Latest dTor Torrent Client Available

BluePLanetMan

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
Major version update for dTor. This release includes a Widget to control on/off and speed. Also, lots of fixes (hopefully!) that caused users some issues with FC. As usual is you have any problems please post them to support@blueplanetapps.com and we will get right back to you.
*** 8/27/2010 Added Flurry and other fixes...****
If you got it on the Marketplace an update was just pushed out, if you downloaded it elsewhere you can use this link:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/8467940/dTor v1.2.0.102.apk

If you still have issues or if you notice other bugs please let us know right away either here or at support@blueplanetapps.com

Admin
BluePlanetApps, LLC
Blue Planet Apps
Twitter: @blueplanetapps

Last edited:
Reactions: theresa.marie

BluePLanetMan

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
Lesson learned... Never release an update when you won't be at a computer for a few hours no matter how good you think it is. Test test and test... then release and watch watch watch...

theoverdrive

Banned
May 21, 2010
Visit site
Well, it doesn't force close any more at the licensing prompt.

Unfortunately, my trial license expired weeks ago, which apparently prevents me from using the app at all.

SeeK

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
I just bought it so I could try it out some more. :)

The app itself is working fine, only glitch I've found is that the menus sometimes freeze up when I start/stop a torrent. Main problem at this point is that the torrents get an error and won't start.

Keep up the good work though, I see a lot of potential in this. Downloading torrents on my phone'll be quite handy.

EDIT: When pressing Delete torrent + data, it freezes up for a few seconds and then FCs. Is there any way I can give you more information on this, some sort of error reporting?

wrxdrunkie

May 20, 2010
Visit site
Ok so this app is awesome so far, I have some other torrent app that I paid for and it does not even come close to this one in my first 5 minutes with dtor.

Its downloading over 4g right now at about 100kbps. Downloading last nights entourage episode right now, we will see how it works.

BluePLanetMan

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
I just bought it so I could try it out some more. :)

The app itself is working fine, only glitch I've found is that the menus sometimes freeze up when I start/stop a torrent. Main problem at this point is that the torrents get an error and won't start.

Keep up the good work though, I see a lot of potential in this. Downloading torrents on my phone'll be quite handy.

EDIT: When pressing Delete torrent + data, it freezes up for a few seconds and then FCs. Is there any way I can give you more information on this, some sort of error reporting?

Actually there is. You can download a free app called Log Collector, run dTor and do what you did to cause the issue, then send us the log to support@blueplanetapps.com

We are aware of some stability issues in the torrent listing section and we are looking at ways to fix this. We will get it working well, its a complex problem.

BluePLanetMan

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
Ok so this app is awesome so far, I have some other torrent app that I paid for and it does not even come close to this one in my first 5 minutes with dtor.

Its downloading over 4g right now at about 100kbps. Downloading last nights entourage episode right now, we will see how it works.

Thanks for the comment. Let us know if you run into anything unusual. Without good feedback we can't fix the problems.

Ya gotta love the people that download the app, have a problem and without ever contacting us, immediately post a poor review lol. Oh well. Anyway, happy hunting.

-Jason

curney

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
how long should something sit in the queue before it starts downloading assuming there are seeders?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

curney

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
Also, does this work with private trackers? I have logged into the site I like to dl from using the browser and it will load the torrent but no data comes through. There were hundreds of seeders for the two I tried. Thx.

SeeK

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
Actually there is. You can download a free app called Log Collector, run dTor and do what you did to cause the issue, then send us the log to support@blueplanetapps.com

We are aware of some stability issues in the torrent listing section and we are looking at ways to fix this. We will get it working well, its a complex problem.
Will do. :) I'll play around with it some more later today. I have to say, you did a great job with the UI, very sleek. I'll get back to you with the logs later. ;)

SeeK

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
Just got back from work and tried loading up a new torrent - works great! I'm not seeing any mind-blowing speeds, but I'm pretty sure that's more of a port forwarding issue. I can't seem to get the port open, even though it's forwarded to my phone in my WiFi. My router's crap though. Will have to try it on WCDMA tomorrow, will be interesting. :)

Question - is there any particular reason for dTor using port 6881 by default? I'm not up to speed on common ports these days. ;)

EDIT: The connection appears to cease whenever the phone sleeps. An option in the settings to prevent this might be a good addition. ;)

Last edited:

BluePLanetMan

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
how long should something sit in the queue before it starts downloading assuming there are seeders?

Mobile Wireless is different than your desktop PC, so even with a torrent that has lots of seeds it can take a little longer to build up some steam. Usually if it is healthy it will kick off fairly quickly, I have seen it start right away, and I have also waited quite a while for some reason I am still looking into. Seems to change depending on where I am located. Also, we are creating far less threads and using far less power than a normal desktop would, but that is the nature of the beast.

-Jason

BluePLanetMan

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
Just got back from work and tried loading up a new torrent - works great! I'm not seeing any mind-blowing speeds, but I'm pretty sure that's more of a port forwarding issue. I can't seem to get the port open, even though it's forwarded to my phone in my WiFi. My router's crap though. Will have to try it on WCDMA tomorrow, will be interesting. :)

Question - is there any particular reason for dTor using port 6881 by default? I'm not up to speed on common ports these days. ;)

EDIT: The connection appears to cease whenever the phone sleeps. An option in the settings to prevent this might be a good addition. ;)

Its an odd thing... I have noticed on my Moto Droid (Running Froyo 2.2, Chevy SS4.6) that I get faster speeds on 3G than I do on WiFi, not just sometimes but most of the time. I cannot explain it myself....

-Jason

BluePLanetMan

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
Also, does this work with private trackers? I have logged into the site I like to dl from using the browser and it will load the torrent but no data comes through. There were hundreds of seeders for the two I tried. Thx.

Currently only ISOHUNT is built in. We have a much earlier version with a load of built in sites and a way to add your own, but we stripped it out during debugging after the RC release. Right now it operates well on most platforms, but some people still have issues, so when we get it more stable on more devices we can introduce that back into the software. It's done, just needs to be added.

-Jason

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ukfred