I woke up and omg!

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Before I went to bed took my phone out of the charger because it had a complete charge, woke up this morning and my phone was dead, I know you guys are saying that I don't need task killer but there are apps running that I don't know how to stop and apparently neither does the phone. So what do I do now? *sigh* I feel like I'm just learning how to walk, it goes from one thing to the next, my iphone4 was like a walk in the park compared to this. My dream phone has turned into a nightmare. Sorry guys I had no coffee can't call my mom because phone is dead grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!:(
One thing that I have seen cause that before was when you have a bad/weak connection and an application gets "hung up" on trying to sync/send or retrieve data. One thing that comes to mind right away is the Weather/Clock Widget in HTC Sense. If the phone incessantly "retries" all night long, your battery will be dead in the morning. Or if it gets "hung up" negotiating with your mail server. I've had this happen on a Windows phone with otherwise good battery life.

Lesson: A malfunctioning Internet app can drain any battery, fast!

-Frank

Guntherm

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
You have may have found some of your problem. Not all programs act like that, so do and the programmers wrote to exit them with repeated back buttons.

Still advise the Bump charging to help condition and get a full charge. Although many opinion on how often you have to do that. I do it once a weekend myself, and dont worry about it durign the week, just charge it over night.

lovy

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
My battery performance has improved a lot since what it was like on Day 1. Since I have already gotten over my love for live wallpapers, I don't use those anymore. I also stay away from task killers. Task Killers? Bad Idea. I learnt that during my Fascinate days. I also reduced the screen brightness and brought it down to 25%. I always keep my bluetooth off unless when I need to use it. And if you have wifi at home, turning the wifi on will consume less battery.

I took the phone off the charger two hours ago. Since then I have used the phone moderately (I have been texting constantly but no graphics-heavy use) and my battery is at 81% (after two hours). And I am very happy with this result. I have purchased an extended battery for emergencies but it seems I will need it very rarely.

Oh yes, I have also set the update frequencies of widgets like Friend Stream and News to "Never" .. I just hit "update" whenever I need to. That also helps.
how do I sop the live wallpaper? Sorry Im such a noob

theGman911

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I hate to say it but both my thunderbolts are going back.... I had this same thing happen as well. I really wanted to love this phone but justify it all you want with the "get the extended battery" etc.... this phone is broken. Plain and simple. Shame on you verizon!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Guntherm

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
I hate to say it but both my thunderbolts are going back.... I had this same thing happen as well. I really wanted to love this phone but justify it all you want with the "get the extended battery" etc.... this phone is broken. Plain and simple. Shame on you verizon!

I don't recommend an extended battery, except for the seido 1600. However IMO if you set it up right an dcondition it, and make sure you do bump charge once in a while this phone will be fine. Takes at least 5-6 battery cycles to even be fair to this battery.

However, if your not happy, please by all means. Each and every person must be happy and the phone must do what they want i to do.

prakash99

Aug 15, 2010
Visit site

I am sorry it did not work for you. Battery life has gone from poor to good for me. I had anticipated a poor battery life and purchased an extended battery to use in emergencies but I now feel I will be using it only rarely.

lovy

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site

it happened to me because I left apps running all night didn't know how to exit, I am still at almost 100% for over two hours I will see what happens tonight

TCUHornedFrog

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
One of the easiest tricks to save battery life (during use) is to have a solid black wallpaper.

Here's the best way:

1. Launch your browser on the phone.
2. Go to google.com
3. Search "black".
4. Click on the Images tab.
5. Click on one of the images that is solid black (the darker the better).
6. Long press on the screen.
7. Click "Set as wallpaper"
8. Enjoy longer battery life throughout the day.

Reactions: lovy

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
the batteries can't get ruined charging them all night. They have a brain and "know" when they are charged. Is is necessary for you to have your phone turned on while you are sleeping? Mine is turned off when I go to bed. I don't want my sleep disturbed.

Also, this is a new device and like anything, you have to get the battery conditioned. There are things you can do to help with the battery. And one for sure is to NOT use a task killer. It will definitely eat up the juice.

If you came from BB you need to rethink how you manage your phone.

acmorris

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
One problem is this has to due with is the phone may have what they call batt stats inside the os, keeps up with charges in memory. Solution was found for the Evo thru other means, basically you could wipe the stats once you acheived os write access.

turbo80

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
This morning at around 6:30 am I was woken up by my phone via text message, which was on the charger. It felt warm so I unplugged it (fully charged). I went back to sleep and woke up at 10am and the phone was completely dead.

settings:
enable power saver yes
turn power saver on at 15%
notify me when power saver is on yes
disable background data no
disable wifi yes
screen brightness yes
screen brightness settings 11%
screen time out yes
screen time out settings 1 minute
onscreen animations yes
vibrate feedback yes

Auto sync
back up assistant yes late night 12am - 6am
most recent was at 9:01pm 3/18/11

weather sync every hour

no others sync

black background

mlee21

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
Before I went to bed took my phone out of the charger because it had a complete charge, woke up this morning and my phone was dead, I know you guys are saying that I don't need task killer but there are apps running that I don't know how to stop and apparently neither does the phone. So what do I do now? *sigh* I feel like I'm just learning how to walk, it goes from one thing to the next, my iphone4 was like a walk in the park compared to this. My dream phone has turned into a nightmare. Sorry guys I had no coffee can't call my mom because phone is dead grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!:(

Remember.. this is not your dream phone.. its the one after your dream phone!

prim8

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
Remove any widgets you aren't using so they aren't trying to update.
If you're not using friendstream remove it from your home page.
Go into accounts and sync and uncheck sync for any you don't want to sync on their own in the background.
Download spare parts and in the first drop down change it to partial wake usage.
Look at these programs. They're the ones that are running when your screen is off and keeping your phone from really sleeping.
If there are some that you don't want updating in the background you should go into them and see about turning off their sync or updates.

Harreh

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Wifi will take precedence over 4G. That said, whenever you leave range of a known wifi network (driving a block from your house, for instance) the wifi signal will drop and 4G will take over. Likewise, when you return home, the wifi will connect again. I got over 16hrs on one charge yesterday, and that was with some pretty heavy usage.

I need your battery. I'm hoping cm7 will fix some of these issues.

biff6789

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
All your rooters out there can also take solace in the fact that custom kernels will be making their way out in due time and their undervolting tweaks should offer significant improvements to battery life

lovy

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
just an update, since closing all of the apps that I left running overnight because I thought they were closed, since 10.35 am when I got a full charge I am only half way down after surfing the net listening /downloading music and playing games, that's almost six hours later. Oh I also removed the live wallpaper, I am now about to download dolphin HD so that I can actually exit my browser without guessing. I also changed the way I sync from 1 hour 2 every four hours.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anonymous Jones