M31 wrong battery remaining charge time and whatsapp eating battery

Zahra Nazim

Jul 10, 2019
Visit site
I bought the phone two months ago it was on Android 10 it got an android 11 upgrade everything fell apart my battery was being sucked up by WhatsApp and my charge time has messed up it say 50mins until full 80 to 100 fast charge enabled and it says 99percent 20mins remaining when actually it takes 3 mins

Zahra Nazim

Jul 10, 2019
Visit site
Its me again forgot to log in I bought the phone two months ago it was on Android 10 it got an android 11 upgrade everything fell apart my battery was being sucked up by WhatsApp and my charge time has messed up it say 50mins until full 80 to 100 fast charge enabled and it says 99percent 20mins remaining when actually it takes 3 mins I tried clearing cache and another of times ot didn't work so please help me before 80 to 100 was only 15 or 20 mins in real time and on the screen too please answer me

Please do reply

Last edited by a moderator:

Zahra Nazim

Jul 10, 2019
Visit site
Does this also happen in Safe mode https://www.hardreset.info/devices/samsung/samsung-galaxy-m31/safe-mode whatsapp i fixed with sleep mode but my remaining charge time what can I do about that I tried *#0228# at 3 percent then drained it to 0 and charged it back to 100 no luck still says 50 mins until full from 80 to 100 I never tried calibration since its new except for once

There was one thread which said that the charging time gets disrupted my updates but they said clearing cache works I tried but no luck it still the same and that's the only thing I can find on the Internet related to this issue

One thing it takes 2 hour 40 mins to charge fully with fast charge enabled it only happens once it said on the remaining charge time 2 hours 20 mins at 1 percent so I think fast charging might have something to do with it haven't tried regular charging yet

Zahra Nazim

Jul 10, 2019
Visit site
I'm not clear what your saying , you tried what I mentioned?

Yes I have tried I found a temporary fix for whatsapp to put it in sleeping apps it works in the background but it cut my usage in half so until whatsapp fixes the issue I'll use this but I can't figure out a way to fix remaining charge time

I might not reply to post for a bit but please keep on replying I'll keep on peaking throughout

Zahra Nazim

Jul 10, 2019
Visit site
When you say you tried clearing cache, do you mean wiping the cache partition?

Yeah I mean clearing cache and it did not help every 5 days I may do it but no luck I have a thing it must be with fast charging

One thing it takes 2 hour 40 mins to charge fully with fast charge enabled it only happens once it said on the remaining charge time 2 hours 20 mins at 1 percent so I think fast charging might have something to do with it haven't tried regular charging yet

I might have fast charge as an issue pls read this

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Please understand that this is a community forum, not an official help line. We are all unpaid volunteers and are not standing by 24 hours a day to answer questions immediately.

It's a bit difficult to understand what the charging issue is, since what you say doesn't entirely make sense to me. Are you saying that the estimated time to full charge that the phone is reporting is not correct?

Zahra Nazim

Jul 10, 2019
Visit site
Please understand that this is a community forum, not an official help line. We are all unpaid volunteers and are not standing by 24 hours a day to answer questions immediately.

It's a bit difficult to understand what the charging issue is, since what you say doesn't entirely make sense to me. Are you saying that the estimated time to full charge that the phone is reporting is not correct?
Ok sorry for the time I didn't really know about that but yeah I am talking about the remaining charge time

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
You're using the official Samsung charger and cable that came with the phone?

Did you buy the phone brand new, or from someone else? Do you know if the phone has been rooted?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MansiDaware