If You Wanna Keep Your N7, come in

Status
Not open for further replies.

naturecannon

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
If the phones get killed (like ime shut down) before I get a replacement, I am going to wipe my rear with the N7 before it's boxed back up.

I seriously hope we get a shut off notice, it would really suck to be at work using the N7 when the phone signal is killed. Can you imagine the carrier mess/lines if they shut this phone down in a short timeline. I already have 8+ hours at best buy from this N7

athenatp

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I would keep mine too but I think they are going to cripple some how.

I am not keeping mine but will research the phone I want. So until then it's being used or until it becomes obsolete wateva comes first. Hopefully, no more than the next 2 weeks.

treedabl

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
If we have to accept the demise of this phone, can we at least get our panties out of a wad while doing it? I don't need a lecture about the dangers of keeping the phone.

Joeykool

Dec 29, 2015
Visit site
I am not keeping mine but will research the phone I want. So until then it's being used or until it becomes obsolete wateva comes first. Hopefully, no more than the next 2 weeks.

I did my research, I want a v20. Problem is they are not out yet and won't be for a little while

From A Buick 8

Jul 14, 2016
Visit site
Keeping mine, the only way i will stop using it is if they somehow disable it. So come on people spill the beans this is my first Android phone how do i disable the auto updates.

athenatp

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I did my research, I want a v20. Problem is they are not out yet and won't be for a little while
I am looking at V20 so far (but I have nightmares from an old LG phone I had....lol), the Axon 7 or the Moto Z play. I need something with a large screen, supports SD card and greater than 32 gb......no iphone please.
By the way can we pre-order the LG V20? I know right, shouldn't even be talking about "pre-order" right now...lol.

And for now not thinking of an S7 Edge or Note 5, not in the mood to give Samsung more money. And to think I just bought a Samsung washing machine. And I have the Tab S2.

athenatp

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Keeping mine, the only way i will stop using it is if they somehow disable it. So come on people spill the beans this is my first Android phone how do i disable the auto updates.

I don't think it can be disabled, honestly I doubt they will disable them anytime soon. What will probably happen is no support first, no updates for apps and so on. And carriers probably putting a time frame on when phone can be returned.

Joeykool

Dec 29, 2015
Visit site
I am looking at V20 so far (but I have nightmares from an old LG phone I had....lol), the Axon 7 or the Moto Z play. I need something with a large screen, supports SD card and greater than 32 gb......no iphone please.
By the way can we pre-order the LG V20? I know right, shouldn't even be talking about "pre-order" right now...lol.

I had a v10 and loved it until the update which destroyed the battery life and started giving me call issues

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
Havent been in the NOTE Club as long as some of ya'll. The Note 5 was my first and it sure made an impact. Im addicted to Notes. lol. Shoot im officially a samsung sheep. Walked out with my Note 5 and a Tab A w/spen. Within the year of Note 5 release i have purchased 7 other samsung products and received 2 free.

Been watching some comparison videos. The v20 look enticing but how well will it work with my samsung watches? It definitely wont be compatible with my Tab Pro S and samsung flow. Then stuck with a VR because im sure most edge7 users got one free already. cant forget SAMSUNG PAY!

Wouldnt even mind samsung replacing my note 7 with a note 5 as long as its a note im good.
It all depends on your needs. Note5 does not have expandable storage and only 32gb. I was running out of space with barely anything on it. The S7E has the same camera and expandable storage. The V20 I read has pretty bad battery life. I don't care about flipping batteries in and out of my phone. The Pixels has huge bezels and on screen controls that reduces the usable screen size.
I want to keep my Note7 as well, but know that I can't now. There is no other phone out there that I would be excited to get right now.

badMojo69

Apr 26, 2013
Visit site

Wrap it in aluminum foil, put it in the freezer over night, let it sit out for a few hours then you should be good to go. The freezing will disable the chip that receives the updates, but the phone should continue to work just fine. :cool:

treedabl

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
My issue is that there is literally no other phone that I want. I am pretty much married to the Note line and the SPen. I didn't go for the Note 5 because it didn't have an SD card but I had the 2, 3 and 4. I guess I could live without my SPen for a few months but I don't want to get stuck paying for a device that I don't really want for two years.

athenatp

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Ok good just saw on CNN that we have starting October 13th until December 31st to return or exchange the Note 7. Hopefully, carriers will oblige by this.

athenatp

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Wrap it in aluminum foil, put it in the freezer over night, let it sit out for a few hours then you should be good to go. The freezing will disable the chip that receives the updates, but the phone should continue to work just fine. :cool:
No wonder you have a monkey as your avatar....lmao. Too funny.

dsignori

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site

The Pixel XL has 128GB models, but no SD card. Do you need more space than that? That is the phone I am moving to. I pre-ordered one.

ultravisitor

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site

Again, should you do something like that, then you're placing yourself at liability should anything happen and cause harm to you and/or anybody or anything around you. You will not be able to make any claims against Samsung.

Who will you blame at that point?

Status
Not open for further replies.