If you could change ONE thing about the G4, what would it be?

prEvo

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Longer battery life, if I had to pick just one. However, that probably can't be changed at the moment. And I was getting better battery life on my second G4 than my first, which is encouraging.

In terms of improvements that could likely be made to the existing hardware, allowing faster charging, even as the phone's temperature rises, would be very nice. When it's charging in the car, and the battery is STILL going down (due to the throttled-back charge current), that's not good.

You need to get a different car charger, or use a decent usb cable.

RedOctobyr

Jun 7, 2015
Visit site
You need to get a different car charger, or use a decent usb cable.

I can get just 280mA of charge current with the LG charger and cable, at home, or up to about 1600mA from the same setup, depending on the phone's temperature.

My normal car charger may well be sub-par (honestly, it probably is). But if the phone is in the sun, and warms up further, even +280mA still isn't very good, assuming it doesn't drop further.

I could try the LG charger in the car, using an inverter, as a test. I did this once before. It certainly won't charge quickly in a warm environment, if also being used (like for nav), even if it doesn't actually discharge when on a good charger.

But my first G4 ran itself down from 55% to 22% one night, while plugged in, screen off. The temps kept rising/falling overnight, along with the charge current. So strange behavior is possible. Others have reported similar overnight charging issues.

smooney3

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
The ugly emojis (don't know if it's really worth rooting to fix.) Google had it right, then LG got hold of them

Posted via the Android Central App

OMG, yes! The camera is good enough to just make up for the ridiculous lag. The battery life is surprisingly decent. Those emojis, though? Man, they really messed up there.

slapshot486

Sep 29, 2013
Visit site
Since a few people have already touched on some of my concerns (slightly smaller size, slightly bigger battery), I will throw out a basic one...

The ability to adjust volume when you are on the lock screen. This was beneficial to me on my HTC One. This one sounds more like a software fix than hardware.

Xandroid

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
More ram... I'm having to constantly close all apps in order to use it without seeing lag. It's getting pretty annoying. I'm about to return this otherwise awesome phone... I HATE LAG!

Mikey47

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Just one? That's easy.

We all know that the LG G4, in all its variants, is imperfect.

The one thing I would change is to make it perfect!

There, just gave it every request on this thread. You're welcome.

😛

Blacklac

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
Better video/image stabilization. Bigger battery. I may have taken that over the Note 4 if it had those things.

Posted via the Android Central App

pazuzuftw

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Battery life. My phone's battery might actually be defective. I have done everything the same as other people who post screen shots of getting 4+ hours of screen on time as well as getting a full 24 hours out of their battery and I can only manage, at best, around 16 hours. That's with no syncing and basically little smart phone functionality without manually doing everything. Its very frustrating.

TechFranz

May 3, 2015
Visit site
Better themes. I am really not liking all the Orange and Flat Pastel Colors and the Pencil Sketch Art.
Give me some Rich Colorful Themese and beatiful Wallpapers.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
beauty1