New or Refurbished?

turbochgd

Oct 18, 2016
Visit site
I was having a minor Bluetooth problem with my 3 month old Z Force Droid. I contacted Motorola and they authorized sending it back for repair under warranty.

When I received it today it wasn't my phone but either a new or refurbished replacement, can't tell the difference.

I want to sell it on eBay as I have a Moto Z Droid which I'm currently using and like for it's thinness. My question is how to list it, New or Refurbished? Is the a way to tell?

Matty

Q&A Team
Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
I was having a minor Bluetooth problem with my 3 month old Z Force Droid. I contacted Motorola and they authorized sending it back for repair under warranty.

When I received it today it wasn't my phone but either a new or refurbished replacement, can't tell the difference.

I want to sell it on eBay as I have a Moto Z Droid which I'm currently using and like for it's thinness. My question is how to list it, New or Refurbished? Is the a way to tell?

I don't think there is a way of telling whether or not the phone is new or refurbished. Technically since you have opened the phone it's no longer new and should e classified as 2nd hand but i don't think Motorola would send you a refurbished device after you sent them a brand new one (practically)..

So i personally would list it as 'Mint Condition', 'Never Used', 'Unboxed Only'.
It's more towards new than refurbished.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

What box did it come in?

What are the warranty terms?

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I don't think there is a way of telling whether or not the phone is new or refurbished. Technically since you have opened the phone it's no longer new and should e classified as 2nd hand but i don't think Motorola would send you a refurbished device after you sent them a brand new one (practically)..

So i personally would list it as 'Mint Condition', 'Never Used', 'Unboxed Only'.
It's more towards new than refurbished.

I agree with the "Unboxed Only" title. Sounds like a good plan.

Paras Advani

Jul 15, 2017
Visit site
if you want cheap refurbished smartphones which works like a charm, i would suggest you to check out Yaantra they got amazing variety of smartphones and also provide 6 months warranty, I myself purchased a refurbished phone from Yaantra & still using it

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site

It could be either....contact them and ask if you are concerned

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I'd wager it falls under the "Manufacturer Refurbished" category.

Maaaybe the "New Other" but I'd choose the former.