[How To] Unroot and return to stock [RUU Method]

GNemes

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
I'm stuck on step 8. Can't connect no matter what. I've run this thing probably 20 times now and continue to get the very same error. Any suggestions? (using Win 7, 64 bit). I did turn off my virus & firewall stuff, btw, thinking maybe that was causing an issue.

2CupsWithString

passionately curious
Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
I'm stuck on step 8. Can't connect no matter what. I've run this thing probably 20 times now and continue to get the very same error. Any suggestions? (using Win 7, 64 bit). I did turn off my virus & firewall stuff, btw, thinking maybe that was causing an issue.

Some people have success if they boot their phone in to hboot and then run the RUU.

To do that power off the Evo, then power it on by pressing volume down and power at the same time until the white screen shows up, if you have an option choose fastboot usb, then start the program on your PC.

Reactions: kkumar99

GNemes

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Some people have success if they boot their phone in to hboot and then run the RUU.

To do that power off the Evo, then power it on by pressing volume down and power at the same time until the white screen shows up, if you have an option choose fastboot usb, then start the program on your PC.

That worked! Thanks again!!:)

mikiemike

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
I want to un-root my phone and then root again, (just for the experience) when I received my phone from a freind it was already rooted, so I don't know what meathod was used. is there any way to tell or can i just use this meathod and see what sticks? Also how can I tell which RUU to use from the list in the link above?

2CupsWithString

passionately curious
Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
I want to un-root my phone and then root again, (just for the experience) when I received my phone from a freind it was already rooted, so I don't know what meathod was used. is there any way to tell or can i just use this meathod and see what sticks? Also how can I tell which RUU to use from the list in the link above?

To find the right RUU you should see what hboot version you have. To this power off your phone and boot it up by hold both the volume down and power buttons at the same time until a white screen loads, the top line will tell you what version.

If it's 2.02 or 2.10 you might as well run the 3.7 RUU.

Reactions: mikiemike

mikiemike

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
To find the right RUU you should see what hboot version you have. To this power off your phone and boot it up by hold both the volume down and power buttons at the same time until a white screen loads, the top line will tell you what version.

If it's 2.02 or 2.10 you might as well run the 3.7 RUU.

Thanks a bunch sorry for the slow get back, I was actually working fOr once, lol I'll check it and see if that's what I have. Once again thanks

evostegs

May 17, 2011
Visit site
RUU and Sync

Anybody else unable to download that RUU right now?

Also, being in the US, I downloaded the reccomended version of HTC Sync for the EVO. Will that be an issue?

igotsanevo4g

Retired Moderator
Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
Sometimes the mirror is wonky. Just give a some time, i have the RUU on my PC and can upload it if its a dire situation, though.

mdyer2003

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
this is what my bootloader screen says

Supersonic EVT2-3 SHIP S-ON
HBOOT - 2.10.001
Microp- 041f
Touch Panel - Atmel224_16ab
Radio - 2.15.00.11.19
Oct 15 2010

Thanks for you help!

chaosblack1991

May 29, 2011
Visit site
me 2

i get stuck on 12a i always get the usb issue and have tried at least 10 times

I also have the same specs as your phone and Im unable to get this to work.

NVM I got it to work.
Follow these steps
http://unrevoked.com/rootwiki/doku.php/public/windows_hboot_driver_install

keep the ruu file you had before
download HTC SYNC I did it with the latest one
and when you get to the bootloader hit fastboot
after that run the RUU and you should be good to good reply if it works for you.

Last edited:

Tonay

Dec 5, 2010
Visit site
I'm having a problem with installing HTC Sync it tells me im missing a file "vcredist.msi" and i have no idea what that is and how to find it can someone help me out with this problem

Averix

May 17, 2010
Visit site

Anyone have some clarification on why the md5 values for the RUU_SuperSonic_S_Sprint_WWE_3.70.651.1_Radio_2.15.00.11.19_NV_1.90_release_161482_signed.exe files differ between mirrors? Those are the values according to the mirrors, not the downloaded values.

The goo link is
01f712c0bea8ae6eb42ebb2f8017592c but the original link is
8fda352396eb4bb932284e0652f7de89

That seems a bit questionable to me. Different md5 values for supposedly the same files...

mikiemike

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
Link broken

The ruu download link seems to be broken. Can anybody put it back together. Have to return my phone and need to unroot.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Novigator