I woke up and omg!

lovy

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
Before I went to bed took my phone out of the charger because it had a complete charge, woke up this morning and my phone was dead, I know you guys are saying that I don't need task killer but there are apps running that I don't know how to stop and apparently neither does the phone. So what do I do now? *sigh* I feel like I'm just learning how to walk, it goes from one thing to the next, my iphone4 was like a walk in the park compared to this. My dream phone has turned into a nightmare. Sorry guys I had no coffee can't call my mom because phone is dead grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!:(

TBolt

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
I have a Seidio battery in my Droid Inc, and one of the tips from Seidio is to charge the phone several hours after the phone claims to be fully charged. So, I basically charge all night while I sleep.

You can't trust "100%" battery on HTC phones. More importantly, unless you've re-charged your battery at least 5 times, your battery isn't really conditioned for max performance yet.

Did you buy the extended battery at Verizon? These aren't BlackBerries, ya know. hehe

Reactions: lovy

jwwws

Sep 27, 2010
Visit site
As a longtime Android user, I can definitely say that I've experienced the same and have grown accustomed to plugging mine in before bed! If nothing else I need it to wake me for work!

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

CallerHoller

May 9, 2010
Visit site
There's an app called Auto Airplane that you can set to turn off the radio while you're asleep. Prevents all our apps from poling the internet all night. really saves battery.

Reactions: bigcez74

Smitty_82

Android Addict
Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
My battery life did get better with my droid x after about a week of use. Not exactly sure how it's set up in sense, but there should be a night time mode in your battery manager that will turn off most background data at night. I would try that.

lovy

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
I have a Seidio battery in my Droid Inc, and one of the tips from Seidio is to charge the phone several hours after the phone claims to be fully charged. So, I basically charge all night while I sleep.

You can't trust "100%" battery on HTC phones. More importantly, unless you've re-charged your battery at least 5 times, your battery isn't really conditioned for max performance yet.

Did you buy the extended battery at Verizon? These aren't BlackBerries, ya know. hehe
I understand all of this and please forgive me but I am so upset I mean I actually went to sleep woke up and it's dead. what is the explanation for this other than some stuff is still running, extended battery or not I should not have a complete charge wake up and phone is dead. This means I have to leave it charged all day and night? I will pick up an extended battery but I still don't understand, this is so annoying and upsetting.

lovy

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
As a longtime Android user, I can definitely say that I've experienced the same and have grown accustomed to plugging mine in before bed! If nothing else I need it to wake me for work!

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk
I actually thought I could unplug it because it was charged, always thought leaving a phone charged all the time can ruin the battery. I'm so frustrated :(

TBolt

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
I understand all of this and please forgive me but I am so upset I mean I actually went to sleep woke up and it's dead. what is the explanation for this other than some stuff is still running, extended battery or not I should not have a complete charge wake up and phone is dead. This means I have to leave it charged all day and night? I will pick up an extended battery but I still don't understand, this is so annoying and upsetting.

maybe the battery is defective? tell Verizon it is - maybe you'll get a free replacement.

I'd still buy at least 1 extended battery.

Reactions: lovy

lovy

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
maybe the battery is defective? tell Verizon it is - maybe you'll get a free replacement.

I'd still buy at least 1 extended battery.
I will call Verizon, but I wonder if this has happened to others with this phone *sighs*

leehblanc

Nov 18, 2010
Visit site
I will call Verizon, but I wonder if this has happened to others with this phone *sighs*

Bottom line is this shouldn't happen on ANY phone. There isn't a phone out there that I (or any manufacturer or carrier) would accept this from. What you're saying is that the phone was asleep, in standby, with a full battery and died overnight? That isn't a "battery problem". It's either a defective battery, or something was running in the background and eating data all night.

Since other users are not seeing this, could you provide us with a list of apps that you've installed from the market, or at the very least give us a rundown of the apps you used over the last hour or so before going to bed?

Mapex

Oct 5, 2009
Visit site
I actually thought I could unplug it because it was charged, always thought leaving a phone charged all the time can ruin the battery. I'm so frustrated :(

That was the case a long time ago. Now if you keep something plugged in it will stop charging when it hits full battery and will run off the USB/AC power instead of the Li-Ion battery.

God I love typing this screen. Droid was so painful. Although I can see why people may prefer the 4" screen - this one is a little awkward hold when laying down just like the Xoom.

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
, could you provide us with a list of apps that you've installed from the market, or at the very least give us a rundown of the apps you used

This is like the best question ever.

If the words "task killer" come back, that is the first thing I would try installing. Heck, I even have a Live Wallpaper called WP Clock that definitely impacts battery life, but It's too cool for me to give up :/

There's an app called Auto Airplane that you can set to turn off the radio while you're asleep. Prevents all our apps from poling the internet all night. really saves battery.

It would be cool if they invented a phone that could detect when you actually were asleep and went into airplane mode! :D

Reactions: leehblanc

Guntherm

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
That would not be normal behavior at all. However like an ealier post said, tell us the Apps installed, Do you have friend Stream Widget, Twitter Widget. It woul dbe dishearten to say the least, but give us some more info and we might be able to help you.

1. Have you gone into Settings->Acounts & Sync and turn thing soff
you don't use?
2. Run Blockbuster apps, tell it to update then configure to not get updates(known battery hog(background)

How even with that said, task killers are a no-no with Android 2.2. Android does a great job of handling memory, and just becuase something is listed in your process doesn't mean it is actively using memory/battery.

rjpear

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
Ok..I left my off of charge all night and really had no usage at all.. Looking at the Battery usage stats (under the settings menu)..it was Phone IDLE using the most juice at 35%...
I Did Kill the GPS and Wifi.. but that's it... It just sat there in the 70% battery range..in Standby mode.. it wasn't too much more than 85% when I stopped using it.. I even kept the Auto Sync mode on..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allirose