and other alternate lock screens are not an option that will work for me. :(
My phone is supplied by my employer. Encryption and a password or PIN are enforced. I installed CM Locker thinking I could replace the stock lockscreen with CM Locker -- nope -- I ended up with two lock screens. I enter my PIN on the stock lock screen ( With "Verizon Wireless" hiding the status icons I want to see ), and then I see the CM Locker lock screen.

I would love to "root" the phone, but that too is not an option -- If I root it I loose all access to my work email and calendar.

+1 here!
I have an encrypted phone and hate this issue. I use mine for work and like to take a quick peek at the screen to see if I missed any calls or have emails. This is so unnecessarily annoying!

Samsung fix this!