If You Wanna Keep Your N7, come in

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
6. Devices could be disabled in the near future after the refund period ends

Reposted for emphasis... Keeping the phone for any length of time is a risk... not just because of the battery. At some point, Samsung, retail outlets and carriers may not longer accept them back for refunds and returns. You might be end up with a $850, partially disabled 5.7" WiFi only tablet that is at constant risk of a fire.

Why take that chance?

Strong_Genetics

Aug 18, 2016
Visit site
Maybe Samsung will launch another phone by December 31st and I can switch then.
*Sigh*...Not happening....anything they release in the near future will have to be rigorously checked by the CSPC ...Nothing will come out from them until the S8 around spring ....I know it sucks but choose another device......

dvarapala

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
Wow this is appalling. People it's a phone I guess mainly OP it's a phone and being in denial isn't going to make this issue go away. Just accept it and stop using the N7.

The Note 7 is not "just a phone."

This situation reminds me of the ending scene in "On Her Majesty's Secret Service" - James Bond found the love of his life, they just got married and are driving off into the sunset to begin a long and happy life together, when suddenly she is snatched away from him forever by an assassin's bullet.

NotAnAppleGuy

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
It shocks me to read those who want to sign waivers, assume liability, etc just to use this phone.

Do you REALLY want to be 100% liable for when your phone explodes? What if it happens in a: restaurant, mall, cab, your car, your home, your apartment complex (where others live!), your school, work, etc, etc etc. Your insurance (renters, homeowners, auto) is NOT going to cover losses that occur when the you were TOLD to return the device because it is dangerous. You got deep pockets to pay for those potential lawsuits? What if it explodes while you are driving and you cause a major accident and kill someone? What if it explodes and burns down your apartment complex and kills someone? What if it explodes at 30,000 feet while you're flying (even IF you shut it off, we've seen they self-destruct)? What if you burn down your place of employment? Coworkers will love you won't they?

Think about what you are saying. Be smart. It SUCKS. I wanted this phone so bad.

You mean IF my phone explodes?
If I get a flat tire?
If I get electrocuted plugging an appliance into the wall?
Very big ifs....

mscjr

Mar 27, 2016
Visit site
I'm going to assume anyone I see still using a Note 7 in a week or two stole it, or obtained it through ill means.

It's just a phone.

I get it - we're passionate about technology, we're passionate about the things we like and don't want to be told what to do. Guys, this isn't the hill to die on, it's a flipping cell phone.

Does it suck that the N7 is the most capable Android phone ever produced? Yes... yes it does. But adversity makes room for innovation, give them the room to do it. By stubbornly hanging on to a defective device, you are sending the loud and clear message that "I know it's potentially unsafe, but it's good enough". Is that the message you want to communicate?

Turn it in - get something else - get the new version when it comes out.

It's just a phone.

swarlos

Trusted Member
Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
The Note 7 is not "just a phone."

This situation reminds me of the ending scene in "On Her Majesty's Secret Service" - James Bond found the love of his life, they just got married and are driving off into the sunset to begin a long and happy life together, when suddenly she is snatched away from him forever by an assassin's bullet.

Wow really you're going to compare losing a phone to losing a human being?! Now we've really gone crazy. Get a life.

aggie

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
Wow. Quitters? Samsung wouldn't have self initiated a second "recall" at the cost of billions of dollars if there wasn't a very serious issues. Returning the Note 7 for refund or a replacement device isn't quitting, it's using common sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abdul Ali