HTC One: Speakerphone comes on automatically when placing a call after 4.4 update?

tfrankson

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Im having this same issue as well since update. Im on T-Mobile USA. Hope we get a fix soon.

Posted via Android Central App

justdubya

Nov 20, 2011
Visit site
Yep. My friend and I both have HTC Ones on T-Mobile and we are experiencing the issue as well.

I chatted with HTC twice and they had me wipe the partition cache... This did not fix the problem.

I then chatted with a chap at T-Mobile who also did not help fix the issue.

As a last resort I did a factory reset... This also DID NOT fix the problem.

It's definitely an issue with KitKat and the HTC One and possibly other phones as well from what I read above.

UPDATE: Chatted again with a Robert at HTC he told me this:

AgentRobert
This issue is currently being reviewed by HTC. I would recommend re-applying the RUU of the software update when it becomes available as a download at the following link:
12:41:28 PM AgentRobert
It is not uploaded now but will be soon:
https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...t%2Fhtc-one-t-mobile%2Fnews%2F&token=4wkpqguc

Last edited:

Tjalsma

Feb 19, 2014
Visit site
Yep. My friend and I both have HTC Ones on T-Mobile and we are experiencing the issue as well.

I chatted with HTC twice and they had me wipe the partition cache... This did not fix the problem.

I then chatted with a chap at T-Mobile who also did not help fix the issue.

As a last resort I did a factory reset... This also DID NOT fix the problem.

It's definitely an issue with KitKat and the HTC One and possibly other phones as well from what I read above.

UPDATE: Chatted again with a Robert at HTC he told me this:

AgentRobert
This issue is currently being reviewed by HTC. I would recommend re-applying the RUU of the software update when it becomes available as a download at the following link:
It is not uploaded now but will be soon:
HTC One (T-Mobile) Support-News & download | HTC United States

I don't think it has anything to do with KitKat as my brother and I don't have it and we have this speaker phone issue.

leon byfield

Mar 9, 2014
Visit site
I had the same problem, and it seems like i fixed it by clearing cache of the phone app !!! :)

Props to jlievre. Have have been having the same speaker phone issues with speakerphone, no set patterns just at random times it will happen 7 out of 10 times. I think what jlievre ment in terms of clear you cache in phone app is delete call history as since I have done this it hasn't happened. 2 days going strong!!! 😁😁 Thanks,

Leon

smartmove

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
Same problem here with an unbranded HTC One on EE in the UK. Actually had this issue prior to the 4.4.2 and was hoping the update would fix, sad to say it hasn't :( I did wonder if it was anything to do with the Car app. Have tried disabling that but the issue continues. HTC Support UK said they'd never heard of this issue......

Mrdouglas

Feb 25, 2014
Visit site
Props to jlievre. Have have been having the same speaker phone issues with speakerphone, no set patterns just at random times it will happen 7 out of 10 times. I think what jlievre ment in terms of clear you cache in phone app is delete call history as since I have done this it hasn't happened. 2 days going strong!!! 😁😁 Thanks,

Leon

Tried this with no success. Still getting speakerphone calls. :-(

HTC one 4.4.2 us on at&t...

Sent from my secret lair in an undisclosed mountainside.

Carl_Barr

Oct 18, 2013
Visit site
I'm on att in Texas. It's so horrible. It almost got worse. It'll show the speaker icon blue but say off and its really on. So I tap it and stays blue and says speaker on. I tap it again and it turns white and finally turns off. This has happened once. For practically every other call now it just automatically turns on.

Posted via Android Central App

smartmove

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
The annoying thing is as the speakerphone is "on" as far as the phone is concerned the screen doesn't turn off when you put it to your head (the proximity sensors are disabled by design when speakerphone is on), your face then starts hitting various buttons on the screen, makes the phone pretty unusable as a phone right now.

ackyash

Feb 28, 2014
Visit site
This really annoying problem almost blew my eardrum today. Dialed a number and put the phone next to my ear and darn it, it went on speakerphone.
Now need to check every time before putting the phone next to the ear to make sure that the damn speakerphone has not turned on, on its own. And, yes this thing has a mind of its own, turns the speakerphone on automatically say in every 1 in 4 calls. ie 25% of the time.

C'mon HTC we need a fix for this issue fast, or goodbye to HTC for good.

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
This really annoying problem almost blew my eardrum today. Dialed a number and put the phone next to my ear and darn it, it went on speakerphone.
Now need to check every time before putting the phone next to the ear to make sure that the damn speakerphone has not turned on, on its own. And, yes this thing has a mind of its own, turns the speakerphone on automatically say in every 1 in 4 calls. ie 25% of the time.

C'mon HTC we need a fix for this issue fast, or goodbye to HTC for good.
Good bye HTC for good? WOW hate to see what you would say if a worse bug had hit..
You do realize that every manufacturer at some point or another has had a bug or two in their updates. Threatening to leave a manufacturer for good over it kind of makes you sound whiney and demanding.
The bigger problem is over time you will end up with NO phone. Say good by to HTC, then go to Samsung, Oh wait they have a bug in an update, Good Bye Samsung. Move to Motorola. Oh i hope they dont get a bug. LOL
Anyway, Instead of making idle threats learn from it. Now that you know its NOT just your phone and a bug you can avoid almost blowing your ear drum 1/4 of the time you make calls by simply making sure its not on speaker phone until an update / fix comes out.

shider

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
Hello. This problem is not related to KitKat update but latest Chrome update (33). I have the same issue on HTC One X. It appears after Chrome start. Killing and starting Chrome results in turning on loudspeaker on first call. Problem can be solved by uninstalling Chrome updates (and disabling auto update). Latest Chrome beta works fine.

ackyash

Feb 28, 2014
Visit site
Hello. This problem is not related to KitKat update but latest Chrome update (33). I have the same issue on HTC One X. It appears after Chrome start. Killing and starting Chrome results in turning on loudspeaker on first call. Problem can be solved by uninstalling Chrome updates (and disabling auto update). Latest Chrome beta works fine.

Thanks. Solved the issue. Since the time I have completely uninstalled Chrome browser, I have not faced this problem even once.

Lotat

Mar 7, 2014
Visit site
Yes, I can confirm positive results after disabling Chrome and installing Firefox instead. Since the Chrome is off, no automatic loudspeaker calls anymore. I hope it stays this way..