My Samsung Galaxy S8+ is stuck on Android 7.0

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

My S8+ is stuck with Android 7.0... I had this for the past 6 months and no update, nothing. I sent a ticket to Samsung and they said Android 8.0 and 9.0 was released for my device.. but no update. Any help? Thanks

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Look at the phone - does it have a carrier name or icon? Verizon? AT&T? Something like that? If it does, they have to supply the update. If not, Samsung does.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Also, go to Settings>About Phone and tell us what the exact model number is.

Since it was a gift, can you ask the person you gave it to you where they got it from? And hopefully the answer isn't, "I found it." ;)

cosmin3232

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
It is not a carrier phone. It is SM-G955F and IMEI is [redacted by Mod] if this helps with something. The phone is from UK if I recall, but I don't live in UK myself. Does the country difference means something?

Last edited by a moderator:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I edited out your IMEI# -- that's relatively sensitive info.

I'm not sure if just a simple region difference would matter, unless the phone was in fact originally with a UK carrier (sometimes it can be hard to tell). Have you already tried using Smart Switch to update?