I woke up and omg!

panitsos

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
ok so all these suggestions are well and good, but my question is whats the point of spending all this money on a phone thats jacked up and not being able to use it to its potential? why should we have to close this app and close that app and reduce the brightness on it ? we shouldnt have to do any of that with the money we paid for this phone, we should be able to use it to its full potential without having to do anything to it to save battery.

RetiredJedi

Jul 13, 2010
jedi-soljah.iwarp.com
ok so all these suggestions are well and good, but my question is whats the point of spending all this money on a phone thats jacked up and not being able to use it to its potential? why should we have to close this app and close that app and reduce the brightness on it ? we shouldnt have to do any of that with the money we paid for this phone, we should be able to use it to its full potential without having to do anything to it to save battery.

Well, I think the real problem is that phone technology has way exceeded battery technology. Not excusing it or blowing off any battery problem whether it's big or small, I'm just sayin.

Last edited:
Reactions: samuraifortruth

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site

The point is, is that they are very powerful phones that ......run off of a battery. You can leave the screens brightness turned all the way up.. its just going to drain the battery faster. Even if the phone had a 1900mah battery and you leave the brightness up... it will drain the battery. The large screens on these phones use a lot of juice and android phones are very powerful and are capable of many things. Unless you are willing to use a huge 2700mah battery, there are certain things you need to tweak in order for the phones battery to last longer. There's no need to shut down apps... just tweak a few update settings and lower the screens brightness. Until phone companies can build a 2700mah or larger battery and make it small and compact like the ones that come with the phone... this is how it goes.

lovy

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
I left my tbolt off the charger overnight and it only lost 10% of its battery with 4g and wifi on. However, I get excellent coverage in my apartment. I was in a building yesterday where I always get bad service and my tbolt lost about 30% of its charge in about an hour. So my question to the original poster is: how is your wireless coverage in your apartment?

I know this kind of thing was a battery killer on 3g phones too, but it seems exceptionally worse on the tbolt.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk
My coverage is excellent in 4G area which is very strong. I think you lost 30% because it was probably switching back and forth from 4G to 3G.

Shygar

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
Yeah during the day it is fine. I have it plugged in now and it is at 89%.

Not sure what it could be. I have all syncs turned off, just double checked.

I know it's a stupid question, but is the outlet you are plugged into controlled by a wall switch? Maybe you are turning off your lights at night and inadvertently turning off your wall charger.

lazzerus

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
Nada, not the case. I could see that happening though!

Last night I bump charged it twice before just shutting it down and going to bed. This morning I fired it up and it at 98%. I actually wanted to leave it on overnight but I forgot....

Going to see how it works out today. I installed the juice app that turns off the radio when the screen goes black and made sure Blockbuster wont do any updates. Also Spare Parts is running so we will see if that shows me what is doing it.

If it last a bit I let it sync every few hours.

Lazz

lovy

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
After my first nightmare with battery I bum charged my phone twice changed time frame in which things were syncing, went to bed last night with phone off charger and on, and woke up to 98% battery life without Juice Defender. I think the second Bump is what did it for me. It's sad I was afraid to look at my phone battery life this morning lol, but so far so good. Don't stone me guys but I think this is a good experience well for me anyway since it's my first droid, im actually learning a lot about the phone I just wish I didn't have to learn under these circumstances.

Reactions: samuraifortruth

lovy

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
IDK if it is worth chasing down two bums per day just to se the phone!

Glad to hear you are getting better times. I have been getting decent battery use so far
LOL i meant I did two Bumps and it's been working out much better than before. Waiting on my extended battery just a lil saddedned that they dobt make cases for it.

kody.thompson113

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Before I went to bed took my phone out of the charger because it had a complete charge, woke up this morning and my phone was dead, I know you guys are saying that I don't need task killer but there are apps running that I don't know how to stop and apparently neither does the phone. So what do I do now? *sigh* I feel like I'm just learning how to walk, it goes from one thing to the next, my iphone4 was like a walk in the park compared to this. My dream phone has turned into a nightmare. Sorry guys I had no coffee can't call my mom because phone is dead grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!:(

Try using Juice Defender.... almost doubled my battery life when set to an aggressive profile.

Reactions: lovy

lovy

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
Try using Juice Defender.... almost doubled my battery life when set to an aggressive profile.
Thank you :) Battery much better. It seems that the two bump charges and letting the phone condition to my needs is what I needed :) I didn't get extended battery yet but when I do I will use it for emergencies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brandiwagner