If You Wanna Keep Your N7, come in

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mdm23

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
Instead of listening to a bunch of quitters, I wanna here from those not ready to give up. I bought a black Note 7 a few days after launch, lusted for silver, so I traded, and now have a replacement. My wife also had silver but got an S7 edge because she said the Note 7 was too advanced. That makes 4 Note 7's that have passed through my house. Samsung has seemingly tried its best with the recall and many people are showing no patience or understanding. I'd like to rally the Note 7 users that live their phones and don't want an alternative. Samsung must know we exist. I'd take another recall and it wouldn't bother me. I like the phone just that much. I mean look at all the promotional stuff people pocketed only to just turn their backs. Gift cards, sd cards, watches, and gear vr' s.

Misterb

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Instead of listening to a bunch of quitters, I wanna here from those not ready to give up. I bought a black Note 7 a few days after launch, lusted for silver, so I traded, and now have a replacement. My wife also had silver but got an S7 edge because she said the Note 7 was too advanced. That makes 4 Note 7's that have passed through my house. Samsung has seemingly tried its best with the recall and many people are showing no patience or understanding. I'd like to rally the Note 7 users that live their phones and don't want an alternative. Samsung must know we exist. I'd take another recall and it wouldn't bother me. I like the phone just that much. I mean look at all the promotional stuff people pocketed only to just turn their backs. Gift cards, sd cards, watches, and gear vr' s.

It's not about that. Listen, just tonight Samsung released an update for the Gear VR that makes it no longer operable with the Note 7! That's just the beginning, I'm afraid. You can like your phone all you want (I'm right there with you), but if there are forced updates that cripple the phone and/or render it completely inoperable, you're SOL no matter how tough you try to be.

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Alot of us want to keep the phone(I really would love to keep it), but we just don't want to go through the hassle of returning /rebuying again. From the looks of it, it seems that they will no longer be selling this phone and giving it any support. I could care less about upgrading to nougat. If I keep this phone and it breaks what do I do then ? The cell company won't be able to give me the same phone, so there's a chance I'll end up with something different anyway. I might as well give it back now.

Joeykool

Dec 29, 2015
Visit site
I wanted to keep this phone no matter what. It is the first high end phone I ever had and I love it. I am a very stubborn person and was prepared to keep it. But now after everything that is happening I'm convinced it's over. They are going to disable it I fear at some point plus no updates or support. Of something happens to it they are going to say too bad, you should have turned it in. So v20 here I come I guess. :(

hasasimo

May 3, 2014
Visit site
Well, I'm expecting Samsung to probably just shut this thing down for good with a software update in the near future.

However, given that it's "investigating" for now and the phone's obituary hasn't quite been written yet, I'm going to give it a week or two (wishful thinking, I know) in the off chance that they can actually pinpoint a bad batch or two and find that the rest are ok to use.

After said week or two passes, if there's no new information, I'll be returning to my gold S7 Edge, which I haven't given back to T-Mobile yet just in case. It's a terrific phone and I'll still be happy with it, but the Note7 is the best, most beautiful (coral blue/gold ftw), most complete smartphone ever.

This plan is a bit of a risk, but I'm going to give it every last chance before I send it back (or, God forbid, it explodes lol).

Strong_Genetics

Aug 18, 2016
Visit site
Quitters? Its a recall and the phone will have no support....Its about doing whats in your best interest....And dont think for one second they arent cooking up updates to limit the replacements to 60% battery....Then what...

Joeykool

Dec 29, 2015
Visit site
I don't have a spare phone. We just switched to att 11 days ago. That's when I got my n7. I need a phone so I have to hang on to it until the v20 comes out I guess

m3lover1

Trusted Member
May 4, 2010
Visit site
Do that, and you'll likely put yourself at liability if the phone catches fire and you end up burning your face. You won't be able to blame and sue Samsung.
Exactly. I hope Samsung issues a forced update and disables the phone, or all carriers ban note 7 from using their cell service.

fitcherama

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
I shut down my Note 7 last night, gave it a cuddle and a kiss while I wiped it's memory and shed a tear at losing a good friend. I loved my N7. Loved it, but it's going to be withdrawn from sale permanently for sure. Imagine what would happen if just one of the third issue phones combusted? Samsung would be annihilated. They won't risk it. The Note 7 is over. So sad. I'm typing this on an iPhone (the only backup phone available in my household) and a little piece of me is dying...

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site

It's not a matter of quitting. I loved this phone but the stress of using it not worth my sanity. Had the replacement and I traded today for the Note5. Love Samsung and I know they will overcome this.
But I couldn't keep the Note7 with all the current disasters.
Verizon has taken off the shelf. Samsung has requested to power off STOP USING.
Your safety is their priority.

warlocks_x

Oct 11, 2016
Visit site
Well... At the moment im using my N7. its too bad to hear all this and im willing to keep this as well but second thoughts cause im a daily traveler by METRO. i have this scary picture which is my phone starting to burn or spread smoke inside the cabin and im travelling around rush hour so thats the only risk i do not want to take..
But for some what reason still i want to give a chance IF samsung go for another Recall though.....

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I wouldn't call people quitters for valuing safety when the maker of the phone asks you to power it down / turn it in due to a potential fire hazard.

Breuklen

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site
It'll happen sooner than later: someone will keep the Note 7 and cause serious damage to property, or god forbid, people. It is not a joke. It is not a game. Turn in the damn phone and move on. The carriers are. I'm sure the phone will be disabled shortly. And of course, some number of holdouts will sue over some nonsense.

chyeo1979

Jan 19, 2014
Visit site
I just need one official statement from Samsung.

"All the cases are genuine, the replaced phones are still burning up."

Then I will return it and wait for new phone next year.

6uom

Oct 11, 2016
Visit site

I love mine just as much.
Works great, no heat, lag or charging issue. None.
Looks and feel great in the hand (My Silver N7 goes without a case, only a screen protector)
S Pen is simply irreplaceable. Used it 60 to 70% of the time N7 is powered on. Great productivity tool.
And, do I lovvve the camera. Amazing Pics and video. Edit to my heart contents all on N7 with Adobe Lightroom and Adobe Premier Clip. Already ordered "Zhiyun Smooth II" 3-axis gimbal to partner N7 for even more stable video.

I'm keeping mine till Note8 along regardless.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
justinedwards