I prefer Samsung's launcher to Nova! How about you?

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
Like a lot of people, I slapped Nova on my S8 the day I got it. But after a week using Samsung's stock UI, I've discovered how far they have come, even since last year. It's smooth, fluid and far more appealing to the eye. I'm not even tempted to go back to Nova...yet. Anyone else using stock?

jamezr

Trusted Member
Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
I have been using stock for everything on my S8+ . Stock launcher...calendar and messages ...haven't missed nova at all:)

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
I have tried and tried but the gestures on Nova ( I have a lot of them set) makes me go back to it. The look of my actual Nova settings just simulates Samsung UI, just the same I did when I got the Pixel, but just like with the Pixel, I'm so used to these gestures that I just feel like when I was using the iPhone without them, incomplete.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
On Samsung is there a way to make the icons larger, like this size?
42cbeed269aa87ccaef3e68b8ca025c8.jpg

mlblack16

Apr 29, 2016
Visit site
Theme store and zedge both have icons OR an app called awesome icons lets you use any icon pack with TouchWiz.

This is true, but the nice thing with Nova is you can download multiple icon packs and select from any of them simultaneously to integrate into Nova, rather than having to convert all icons at once.

TouchWiz icons are simplistic, which I like, but then it doesn't have any available to change icons for all the downloaded apps. This doesn't allow a consistent enough look for me.

al3azim

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
This is true, but the nice thing with Nova is you can download multiple icon packs and select from any of them simultaneously to integrate into Nova, rather than having to convert all icons at once.

TouchWiz icons are simplistic, which I like, but then it doesn't have any available to change icons for all the downloaded apps. This doesn't allow a consistent enough look for me.

As mentioned in an earlier post, you can use Awsome Icons app (https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...ails?id=com.momocode.shortcuts&token=PFSUr3Lf) to use any icon pack you with Touchwiz. The only thing is that it only changes the icons on the main screens but not in the app drawer. The app drawer icons are the default ones but then again, it is not an issue if the focus is using icon packs on the home screens only.

You should check out the app, very easy to use and works really

Mr_Spencer

Trusted Member
Sep 21, 2014
Visit site
Same here. BUT I still loaded Nova and set it up just like the stock Launcher. I missed my gestures and a few small things Nova does.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I did for a short while but .. Now using Nova. I prefer that over Samsung's at the moment.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karim174