HTC One Battery Life/Stats Discussion

Deric Keo

Apr 26, 2013
Visit site
Well phone my setup, I have it in power saver on, my brightness is at lowest with no wifi on, all email and notifications are off though when I do leave my phone idle I turn off my data especially when I'm at work and that help out with power consumption. Hopefully that will help out

BigHonu

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
I believe that any perceived issues I may have had with my battery were due to much higher usage than normal. More time on the phone setting it up, die loading and installing apps, etc.

Since my phone is more or less set up the way I want it now, I'm getting through the day with enough juice to do what I normally do.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

GadgetGator

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
I wish I knew how you're getting such good battery life. Can you share some of the settings you have on and off? I have almost all notifications turned off, no push email, and yet I was at 20% last night with almost 3 hours screen time. With power saver on...

What about your cellular service? 3G? 4G? What carrier? This makes more of a difference then any power saver functions ever could. Really it comes down to how people use their phones and in what areas. I can get fairly decent life at home, but go to a crowded place like a Disney park or baseball stadium where all the carriers struggle to keep up with the thousands of people pinging their towers, and I can almost watch the battery evaporate before my eyes on any device.

c613m

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
What about your cellular service? 3G? 4G? What carrier? This makes more of a difference then any power saver functions ever could. Really it comes down to how people use their phones and in what areas. I can get fairly decent life at home, but go to a crowded place like a Disney park or baseball stadium where all the carriers struggle to keep up with the thousands of people pinging their towers, and I can almost watch the battery evaporate before my eyes on any device.

LTE on Rogers. Honestly, I get 4-5 bars at home and at work. Both places see the same usage. So I'm not too sure. The battery life isn't terrible, it's pretty much on par my iPhone 5 during daily use. However, my iPhone if left idle during weekends while I'm working at home on the house, would barely move. I'd maybe lose 5%. The HTC lost 10% in the first 2 hours of an identical situation. Actually, not true, my iPhone would have push emails enabled, the HTC doesn't (can't push iCloud emails to HTC)...

I'm learning more and more each day about the device and find myself finding some hidden setting and turning it off, so hopefully battery life while idle can get better.

Raptor

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Well phone my setup, I have it in power saver on, my brightness is at lowest with no wifi on, all email and notifications are off though when I do leave my phone idle I turn off my data especially when I'm at work and that help out with power consumption. Hopefully that will help out

Man, if you have to do that to get the phone to last why have it in the first place?

I've had a light day of use today and after 11 hours and 23 minutes I'm at 62%. Again, I have used the phone very little today but this is better than I've seen so far.

Brian

Deric Keo

Apr 26, 2013
Visit site
hahaha there are some days I use for e-mail(work mostly), texting, navigation, facebook/instagram/tumblr, spotify and youtube, and then there are days I hardly touch it for hours. Though still get some good hours.

achacon77

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
I've got a quick question. I just purchased the Sprint HTC One and I'm wondering which one of the options under the mobile network > network mode settings: CDMA only, LTE/CDMA, GSM/UMTS Only, or Automatic is best to use for conserving battery if LTE is not available in my area. Sprint has posted on their website that my city should be receiving LTE soon. Or does it even matter? Thanks in advance for your input.

livetoride4666

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site
So I think I have a problem. Here is my daily routine. I wake up at 6:30 and leave my phone plugged in until I leave at 7:30. When I get to work I put my phone on airplane mode or turn off the data, because I work with medical records and due to hipaa regulations I can't have my phone on me. At lunch I check my phone for 15 then back on airplane mode until I leave at 4:30. My phone usually dies or needs to be plugged in at 7ish. I always have the phone on power save mode as well. Is this normal?? If so this is ridiculous.

Raptor

May 16, 2010
Visit site
OK, it's now 15h36m since I took it off the charger this morning and I'm now about to put it back on and the charge is at 41%. That sounds good and it is better than I've seen thus far but I used it very little today. Still, much better than I've ever seen with it...

Brian

Blaalad12

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys, i gotta say iam relatively happy with the battery life , its neither bad nor excellent imo, I would be a moderate-heavy user though!! Anyways, one area that is buggin me a little is the standby time, Iam regularly waking up to see the battery has drained anywhere from 10-15% over night! Iam not using 3g/4g nor is anything syncing in the background, I leave wifi on and thats it, Anyone else experiencing this? On my old s3 i used to only see maybe 4-6% most drop a night

frellingfrakker

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
So I think I have a problem. Here is my daily routine. I wake up at 6:30 and leave my phone plugged in until I leave at 7:30. When I get to work I put my phone on airplane mode or turn off the data, because I work with medical records and due to hipaa regulations I can't have my phone on me. At lunch I check my phone for 15 then back on airplane mode until I leave at 4:30. My phone usually dies or needs to be plugged in at 7ish. I always have the phone on power save mode as well. Is this normal?? If so this is ridiculous.

Not normal. My phone is on all day without battery saver enabled and mostly off wifi and I haven't had to charge it during the day yet.
uploadfromtaptalk1367377670548.jpg

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 2

nrguser

Sep 4, 2012
Visit site
fHOuGK9.png

AKK55IK.png

Battery Saver is on, I work in a place where my phone constantly looks for signal, and wifi is locked down. GPS is turned off, I don't use it on a daily basis so no point in having it on. I also use Advanced Task Killer for find apps that might be running and me not noticing.

Daily for me is about 3-4 hours of internet/apps, and 3-4 hours of music in between everything.

Just a note, don't know if anyone else noticed it. I updated facebook and noticed a huge drop in battery life last Saturday. I uninstalled it last night to factory settings and saw a huge jump today.

Edit - Here is the App Usage, picture is too short so the list follows:

Candy Crush - 39% (Yeah Yeah I know)
Chrome - 6%
HTC Sense - 5%
Android System - 5%
Engadget - 3%
Gmail - 3%
Amazon MP3 - 2% (Just a note again, this is mainly where I play my music from, inside this app)
Twitter - 2%
Gallery - 2%
Phone Idle - 20%
Wifi - 7%

Last edited:

Blaalad12

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
How often are you guys using the internet? because iam seeing very good battery stats here but iam wondering if your using wifi much and getting these results. I often check my email during the day, browse facebook and a few other sites i use and i would usually spend at least 2 hours doing so (which i guess is long enough) That would easily eat close to 50% and iam losing up to 15% over night in standby!! I can easily get a days use out of the phone, but if when i use the likes of facebook etc I gotta be careful cause the battery drains fast, i also use auto brightness!! To be honest,while iam fairly happy with the battery, i have adjusted alot of settings, I dread to think how long t would last if i had brightness up full, 3g on, auto sync on etc

My usage for tonight so far has been 8h 27mins, phone has been barely used,unlocked to check time a good few times, spent maybe 15mins on facebook, 5 minutes in the play store and maybe 10minutes browsing photos in my gallery and iam on 76%

http://i.imgur.com/fHOuGK9.png
http://i.imgur.com/AKK55IK.png

Battery Saver is on, I work in a place where my phone constantly looks for signal, and wifi is locked down.

Daily for me is about 3-4 hours of internet/apps, and 3-4 hours of music in between everything.

Just a note, don't know if anyone else noticed it. I updated facebook and noticed a huge drop in battery life last Saturday. I uninstalled it last night to factory settings and saw a huge jump today.

Whaaaa? 4 hours internet and 4 hours music?? My battery would be in single digits after 4 hours on screen time

Last edited by a moderator:

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
http://i.imgur.com/fHOuGK9.png
http://i.imgur.com/AKK55IK.png

Battery Saver is on, I work in a place where my phone constantly looks for signal, and wifi is locked down.

This is an interesting observation. My Nexus 4 has recently not been giving me the battery life it has for months. I wonder if Facebook is causing it.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

nrguser

Sep 4, 2012
Visit site
How often are you guys using the internet? because iam seeing very good battery stats here but iam wondering if your using wifi much and getting these results. I often check my email during the day, browse facebook and a few other sites i use and i would usually spend at least 2 hours doing so (which i guess is long enough) That would easily eat close to 50% and iam losing up to 15% over night in standby!! I can easily get a days use out of the phone, but if when i use the likes of facebook etc I gotta be careful cause the battery drains fast, i also use auto brightness!! To be honest,while iam fairly happy with the battery, i have adjusted alot of settings, I dread to think how long t would last if i had brightness up full, 3g on, auto sync on etc

My usage for tonight so far has been 8h 27mins, phone has been barely used,unlocked to check time a good few times, spent maybe 15mins on facebook, 5 minutes in the play store and maybe 10minutes browsing photos in my gallery and iam on 76%

I am connected to 3G/4G, work wifi is locked down and school wifi times out after 20 minutes for some reason. Gmail pushes email to me all day, power saver does not effect it. I think your problem is Facebook. I mentioned above about the drop in battery life with it. My EVO 3D was a ton better without facebook in the battery life game. You could have a rogue app doing something in the background. I have Advanced Task killer and find apps running when I don't want to them to, might check it out.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...child.advancedtaskkiller&hl=en&token=SDYM0b4A

Seth_Brower

Nov 4, 2010
Visit site
So this is my stats, not as impressive as some, but I tend to end up plugging in at some point during the day, either during commute, or while at the desk, today I happened not to so gave me full day stats.

Shaif

May 1, 2013
Visit site
I live in The Netherlands and have got the HTC one about 7 days. And the battery is very good. Yesterday after (with heavy use) 18hrs 43mins i still had 32%

Splitz

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
Battery life looks to be about on par with the HTC Vivid. I might pick one up in September when I'm due for an upgrade!

geometro

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
Having done about 4-6 charge cycles in the week since I've had my phone, I'm now averaging over 24 hours total uptime with between 3-4hrs screen on, average use, wifi and bluetooth always on, most syncs on. I found that enabling sleep mode gave me a big boost - saves me from having to switch the power saver on at night too. I also use wakelock detector to keep an eye on what was killing my battery in idle and adjusted my syncs/uninstalled apps accordingly. My biggest fear of moving to android from iOS was having to charge it daily or multiple times a day, but this phone doesn't leave me wanting in that department. I'll take a screen shot when I'm at the end of this charge cycle, so probably tomorrow around noon.

as promised, here's a screenshot from last night

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ukfred