Internet browsing while talking?

smithe68

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
Just switched from the GS3 yesterday, on that phone I could talk and surf the internet at the same time on 3G. Looks like you can't do that with the GS4? I did some searching but couldn't find anything related, my google-fu must not be good enough.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
You can only use data with voice while on WiFi or LTE on Sprint.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

This (except for a few phone exceptions). The S3 was different where they added extra hardware to deal with voice and data on 3g (CDMA) but the S4 doesn't have that.. So wifi and LTE are your only options.

Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums.

Last edited:

smithe68

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
Thanks all, like I said my searching skills weren't up to the task. I should have just known. Still love the phone and not going back.

GiantJay

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
This (except for a few phone exceptions). The S3 was different where they added extra hardware to deal with voice and data on 3g (CDMA) but the S4 doesn't have that.. So wifi and LTE are your only options.

The S4 can do 3g data and voice on other carriers just not Sprint.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
The S4 can do 3g data and voice on other carriers just not Sprint.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2

I know this jay.. Reread my post :). I said the S4 (of course we mean for Sprint) can only do voice and data when using Wifi or LTE... Unlike the S3 for Sprint.

I said that because he was saying his S3 used to be able to... Which it could.. But only because it had extra hardware. The S4 doesn't have this so it cannot do voice and data on 3g.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seth59