LG's bootloop issue?

venom0706

Jan 18, 2015
Visit site
I've never owned an LG phone, but V30 really got my attention for future considerations.

However, I've heard that some of LG's phones have a bootloop issue, particularly the G4. Can anyone elaborate if this has been present in G5, G6, V20 and whether you think it might be a potential issue with V30?

Thank you!

dov1978

Trusted Member
Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
You're safe. I had the G5 and G6 and they were flawless but also they've not had any reported widespread bootloop issues either so I'd say they've proved themselves to be well over that hiccup

gendo667

Trusted Member
Jun 6, 2015
Visit site
You're safe. I had the G5 and G6 and they were flawless but also they've not had any reported widespread bootloop issues either so I'd say they've proved themselves to be well over that hiccup
Agreed. I had a boot looped G4 and also owned a G5. The G5 was a fantastic device. You can Google any phone name with the words "boot loop" behind them and get plenty of results. There were no widespread issues with the G5/G6 runs.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
I've never owned an LG phone, but V30 really got my attention for future considerations.

However, I've heard that some of LG's phones have a bootloop issue, particularly the G4. Can anyone elaborate if this has been present in G5, G6, V20 and whether you think it might be a potential issue with V30?

Thank you!

Old news that keeps rearing its head. The chronic bootloops stopped with the V10.

Randy Ohio

Feb 14, 2017
Visit site
But the Phone Idle issue that sucks the life out of your battery keeps rearing it's ugly head all the way through the G6. Everyone blames wifi, screen brightness, etc. LGs phones suck 4 or 5 times more than others for this basic task. They say it's the carriers. The carriers say it's LG. NO more replaceable battery anymore as a work around. Better have one long damned extension cord everywhere you go!!!

gendo667

Trusted Member
Jun 6, 2015
Visit site
But the Phone Idle issue that sucks the life out of your battery keeps rearing it's ugly head all the way through the G6. Everyone blames wifi, screen brightness, etc. LGs phones suck 4 or 5 times more than others for this basic task. They say it's the carriers. The carriers say it's LG. NO more replaceable battery anymore as a work around. Better have one long damned extension cord everywhere you go!!!
I had absolutely no battery issues with my G5.

dov1978

Trusted Member
Oct 22, 2012
Visit site

Had zero issues with the G6 battery. It was practically the same SOT as my Galaxy s8 even with Always On Display cranked up on extra brightness 24/7. The battery on my G5 wasn't great but the battery was tiny on that.

Mikie Kyes

Oct 27, 2014
Visit site
The only phone I have had made by LG, before my V20, was a Nexus 4, which had an issue with boot loop when I paused a reset and then it was stuck in a boot loop which was my fault

eshropshire

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
People just like to be like everyone else and repeat the same stories lol
What stories I know several people who had G4s that bootlooped. My co-worker had two G4s that bootlooped. I never met anyone with a V10 so I can't comment on V10 issues.

I have never heard of bootloops on G5s, V20s or G6s. I am sure there will be no bootloop issues with the V30. I do think it is time to move on. LG'S current phones Do Not Have Bootloop issues.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
What stories I know several people who had G4s that bootlooped. My co-worker had two G4s that bootlooped. I never met anyone with a V10 so I can't comment on V10 issues.

I have never heard of bootloops on G5s, V20s or G6s. I am sure there will be no bootloop issues with the V30. I do think it is time to move on. LG'S current phones Do Not Have Bootloop issues.
What he's getting at is everyone repeating the old stories about the G4 and V10 as if they apply to current phones. Yes, they had problems with bootloops in the past, but it's been fixed and there's a lot of people that seem to think otherwise.

Randy Ohio

Feb 14, 2017
Visit site
For everyone claiming to have good battery life, please check how jmuch battery is being consumed by Phone idle. You might be surprised how much better it could be.

jlost

Trusted Member
Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
What he's getting at is everyone repeating the old stories about the G4 and V10 as if they apply to current phones. Yes, they had problems with bootloops in the past, but it's been fixed and there's a lot of people that seem to think otherwise.
This is 100% correct lol

Tsparrow

Sep 13, 2017
Visit site
My last 3 phones were LG's and I loved them. To me they have the best camera. My last phone was a V10 and 3 months ago during an update it was struck with the bootloop issue. Right now I have a G4 so far so good at least til my contract is up in December then I plan on getting the V30. I hope the bootloop is a thing of the past. I've just learned to always backup your info because with technology there's always a new glitch lurking.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TechBro