Launcher question.

TimV28

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
I finally got my phone rooted with s-off. I was able to install the venisaur 3.1 Rom and I really like it except for one thing. The launcher scrolls left to right. Is there a launcher I can install that scrolls up and down?

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Android Central Forums

MrSmith317

Mr Fix-It
Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
Almost all of the replacement launchers give you the option to change the app drawer scroll direction. Sense 4.0(and I think all Sense ROMs) scroll horizontally.

Two popular launchers for ICS: Apex, Nova.

twolastnames

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
If your using a replacement.... why not just stick with sense 3.6? The point of sense 4 is the home screen right? 3.6 works better right now anywho. Not that 4 is bad, that's what I'm using ATM, but I can't justify using a buggy rom for something I'm not gonna use.

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
The ROM isn't buggy first off.

My use of the launcher is mostly because I can have a bunch of scrollable docks thus eliminating all icons on my home screen.

I also like to customizing several aspects of the launcher....

TimV28

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
I like all the other features of the rom and of sense 4.0 just not the horizontal launcher. But I think i am just going to deal with it

lpt2569

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
Is there a way to use the FriendStream Widget with Apex launcher? I have not been able to figure it out yet. I'm running the latest ICS leak, locked device, if that matters.

I really like Apex launcher, it is definitely a better replacement for Launcher Pro Plus, which has always been my favorite because of the Twitter and Facebook Widgets. Thanks in advance.

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
You and I are on the same paths here. Apex is better than lpp but no widgets.

The.explanations I got was that the.widgets are integrated into sense and not separate apks. Once you take sense out of the equation, you lose the widgets. I was going to look for some after flashing pkman last night but that ended up being a bust and I did not get around to it.

Rezound via Tapatalk 2

lpt2569

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
Thanks, I kinda figured that to be the case. Any suggestions on a good app that is similar to the friendstream widget or the lpp widgets? I've tried a few, none really float my boat.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

lpt2569

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
When I get home from work I am going to dive into that same problem but right now I do not have.a solution

Rezound via Tapatalk 2

Checkout Android Pro Widgets (APW) from the Play Store. Widgets exactly like the ones used in LPP. But they work with any launcher...stock or 3rd party.

I think I found my solution so I can use Apex now.

JustSomeDudeHere

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
Checkout Android Pro Widgets (APW) from the Play Store. Widgets exactly like the ones used in LPP. But they work with any launcher...stock or 3rd party.

I think I found my solution so I can use Apex now.

The other great thing about APW is all the themes from launcherpro work with them (in the paid version).

fischdl

May 31, 2012
Visit site
I've been using Go Launcher EX for a few years on my DX. I installed on the Rez and like how customized it is (app doc expecially) anyone know of a good reason not to use it? at least until ICS (have apex on my acer tablet and like it).

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lawrick