LG G4 AT&T Marshmallow update

lostchild

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
So after the update, my phone went from being at about 90% after 8 hours to under 40% after 8 hours of standby at work. I finally did a FDR and now it is at about 75% after 8 hours of standby.

So far the most annoying part is not the battery but the permission thing every time you install an app. You have to manually grant each permission. I want an option to grant all permission asked by the app and not have to worry about it just like before. And also now you have to turn off every app' overlay permission when you install a new app. I have no idea what that is but some app randomly turns it on. and if you install another app you have to turn it back off.

AustinTechie

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
Does WiFi seem flaky to anyone else? Seems like I'm dropping connections that I never used to Ave problems with. And yes - I already did a FDR

Posted via the Android Central App

My WiFi turns itself off all of the time...not sure if that is because of flaky signal lock or what, but it is a pain.

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Well it's been 3 weeks now and MM has settled in very nicely on my G4. Battery life has now improved a bit over Lollipop, mostly due to Doze and less standby drain. I haven't monitored it close enough to know the exact stats, but I'd say my standby drain has dropped by at least 25%. I've had a couple of Apps go rogue and cause heavy drain for no reason, once with my Sonos App, when I wasn't even home or anywhere near my wifi network, and once with the ESPN App. But outside of those two instances I haven't had any other drain problems.

The only bug I've run into is sometimes after unlocking the phone my screen will be completely frozen and I cannot interact with it at all. Hitting the power button to turn the screen off, then again to turn it on unfreezes it. I'm still trying to determine what I do exactly when it happens, as it's very infrequent and usually by the time it happens I've forgotten to be looking for it.

On the whole I'm very happy with how my G4 is running.

Last edited:

gendo667

Trusted Member
Jun 6, 2015
Visit site
The only bug I've run into is sometimes after unlocking the phone my screen will be completely frozen and I cannot interact with it at all. Hitting the power button to turn the screen off, then again to turn it on unfreezes it. I'm still trying to determine what I do exactly when it happens, as it's very infrequent and usually by the time it happens I've forgotten to be looking for it.

On the whole I'm very happy with how my G4 is running.

Funny, my G4 did this from time to time in Lollipop. Haven't seen it since the update to MM. Weird.

syazanazakaria12

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I updated to marshmallow yesterday morning. Everything was fine at first. The touch screen became more sensitive. But late last night, my handphone couldn't be switched on, til now. Went to LG service center, they said there was some problem with the hardware.

Anyone had the same problem?

njr104

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Yes I had the same headphone problem both plugin and Bluetooth until I made the first phone call.

Posted via the Android Central App

Lisandro Reynoso

Feb 9, 2016
Visit site
Guys I was able to update my phone not having an AT&T SIM CARD! I had to use a captured OTA URL.

I will write about the process in another thread. Thank you all. Special thanks to @troshs

Lisandro Reynoso

Feb 9, 2016
Visit site
Regarding my experience with G4 on Marshmallow so far, I love it!! Now I like my G4 even more! Faster, smoother and more responsive. The battery is a little worse right now, but I'm sure it will get better. No big deal.

But THE ONLY THING THAT BOTHERS ME now is a little bug on the lockscreen: It happens when I have my knock code put on and Smart Lock activated (my usual combination).

When Smart Lock recognizes my face and unlocks my G4 (then I need to swipe) the swipe animation (like "Hula Hula") now SHOWS THE INTERIOR BLACK.

Before it used to show part of my homescreen and icons like this:
Screenshot_2015-07-29-19-25-18.jpg

Now it shows everything dark in the interior. No icons or home screen. Just black lol. Anybody else with the same problem?

Last edited:

frope01

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
For a couple weeks now ever since the Marshmallow update, I've been having an issue with my drop-down notification shade. It only stays down for 2 or 3 seconds then pops back up on it's own. Extremely frustrating. I've recently discovered it will stay down if an app is open. Any app. If I'm on the homescreen or the app drawer though, it will pop back up in a couple seconds. Is it only me?

gant77

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
I thought it had already been released and was now on Nougat. I am so happy that I am wrong! I had been on AT&T for over a decade and due to unforseen circumstances I had to go to MetroPCS in 2015. I must've been living under a rock because I didn't know AT&T would let you BYOD so when i found out, I went there yesterday to get the AT&TGO $45 plan and I asked the person helping me if there were any updates I needed and he replied he didn't know what what the current version was nor if there were any upcoming updates. It was an authorized dealer, but still, know your damn product.
Anyway it was like Christmas morning when I saw the "Update Available" notification and started the download right away. The odd thing is that it's downloaded and run the update 3 times now since last night, possibly more. It just did it again at 4:15 pm PST. Anyone else having that issue? Is it even an issue or is it because I had gone almost 2 years between updates? Thank you in advance for any info!

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hapily02