I Screwed Up My Trade In

Ed_Grohl

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site
So I live in a city. Like an idiot since I can't read apparently, I put my trade-in in a FedEx drop box yesterday because it was a block from me. It says specifically not to do that. Anyone else done this? I am worried because the trade in is supposed to be there by the 8th.

notforhire

Aug 29, 2016
Visit site
two years ago I mistakenly reused a return label for a return device (I printed off the wrong label) with Samsung, because I, too, am an idiot. once I figured out what I'd done, I knew the return was sitting in a warehouse NOT being addressed. I dealt with Support and within a couple of hours they saved me (and my $$) from my very foolish mistake. I think you're in much better shape than that.

Ed_Grohl

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site
So small update: FedEx does have it, but it will be there a day late (how?). Anyways, in my research trying to contact them for an extension, Samsung site says they will review any order shipped within 6 days of the final date. So it looks like I should be good to go.

Thought this might be helpful for my fellow dingbats.

bkeaver

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
So small update: FedEx does have it, but it will be there a day late (how?). Anyways, in my research trying to contact them for an extension, Samsung site says they will review any order shipped within 6 days of the final date. So it looks like I should be good to go.

Thought this might be helpful for my fellow dingbats.
Probably should have shipped sooner than 2 days before.

X1tymez

Q&A Team
Mar 27, 2016
Visit site
So I live in a city. Like an idiot since I can't read apparently, I put my trade-in in a FedEx drop box yesterday because it was a block from me. It says specifically not to do that. Anyone else done this? I am worried because the trade in is supposed to be there by the 8th.
Not FedEx, but UPS. Used their Dropbox but claim they never get the device. Lost the battle for a couple of months.

edubfromktown

Sep 18, 2020
Visit site
Dropped mine at FedEx one day before "ship by" date deadline.

Also, took photos before, during and after boxing (plus weighed on my scale) so there are no "discrepancies" on the receiving end ;)

Reactions: BEaRebel

BijouVixen

Feb 10, 2024
Visit site
I bought mine straight up. can't tell you how much relief there is not sweating a trade-in snafu. I'd planned on keeping my S22U as a backup, but a situation with my aunt and her A14 resulted in my "upgrading" her phone with my old one. trade-ins are too much pressure
Exactly what I told myself after the 2nd dibacol with ATT's return. I'm keeping this one until it's fully paid off where I can use it as a back up but there's now at in Hell I'll be trading it in. No waaay!

edubfromktown

Sep 18, 2020
Visit site
I bought mine straight up. can't tell you how much relief there is not sweating a trade-in snafu. I'd planned on keeping my S22U as a backup, but a situation with my aunt and her A14 resulted in my "upgrading" her phone with my old one. trade-ins are too much pressure
Ohhh, ok.

I buy mine unlocked straight up as well. Along with that, maximize additional discounts beyond the manufacturers +trade-in credit.

This is part of how I'm able to retire 5+ years early.

Happy days!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abdul Ali