"I've ordered my Nexus 5X" (Order & Shipping Discussion)

trimfast

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
So after still no movement it took me another web chat session and over 30 mins for the representatives to finally get the google wallet team involved that my payment information was causing a problem. I find it hilarious that we all have to call, or chat in to get any action on anything if it didn't go through smoothly. I now have my phone processing, and should be shipping soon. I guess I will call that a win. However, will have to go through this with the 6P all over again. Yay

SeanFL

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
If it helps anyone, mine changed to shipped yet didn't show a tracking number for about a day and a half. The email finally came and indeed it had shipped the day prior. I'm in Florida, it's arriving tomorrow (Thursday). During the time it said 'processing' there was a hold on my credit card. Then the hold slipped away (they only last for a few days) and there was not a charge shown. I'm sure it will show up with the credit card company shortly.

DWolf1231

Jun 20, 2013
Visit site
You can see the fedex information by using the "Track by Reference #" feature (as opposed to tracking #). Use the part of your order number that comes AFTER the period. That'll tell you if a shipping label has been created well before you receive a shipping e-mail from Google/Fi.

SeanFL

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Ordered about 5 usb type c cables and wanted to share that this one appears to be the nicest now that they have all arrived and are waiting to plug into the 5X.

It has a smaller plastic area right next to the connector and seems very well made. Black & white options, 3 and 6 feet. $9 on amazon. And it might get to you the same day your phone arrives if you order soon :)

Last edited:

Adranalyne

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
I can say that I'd be a little bothered if I ordered on the first day, chose next day shipping, and watched people who ordered it this week get it before me. I ordered on 10/05, cancelled the order, and reordered on 10/11 to change to next day shipping. I already have my phone and that's a slap in the face to those of you who preordered immediately. Hopefully Google is paying attention to this and fixes these issues for their next product launch.

PhiPsi32

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
I didn't place my order until Monday afternoon, October 19th. Just got my shipping notice. Which one of you is going to cry 1st. Try to keep things in perspective. It's just a phone. Next year you'll all be whining about the same thing.

Posted via the Android Central App

I don't look at it as just a phone. It's a symbol of freedom . . . an unlocked phone, compatible with any network, and absent of carrier manipulation. Every phone in the hand of a consumer is a statement that people want something different from the carrier paradigm.

Yeah, so, each 5X is really a little bundle of freedom . . . and that's pretty cool. The fact that it can surf the web and send text messages . . . well that's just a bonus . . . .

[Edited to include Quote]

Last edited:

SaSqUaDgE

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
I can say that I'd be a little bothered if I ordered on the first day, chose next day shipping, and watched people who ordered it this week get it before me. I ordered on 10/05, cancelled the order, and reordered on 10/11 to change to next day shipping. I already have my phone and that's a slap in the face to those of you who preordered immediately. Hopefully Google is paying attention to this and fixes these issues for their next product launch.

I agree, it is a huge slap in the face by Google. I keep seeing people receiving there phones when they ordered them within the last week. It's pretty frustrating actually especially when no one at Google seems to have any answers. My credit card is fine and hasn't had any issues or holds but still nothing. As a developer I was hoping to get it soon to start testing my application on the device since some features don't run well on the emulator. My order number changed from a green color to gray, not sure if that means anything or not. I swear Google hates me.

Zendroid1

Trusted Member
Aug 22, 2011
Visit site

Yep, I had to re-order 2 days ago and I placed my original order within 2 minutes of the ordering going live. My original order wouldn't let me change payment method through their website. It was a Google error (admitted by them) and the only way to fix it was to re-order and lose my spot. They did say so sorry though!

Oct 19, 2015
Visit site
I didn't order on September 29th, and I didn't select one-day shipping; however, I totally understand the frustration of those who did and have still not received their devices.

I would like to add that this seems to be indicative of larger problems with Google's processing of orders. Look at the number of people who have had to diagnose their own paypment problems after no nofication from Google. And while in some cases it appears that Google under-promised, in others it over-promised. What is the point of providing a shipping date if it means nothing? Errors like that either come from ignorace or neglect, and I'm not sure which is worse.

Maybe it simply isn't possible for a company whose basis is ideas and software to perform well when handling an actual physical product.

Bryj91

Oct 15, 2015
Visit site
Contacted the support team AGAIN (4 times, i know its ridiculous). This time they told me there was a hold on my DCthat should be lifted and the phone will ship tomorrow.

rdcamero

Dec 24, 2012
Visit site
I was told the 23rd to.If you ask them why it shows leaves warehouse by 22nd on their store page their only answer is that it may ship sooner.I will be asking for my $18.99 next day shipping back if they miss their date and it drags out over the weekend.
Same here and just talked to a rep, they said it hasn't shipped yet and wasn't planning on it until the 23rd. Even though I ordered 9/30 and next day shipping :(

Bryj91

Oct 15, 2015
Visit site
I agree, it is a huge slap in the face by Google. I keep seeing people receiving there phones when they ordered them within the last week. It's pretty frustrating actually especially when no one at Google seems to have any answers. My credit card is fine and hasn't had any issues or holds but still nothing. As a developer I was hoping to get it soon to start testing my application on the device since some features don't run well on the emulator. My order number changed from a green color to gray, not sure if that means anything or not. I swear Google hates me.

Mine changed from green to gray as well. Weird...

sinatag

Oct 5, 2015
Visit site
I know this has been asked, but does this require signature for delivery? I might not be home tomorrow. I was just thinking of leaving a note on the door....

Adam Zeis

Adminstrator
Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
I know this has been asked, but does this require signature for delivery? I might not be home tomorrow. I was just thinking of leaving a note on the door....

No. Everyone that's mentioned noted they didn't have to sign for it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lawrick