Nexus 4 Ordered on November 27: Order Status and Tracking

Javai43

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
I got my email at 5:05 AM EST...

Your order has been shipped!
Google Inc. shipped your order. Have questions? Contact Google Inc..

Dec 5
Google Inc. charged your VISA xxx-xxxx for $387.42. "GOOGLE *Devices" will appear on your billing statement.

Dec 5
Google Inc. shipped your order.
Track UPS package #1Z7F382VXXXXXXXXXX

Nov 27
Google Inc. received your order.

Nov 27
You placed an order with Google Inc. on Nov 27. Google Wallet sent a copy of this receipt to XXXX@gmail.com

lejad

Screenshot by Lightshot

Last edited:

rsenator

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Yes I did. Does being a Super Moderator mean that I can't ask questions or something? I haven't ordered a Nexus 4 yet, so I'm not going through what you guys are. I decided to wait for the rush to be over so that I don't HAVE to go through it.

My experience with moderating forums is that one of the principle responsibilities is to enforce a rule, of sorts, that participants read a thread thoroughly before they post on it. Your post was a clear violation of my experience, hence my retort. That said, I am not a moderator, a super moderator or even a person aspiring to either; let the non sequitur flow. :p

Last edited:

uteninja

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Just like another post for the nexus 7, I was able to find my tracking number for it and had the exact same shipping issue. The label was created 7/11 and delivered 7/17 without any updates between those.

AndyPolidore

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Just like another post for the nexus 7, I was able to find my tracking number for it and had the exact same shipping issue. The label was created 7/11 and delivered 7/17 without any updates between those.

When you received it and checked your tracking had it ever updated to anything? Or did you not bother looking?

discosadness

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
My 2:14PM Nov 27 order (1-2 weeks) that supposedly shipped on the 30th still looks like this:

Called Google yesterday and they said they'd look into it. This is all they could tell me:

My card was charged for the full amount on Friday (no longer pending). Honestly though, not expecting the phone any time in the near future.

minnemike

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Just got an email from google play saying my phones have shipped and I have a UPS tracking no. My order was the 2-3 week window so ahead of schedule for sure. We'll see. What happens in the next 24hrs.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk

So, basically, you are now exactly where all the 1-2 week people were at on 11-30. Good luck!

rsenator

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site

So now we have a 7-day precedence, in which the time between said shipment and actual delivery were 7 days apart. We have the earlier incidence, by Ock (I believe), of the same scenario being a day less, i.e., 6 days. Perhaps location had something to play in the extra day.

Has anyone gotten a Nexus 4 from the sale last week on 11/27?

m3lover1

Trusted Member
May 4, 2010
Visit site
I ordered mine on the 27th at 2:00PM PST, got the 1-2 week estimate. Received shipping email 11/30 at about 4:00AM PST. After signing up with MyChoice it says delivery on 12/4, which didn't happen. This morning received an email from UPS with updated delivery date of 12/6, yet on ups.com still shows the yellow box. Here's hoping that the email is true and I do get it tomorrow.

Anyone else get that email?

discosadness

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I ordered mine on the 27th at 2:00PM PST, got the 1-2 week estimate. Received shipping email 11/30 at about 4:00AM PST. After signing up with MyChoice it says delivery on 12/4, which didn't happen. This morning received an email from UPS with updated delivery date of 12/6, yet on ups.com still shows the yellow box. Here's hoping that the email is true and I do get it tomorrow.

Anyone else get that email?

My situation sounds pretty identical to you--MyChoice showed mine should have arrived yesterday as well.

Unfortunately, no e-mail from UPS today with a 12/6 shipping date :( Let's hope yours is legit!!

m3lover1

Trusted Member
May 4, 2010
Visit site
My situation sounds pretty identical to you--MyChoice showed mine should have arrived yesterday as well.

Unfortunately, no e-mail from UPS today with a 12/6 shipping date :( Let's hope yours is legit!!

I hope so. I started the port for my number to gvoice on Monday before I realized that my phone actually might not have shipped, and had to cancel the port yesterday. Lol.

I'll definitely update everyone here if it is indeed legit and I get it tomorrow.

taj7575

May 28, 2011
Visit site
Reading this thread is so embarrassing. I can't believe Google is putting so many loyal customers through this mess. and the worst part? They're putting them through it again. How did they not learn from the Nexus 7?

rsenator

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Reading this thread is so embarrassing. I can't believe Google is putting so many loyal customers through this mess. and the worst part? They're putting them through it again. How did they not learn from the Nexus 7?

The paradigm shift from Apple to Google is significant; in fact, one could say there is little similarity between the two companies in terms of vision, mission, etc. What is clear, at least at this point is, Google is definitely not adopting Apple's usually good customer service experience. It is odd that a company, such as Google, which espouses so much openness and freedom are so opaque when it comes to customer service.

Magnum M

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
Hi this is my first reply here at AC, i've ordered min on the 28 and got an estimate of 4-5 weeks, but i would like to know where i will receive my tracking number from UPS? Will i receive by e-mail or i should go to the UPS site or something like that?

Tks!

laser155

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Hi this is my first reply here at AC, i've ordered min on the 28 and got an estimate of 4-5 weeks, but i would like to know where i will receive my tracking number from UPS? Will i receive by e-mail or i should go to the UPS site or something like that?

Tks!

You'll get an email from the google play store with a tracking number. Your google play account will also show you the tracking number if you log in once it is available.

m3lover1

Trusted Member
May 4, 2010
Visit site
You will get it in your email and google wallet under transactions, but I would assume you wouldn't get the tracking until about 4-5 weeks after you ordered.

minnemike

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
The paradigm shift from Apple to Google is significant; in fact, one could say there is little similarity between the two companies in terms of vision, mission, etc. What is clear, at least at this point is, Google is definitely not adopting Apple's usually good customer service experience. It is odd that a company, such as Google, which espouses so much openness and freedom are so opaque when it comes to customer service.

In their defense, Google has only recently become a hardware seller. Apple has been doing it for a very long time. Google gets a slight pass from me right now, and I would assume they have the issues sorted out after the holidays and sometime next year.

czucker

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
I would usually agree with that. However, Google is a big enough company, with more than enough cash, to bring experienced people into the fold. It's not like they're a bunch of kids trying to pack boxes and ship out of the garage.

I'm surprised by how poor they are handling this. I don't mind the wait at all, but I do mind being told that my item has shipped and being billed for it.

Just seems kind of unprofessional.

m3lover1

Trusted Member
May 4, 2010
Visit site
I would usually agree with that. However, Google is a big enough company, with more than enough cash, to bring experienced people into the fold. It's not like they're a bunch of kids trying to pack boxes and ship out of the garage.

I'm surprised by how poor they are handling this. I don't mind the wait at all, but I do mind being told that my item has shipped and being billed for it.

Just seems kind of unprofessional.

Agreed. I never ordered the Nexus 7, so I never experienced the fiasco there, I would have assumed Google would have learned some lessons there and make the launch and shipping of the Nexus 4 better. Really surprised how that didn't happen.

ugahairydawgs

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
In their defense, Google has only recently become a hardware seller. Apple has been doing it for a very long time. Google gets a slight pass from me right now, and I would assume they have the issues sorted out after the holidays and sometime next year.

They aren't doing retail on a whim. They (in theory) planned out their retail strategy from the ground up. A company the size of Google doesn't have to scale it out, especially since it is e-commerce only.

They had a piss poor plan or piss poor execution. Or both.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sáenz