M31 wrong battery remaining charge time and whatsapp eating battery

Zahra Nazim

Jul 10, 2019
Visit site
I bought the phone two months ago it was on Android 10 it got an android 11 upgrade everything fell apart my battery was being sucked up by WhatsApp and my charge time has messed up it say 50mins until full 80 to 100 fast charge enabled and it says 99percent 20mins remaining when actually it takes 3 mins

Zahra Nazim

Jul 10, 2019
Visit site
Try also cleaning out the phone's charging port, using a dry toothbrush.

No change tried clearing it nothing came out only charge time went from 3hr 20 mins to exactly 3 hours so 20 mins is not ok it need to be 2hours 40mins also should I do this Note: I used a real clock not the phone clock also phone estimate charge time is as usual the same and Guys one more discovery I made should I use *#0228# then drain my phone to 0 turn it on constantly until it dies and won't turn on then plug it in untouched overnight then in the morning I'll take the charger out restart it then plug the charger in again and keep on restarting until it is 100 even after a restart then allow it to drain to 0 (should I still turn it on or not until it dies?) Then I will fully charge it too 100 (should i do the same thing as I mentioned above?) Any confusion please reply I will explain

Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Did you buy the phone brand new or used/refurbished? If it was brand new, then I think the next step is a factory reset. If the charging time is still too slow, then contact Samsung, since it should still be under warranty.

Zahra Nazim

Jul 10, 2019
Visit site
Did you buy the phone brand new or used/refurbished? If it was brand new, then I think the next step is a factory reset. If the charging time is still too slow, then contact Samsung, since it should still be under warranty.

Factory reset it is then but as I told they said 100dollars so no I'll try factory reset first

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
They told you it's $100 for warranty service? If it's a defect, that's supposed to be 100% covered by the warranty. Or are they just offering to replace the battery?

Zahra Nazim

Jul 10, 2019
Visit site
They told you it's $100 for warranty service? If it's a defect, that's supposed to be 100% covered by the warranty. Or are they just offering to replace the battery?

They said we will change three ICS which cause the issue but when I reset the phone thank God so much and you guys for the advice it is as good as new all issues have been fixed I used smart switch downloaded the software new I didn't use Odin since I was thinking it'll fail or void warranty and my experience with 2 other phones was also bad with Odin. This time I chose smartswitch so after the reset wow I am impressed that even minor issue like fingerprint was resolved thank you so much!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Coongameb52