Mobile Network Signal / Mobile Data

tyrntlzrdking

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Since I was staying home and using WiFi, I turned off my "Mobile Data" hoping to save some battery.

When I check my battery, it shows "Mobile Network Signal" on all the time. Does this mean the "Mobile Data" off option is not working or is "Mobile Network Signal" something different?

dr3wo0.png

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Since I was staying home and using WiFi, I turned off my "Mobile Data" hoping to save some battery.

When I check my battery, it shows "Mobile Network Signal" on all the time. Does this mean the "Mobile Data" off option is not working or is "Mobile Network Signal" something different?

http://i47.tinypic.com/dr3wo0.png

Are you turning off your data? Because it does look like it's on all the time.

tyrntlzrdking

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Are you turning off your data? Because it does look like it's on all the time.

Yes. Mobile Data is turned off.
I also notice (looking at the graph) the "Mobile Network Signal" seems to get better or stronger when I wake up the phone, turning WiFi on. (even though Mobile Data is off).

Last edited:

tyrntlzrdking

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone else show Mobile Network Signal strength on the battery graph when Mobile Data is turned off?

I am going to guess that turning off Mobile Data, does not turn an antenna off, but only stops phone from using any mobile data.?

tat21985

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
Ok, I always dismissed this as a flaw of my phone, but I am SO glad someone else is seeing this.. I run wifi about 90% of the time, and I of course shut off mobile data. For as long as I have wifi on, the mobile network signal is consistent, but when I switch off of wifi and go to 4G, the mobile network signal is intermittent at best, even though I never lose signal.. :confused:

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
I always thought mobile network signal was just how many bars you had. Was I wrong?

Sent from my Galaxy S3

Sprint doesn't show bars for data signal strength. It just shows 3g with arrows for upload and download. The bars are for the phone signal only. Not data...

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
OK....

The Mobile Network Signal showing constantly ON is your "cellular" radio...which shows your signal to make and receive calls. This has nothing to do with data as your wifi is handling that chore. Turning on wifi turns off your Mobile data. What your phone is showing is normal so your good to go.

Last edited:

DWR_31

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
Also guys, if you want to save a little more battery, airplane mode kills that cellular signal. And if you are like me, I use WiFi constantly at work so I put my phone in airplane mode and turn on WiFi, while using Google Voice to get my texts and calls.

Stock Sprint GSIII lover!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi