Just got the update? Problems?

tvouge

Feb 9, 2012
Visit site
This is my first "smart phone", and I've never had to back anything up before. I have never even backed up anything on my laptop....lol. When you backup your phone, where does the info/data go? All of my music/photos are on my SD card and I don't have many Contacts, but I believe they are backed up on the "backup assistant plus". How do you retrieve your contacts from b.a.p. after the FDR? I can just pull my SD card with no worries about that, just not sure how to get my contacts back. I can just spend some time during the weekend getting the rest of the phone back to where I want it. Just want to know I can get my Contacts back and do you have to install KitKat again after the FDR? Thanks!!

Your contacts should be linked with your Google account--- you won't have to do anything to get them back. Just log in with your google password during the setup. You won't have to pull the SD card either--- a FDR doesn't touch it, just the internal memory. The FDR essentially formats your internal memory, then installs a fresh and clean ROM. Since you're on kit Kat, that's what it gives you. So you won't have to redownload it and go through all this trouble again. :)

Posted via Android Central App

angermgmt20

Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
Your contacts should be linked with your Google account--- you won't have to do anything to get them back. Just log in with your google password during the setup. You won't have to pull the SD card either--- a FDR doesn't touch it, just the internal memory. The FDR essentially formats your internal memory, then installs a fresh and clean ROM. Since you're on kit Kat, that's what it gives you. So you won't have to redownload it and go through all this trouble again. :)

Posted via Android Central App
Thanks, I'll probably try it out tomorrow. The wierd thing about the volume with my music is that it seems like the music I downloaded onto my SD card from my computer that was copied from my CD to a Windows Lossless Audo files, seem to be the ones that have lost volume. The ones that were MP3 files seem to be the way they were before the KitKat update. Not sure if it has anything to do with it, but, we'll see.

Kronko

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
My cell is getting hot and getting the warning message. Also, the 4G at home was great before latest Kitkat update, now it is unstable. :(

Leo G

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
I just had a "hot" event. Internal temp on a few different apps said 102F. Since wakelock no longer functions I couldn't see what was causing it. But Battery Monitor Widget had the current at 2.6A (2600ma) and my battery went from 75% to 40% in about 10 minutes. I did a reboot and that didn't fix it. I did a battery pull and then a cache clear and that seemed to work. First time since I've owned the phone I've had a heat issue.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cottoneyejoe