LG G4 AT&T Marshmallow update

frope01

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
So far I've only noticed one annoyance. The performance is great otherwise. My notification shade pops back up on its own VERY QUICKLY. So quickly I can't even scroll through all of my notifications.
Update: The problem is gone now, just as mysteriously as it appeared. I disabled and deleted some bloatware. Not sure if that had anything to do with it. All is great in G4 land again. If only someone else had the video chat capability who I talk to. In time that'll be a nice feature.

Im Broken

Jun 5, 2015
Visit site
Does WiFi seem flaky to anyone else? Seems like I'm dropping connections that I never used to Ave problems with. And yes - I already did a FDR

Posted via the Android Central App

Lisandro Reynoso

Feb 9, 2016
Visit site
troshs- Sorry to disturb you again. But I'm not getting the update at all!

I contacted LG and they just told me to contact AT&T. More than a week has passed and I know my phone one from the first months.

Will unlocked AT&T G4 ever get the update outside of the U.S? T,T

RapidTurtle

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
Battery used to be good, now I only get half a day with light usage, and my wifi locks up now. I wish I had waited for the update, or skipped it all together.

fotyc

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
It seems to me that for a couple of days my battery life seemed worse, then it suddenly improved. This may be because Doze is starting to operate. It would be especially helpful if it would doze while on my desk at work - there, it seems to have to work so hard to get a connection that it runs down fast.

Still have not found the System UI tweak thing that you're supposed to get if you press and hold the settings gear wheel. Maybe AT&T killed that.

Im Broken

Jun 5, 2015
Visit site
Battery used to be good, now I only get half a day with light usage, and my wifi locks up now. I wish I had waited for the update, or skipped it all together.

Same here. WiFi issue is pissing me off. Might try a FDR again tonight :/

RapidTurtle

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
Did anyone do the FDR and have it help the battery and WiFi issues? Just curious, because I thought my battery did better yesterday, but I didn't really use WiFi much. Wondering if a FDR is worth it?

Im Broken

Jun 5, 2015
Visit site
I did a FDR a few days ago and didn't restore from my Google backup. Went fresh with everything. So far it seems OK but i haven't used it much. I did have the 8 ball pool app close on me once for no reason. :/

ericmartin152

Jun 8, 2011
Visit site
I have an unlocked AT&T LG G4 H810 that I use on Cricket Wireless. I still have not received the Marshmallow update. I am still on LMY47D. Anyone else like this? Wonder how long it will take?

Im Broken

Jun 5, 2015
Visit site
Yea. This update sucks. WiFi is flaky. Apps stop with error messages for no reason. Battery sucks. And worst of all my Gmail isn't pushing right. I have done 3 FDR's. The latest I rebuilt from scratch - no restore from Google. I will wake up, surf chrome a little, play a game or two, repeat this throughout the day, then get on my Chromebook and see I have messages that were delivered at 3 or 4 am. I'm assuming doze has kicked in and they didn't push bright away but once I wake up the phone in should get a notification, right? I'm talking 8 hours with no notification and no doze that whole time because I'm using the phone. I had no problems like these at all before the update.

Im Broken

Jun 5, 2015
Visit site
I'm irritated by this update to say the least. My latest attempt to get things smooth was an FDR with no google restore. Everything clean. Apps still stop for no apparent reason upon opening them and wifi and bluetooth are flaky. This phone ran peeerfect before the update. 11/15 build too. No MB issues.

tdr01

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
I have cricket as well and I'm glad I don't have the update yet because there is too many upset people with marshmallow and I don't wanna be added to that list right now

gendo667

Trusted Member
Jun 6, 2015
Visit site
Re: LG G4 AT&T Marshmallow update

I have cricket as well and I'm glad I don't have the update yet because there is too many upset people with marshmallow and I don't wanna be added to that list right now

I got the update on T-Mobile last week and it's been fantastic. On Lollipop, with everything disabled, my G4 felt like my old Nexus 5. Now on Marshmallow and my phone seems even better. More responsive. No issues at all. Great experience.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Justices777