Need a ROM that works on 2.1

ThirstyTurtle

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
So I updated to 2.1 a few days ago, fresh install, no root or anything. I have since put on the recovery tool (SPBRecovery I think it's called) so I am now able to use nandroid and install custom roms. I really want to install a custom rom that will enable overclocking because the Droid feels slow compared to the 950Mhz i was running at on 2.0.1

So I've tried a couple versions of Bugless Beast that claim to work for 2.1 but can't get any to work. It's all very convoluted because ALL the roms have features from 2.1 so they all come up when searching for this.

So I just want a rooted rom with overclocked kernels that I can install over my current 2.1 using SPBrecovery.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

R

Roy Aguilera

Don't get what you are asking for?
You want to stay on the official but want to use a custom rom?

ThirstyTurtle

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Well since I already have installed the recovery I was wondering if there is a rooted rom I can now flash without having to go back to 2.0.1, but it sounds like the answer to that may be no.

MBSMD

Feb 7, 2010
Visit site
Well since I already have installed the recovery I was wondering if there is a rooted rom I can now flash without having to go back to 2.0.1, but it sounds like the answer to that may be no.

The answer is yes, as long as your 2.1 is rooted. If you received the over-the-air upgrade, then you are not rooted. If that is the case, then you will have to downgrade to 2.01 so you can root. If your phone is already rooted on a manually-installed 2.1, then all you need to do is choose the ROM you want to install and flash away. The ROM Manager app in the market is an easy way to do it.

PJnc284

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
The answer is yes, as long as your 2.1 is rooted. If you received the over-the-air upgrade, then you are not rooted. If that is the case, then you will have to downgrade to 2.01 so you can root. If your phone is already rooted on a manually-installed 2.1, then all you need to do is choose the ROM you want to install and flash away. The ROM Manager app in the market is an easy way to do it.

You don't necessarily need to go back to 2.0.1. If he flashed the SPRecovery using RSD Lite, he should be good. [How-To] Install SPRecovery on unrooted 2.1 OTA - Android Forums

Were you trying to do a nandroid restore with bugless beast?

mupi

Apr 11, 2010
Visit site
If you follow the rest of the directions on Droidmod (and lets give credit where due, AFAIK, they were the first to publish this exploit) 2.1 SP Recovery SBF has arrived ! you will have full root permission on stock 2.1

From there, you can install a kernel with overclocking, without disrupting the rest of your setup at all.

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
Usually boosts speed. Memory is random, depending if you are using a full-featured (or bulky) ROM or not.

Should be able to Google it... I think it's on xda

Edit: Wow.. This isn't the post I replied to at all... Guess Tapatalk glitch...

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited: