dTor v1.0RC2 Native Torrent Client Available

DemonI81

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
"Buy" button works fine, as does "Cancel". "Unlock" does not however, keeps force closing: Motorola DROID, 2.1.

A great idea, just seems as though it's still in the alpha, possibly beta, stage, definitely not in the RC stage.

slthree

Dec 16, 2009
Visit site
Fair warning to my friends at Android Central.

Take a close look at what this developer says and my response. There are too many good developers out there to support one like this.

You will get a good sense of who and what he is by reading this and the entire thread it came from.

I'm not asking you to take sides or even comment. But, you deserve to know what your dealing with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluePLanetMan
Well, I have to take issue with this moronic statement. Normally I would not respond, but we have been working our butts off to get this software working well on all platforms and variations.

If you would like I can show this forum your correspondence with us and our response. As a beta tester, you submitted information and ultimately gave us a log of your device which was giving you issues. That was all information we needed from you and until we needed something further or until you had something new to share with us, no further contact was required. I don't understand why you think that we are supposed to email you and work with you on a constant basis to get obviously buggy software running on just your device? We have to work to support everyones device. I thanked you very much for your input and your time and that is exactly what a beta tester is supposed to do. It sounds to me like your more upset that you gave you time and effort and did not get some free software out of it that you thought would work right out of the gate. I have no problem giving away free software to those that help us, but your reaction is a little off the reservation.

We are putting out updates of the software almost every business day. The only day my programmers get off is Sat and Sun and I expect another release to go out today. I personally respond to EVERY email that comes in to the company. I make a point of doing this. Sure, at some point it will hopefully become impossible to keep that up, but right now I can do that, which is how I know exactly what our conversations were.

Regardless of what you think, we are going to resolve these pressing issues, and put out a quality product. However, one thing I would suggest, if your going to help a developer test software that is buggy and needing "testing", that is a great HELP to developers and you should expect NOTHING in return except some free software, eventually. But, posting crap like this in public forums with information that is total nonsense does nothing but hurt the developer and you.

Thanks again for your support.

Jason
President
Blue Planet App, LLC
Blue Planet Apps Website
@blueplanetapps

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Isn't it funny that you choose NOW to finally reply to me. I tell the TRUTH about my experience with you and it appears the TRUTH hurt you enough to force you to communicate.

You want to do this publically? Fine, let's do it.

I have beta tested for numerous developers across numerous platforms and the only thing I expect is good COMMUNICATION.

I wished you well with your product and have the emails to prove it. I am doing you a favor when I test a product because I am the one who suffers the crashes, force closes, and possibility of bricking my very expensive phone, albeit remote.

As previously stated, you started by responding to me and gradually just stopped. After I sent you the first log, you responded. We were having a "conversation". But, when you could not fix the problem you chose to RUN and HIDE. That's not a quality that most beta testers are looking for in a developer.

And, while we're at it, Being deceptive is also not a quality we like in developers.You lied to me when you said that I was the "only one" who couldn't get the program to open/work. Soon after that, numerous people reported they could not get the program to work.

In fact, I asked for anyone to come forward and testify that it worked, seeing that you claimed mine was the "only" one not working. What a shock when numerous people confirmed you to be a liar when they stated they too could not get the program to work.

Arrogant developers who fail to communicate and who lie on message boards will not get very far.

Clearly, you don't follow the business model of the developers who have droves of loyal customers. Like many others, there are a handful of developers I will buy anything from because they support their product, speak truthfully, and communicate liberally.

Lastly, I find your comment that posts like this hurt the developer and me to be comical. I agree wholeheartedly that telling the TRUTH about you can, and should do damage to you. There are a lot of smart, discerning consumers here. But, as far as hurting me... well, that's just absurd. I don't develop apps for devices for a living.

The only thing you have done by making that statement is to further reveal to the community what you really are and how you really feel about those who test for you. You are actually the first developer I have tested for that has basically revealed to a community that they are nothing more than "walking dollar signs".

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
Fair warning to my friends at Android Central.

Take a close look at what this developer says and my response. There are too many good developers out there to support one like this.

You will get a good sense of who and what he is by reading this and the entire thread it came from.

I'm not asking you to take sides or even comment. But, you deserve to know what your dealing with.

Silthee, since this app is in beta, if you are dissatisfied with it, I would suggest not participating. Your feelings about the developer and your dissatisfaction has been made clear in this and previous threads.

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
Has the developer asked you to silence me? And, is that what your doing?

No the developer has not asked me to silence you, but you are repeating yourself and your point has been made. It is now to the point that you are in violation of the following forum rule:

Taking Threads Off Topic - (aka Thread Crapping) While the interplay of a conversation on these forums will naturally wander, users must not intentionally try to derail a thread from its original topic.
In addition, we do not want to discourage developers from actively participating in the forums. This developer could just publish an app and never solicit feedback, but instead has chosen to support it through this forum.

BluePLanetMan

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
An updated version of dTor will be along today. RC4 will be out on this forum in about two hours. We added a notification icon to let users know that dTor is active.

In the meantime for those of you running RC3, you can try to change the following settings:
Max Threads =1
Max Downloads per Torrent =1
Max Uploads = 0
Max uploads per Torrent = 0

This should help resolve issues with FC and the app slowing the phone down. The default settings of 4 for each of the above were much too high and as a result the phone was trying to use too many resources to download torrents.

Let me know if this has any effect.